Arcadia to sell stand separately?

Gakken85

The Flightpose had the paint wearing issue plus compared to the original, they aren't as good in quality. The original had a solid base with the black tip. The new one had instances of cracking where the screws went. They're priced well but the ones (I think it was Sithlord that use to sell them) were freakin solid. Got a few myself.

Whoops - I meant original black tip stands. Am aware of the paint issues with the newer ones, but anime52k8 didn't specify which he feels are of such poor quality.

At any rate, until Arcadia releases a smaller, more dynamic stand, or something along the lines of the original DYRL stands the debate will go on.

-b.

Good, dynamic poses? Oh boy, please be patient guys. Hopefully I'll beat Arcadia to you with a much better product.

I wouldn't worry. These stands never last long on the market and they get expensive fast. There's always room for more stands and not just for Macross toys.

I wouldn't mind pickup couple fazt pack and stands. Flight post is good for fighter mode but lacks for Gerwalk and robot mode as mention earlier.

Will buy from the Yeti because I'd like to support a MW member. Plus he'll make his stands with love, which you can always see and feel.

Edited by Sildani

Will buy from the Yeti because I'd like to support a MW member. Plus he'll make his stands with love, which you can always see and feel.

You better believe I will. I have been sourcing and sorting bolts nuts and washers for a couple days now. My fingers smell like metal.

Whoops - I meant original black tip stands. Am aware of the paint issues with the newer ones, but anime52k8 didn't specify which he feels are of such poor quality.

Sorry, I was talking about the current production clear tip versions. I've got two of them, and I've gone through about 5 of the top plates between them, all of which have cracked to various degrees. also, the hollow bases are too light IMO to support heavier valks at more extreme angles.

the old black tip versions are great, but they don't make them any more, and the new ones are a huge step down in quality to me.

Sorry, I was talking about the current production clear tip versions. I've got two of them, and I've gone through about 5 of the top plates between them, all of which have cracked to various degrees. also, the hollow bases are too light IMO to support heavier valks at more extreme angles.

the old black tip versions are great, but they don't make them any more, and the new ones are a huge step down in quality to me.

That is the same way I feel. I have a few of the original ones and they are pretty awesome. I ordered some late last year and was greatly disappointed with the changes. I have not experienced any issues will paint striping, but the loss of quality alone is part of what set me on the path to make my own stands.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

The cracking and paint stripping is what did them in for me. I was considering picking them up but the way the clear plastic cracks killed them for me. :(

The cracking and paint stripping is what did them in for me. I was considering picking them up but the way the clear plastic cracks killed them for me. :(

It is too thin. I had this argument with one of the potentional injection molders. They talked about wanting to put as little amount of plastic through the mold as possible to increase overhead. I'd rather be making less per part and sell a solid bit of kit.

To take the money and run. But we know you won't do that to us ;)

I'd make more money in the long run by having a good product people like. At least, that is how I am going about it.

I have literally had conversations like this:

Yeti: "I want it better"

Guy: "But you could make it cheaper to produce, so more $ for us"

Yeti: "I'd rather have it be a better product"

Guy: "But, cheaper..."

Yeti: "Better"

Guy: "Cheaper?"

If I go the kickstarter funded injection molded route I feel like I have a place I can use, but most places just want to achieve the cheapest to make product. There has to be a balance, especially with collectors. You guys will crucify a mediocre stand. If there is a cost/quality balance, mine is going to swing to the higher quality side.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Gotcha, I'd known about members having issues with paint stripping on the new versions but I was not aware (or just forgot) about those other issues. So yeah, those do indeed sound like junk.

I'd make more money in the long run by having a good product people like. At least, that is how I am going about it.

If I go the kickstarter funded injection molded route I feel like I have a place I can use, but most places just want to achieve the cheapest to make product. There has to be a balance, especially with collectors. You guys will crucify a mediocre stand. If there is a cost/quality balance, mine is going to swing to the higher quality side.

Gotta love people that are only in it for their bottom-line. It truly is lost on some people/businesses/whatever that if you provide a better service or product then you WILL make more money in the long run versus a quicker buck.

Props to you for working on stands that the community is interested in and even more props for sticking to your principles.

-b.

Gotcha, I'd known about members having issues with paint stripping on the new versions but I was not aware (or just forgot) about those other issues. So yeah, those do indeed sound like junk.

Gotta love people that are only in it for their bottom-line. It truly is lost on some people/businesses/whatever that if you provide a better service or product then you WILL make more money in the long run versus a quicker buck.

Props to you for working on stands that the community is interested in and even more props for sticking to your principles.

-b.

I am not willing to put my time, money, and energy into something I wouldn't want for myself.

Yeti, any idea the ballpark of your stand price?

I do. Wait for the vid. I don't want to say anything yet. I don't have my order in hand from the vendor. It would be irresponsible to put a price to it yet, but I know what I want to sell it for.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Respect to you with your firm stand on better quality products.

Do you plan on coloring the macross symbol red? Sorry if that was covered elsewhere.

Sorry. They have gone far beyond those first kite based ones. I took down most of the revised pictures due to advice from a patent lawyer I met with. The stands I am making come with no licensed insignia's.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

I prefer that way too. Saw your early pics with the symbol and they look great...but if you wanna sell this, you have to do all the stand generic so any other collector (not only macross) can enjoy it.

Exactly.

Sorry. They have gone far beyond those first kite based ones. I took down most of the revised pictures due to advice from a patent lawyer I met with. The stands I am making come with no licensed insignia's.

Should we be reading anything into that 'come' in italics? :)