Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

So Battroid mode with all armor on and in a dynamic pose...check.

Fighter mode with all armor on...check.

Now give me pics of Battroid mode in a static A-stance pose so I can get a real handle on proportions. None of this dynamic pose trickery. Also, un-armored pics ^_^

Nice!

Thank you very much for pictures IXTL. :)

News of all these new valks, no news of release dates, prices, etc though, right?

Shameless self-quote. :lol:

Thank you very much for pictures IXTL. :)

News of all these new valks, no news of release dates, prices, etc though, right?

Shameless self-quote. :lol:

Nice! - Insert my cover up " I thought you meant something else" comment here. Edited by sreichma

seems like the gaps are there due to the lowered legs/hips position when using fast packs.

Problem is, the legs are too slim (vertically) that they do not have enough heights to cover the gaps with the wing roots, unlike Aracadia's more bulkier legs, where the gaps are filled with the fast packs thickness.

That, or the VF-Advanced are not supposed to have lowered hips when using fast packs (since its a different bird than the YF) and an avid fan of a YF mistransformed it during the show (?)

FIGURE-002551_09.jpg

I still think the YF is a better looking bird (both battroid & fighter) ! sorry for the "unrelated" pics :

290.jpg

I like it a lot too but it was priced pretty high. hehe I bet this new bandai sells in big numbers because of the more affordable price. Even if it turns out worse in quality in any area. (not likely since they keep improving - even local yamato and arcadia fanboys have to admit it) Arcadia needs to start to tampo print more details imo.

Why is that so hard to do?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

it doesn't look good from the top view of the 19.

reminds me of the 29 shape min body too wide in the middle (which i feel is off) wings feel too far forward making the legs look long. anyways i think i like the side view profile and will avoid the top view.

i agree with this. the wings and shield look too far forward relative to the legs. also, the thrust vectoring nozzles look angled strangely upwards. side and bottom view look far better than the top view.

To Ho has 82 photos from the Macross event on his fiickr page, there are quite a few VF-19 ADV detail shots.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97939553@N02/sets/72157647080275014/

Nice, thank you. And thank you to IXTL and joppewo for all of those pictures.

Agreed, fit and finish issues are definitely because this is a prototype that Bandai is showing.

Agreed that Bandai has taken a much more "stylized" aesthetic with the VF-19 vs. Arcadia's more line-art accurate YF-19.

Agreed that unless this is a web exclusive or Bandai ups the production numbers there will be a lot of pre-order heartbreak.

At this point any additional pictures are just icing on the cake and the next real news update will be regarding price and availability.

-b.

To Ho has 82 photos from the Macross event on his fiickr page, there are quite a few VF-19 ADV detail shots.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97939553@N02/sets/72157647080275014/

Based on the close-up of Milia's valk, it looks like movie-style super parts based on the arm armor parts. I wonder if that's just for the display, or they are cutting corners by not casting a second set of armors just for TV valks.

EDIT: Ooops... sorry, wrong thread!

Edited by SuperSenpai

Based on the close-up of Milia's valk, it looks like movie-style super parts based on the arm armor parts. I wonder if that's just for the display, or they are cutting corners by not casting a second set of armors just for TV valks.

I think you veered off thread there... so much Bandai news at once!

Really looking forward to this release, fighter mode looks great, it's a very nice sculpt and the tampo overload is nice. From the tampoed triangles near the cockpit it will probably be convertible to a 2 seater like the YF-19 which is always a cool option to have.

However it's a bit sad that this battroid isn't able to achieve the compact supered form as in the Arcadia's pics posted earlier by aaajin since the boosters are connected directly to the wings and not to the wing roots.

I can't believe nobody's mentioned that they included a storage option for the fighter mode neck cover behind the shield while in battroid mode.

Yeah, believe it or not Saburo mentioned it and, amazingly enough, it wasn't possible to keep this topic for more than two pages.

When I look at the shoulders and hips, it seems that it's not the usual ball-joints that Bandai uses. The shoulder joints look like they're made of plastic (which might be a good thing), while the hip joints seem more complex than the ones they used in the 25 series. And both of these joints appear to have an easily accessible screw that I think can be used to tighten the joints if needed.

Has anyone else noticed the shield also looks too long in fighter mode? Maybe it's the angle of the pic, but it looks too long to me.

i think it has to do with the trick neck cover integration into the shield that everyone's talking about. it's a pretty slick gimmick but as a result the shield has to be long enough to cover the head, which means it starts too far forward making it look overly long. the wings also start too far forward making the legs look overly long as well. even completely ignoring the gaps, the proportions just seem all out of wack from the top view. looks good from every other angle though.

Edited by cyde01

It's also a prototype which hasn't been assembled with much care.

Love the pics, and fighter mode looks quite nice. Bandai itself has too much coming out competing for my money, but this may well make it on my list if the final product lives up to the prototype's promise.

I wouldn't be surprised that the armor is causing the gappiness. The 27 with Armour is a bitch to get everything to lock together well in fighter mode.

I'd really like to see unarmoured pictures. Here I thought I was done with toys. :p

Chris

I love that front view! While its not exactly the YF-19 we grew up with, I love how they modernized it and it seems sleeker (definitely in keeping with "Advanced" version, I think it would be a mistake to keep comparing it with the original 80's design lineart) - it would be very appropriate next MF stuff. I'm eagerly awaiting this release.