New Macross 1/1 DYRL helmets

Jasonc

Through Over-drive-inc.com, I just got a confirmation that I will be able to order one of the soon to be (re-released) 1/1 scale Yamato DYRL Hikaru helmets. I was wondering if anyone will be getting these, and if so, how many? I have ordered only one, as I will also be awaiting the other 2 to come out. I know there's one, perhaps two people here, who got the first helmets way back when, and paid a hefty price for them. These new ones, to my knowledge, are the exact same as those, and run for about $500 each. Does anyone have any good pics of the new helmets coming in? I saw one the other day, but don't remember where I saw it.

I'm selling most of the stuff I can live without, and plan on going strictly 1/60 for Yamato, and for these helmets. I guess every once-in-awhile, I have that need to buy something exclusive. This and my 1/4 or 1/5 Minmay doll will be my two exclusive things I will have for now. Seeing one of the members here with the helmets, they are just amazing to look at. Getting these at less than half the price, same quality, is a real blessing. I'm also not spending my current finances on it, but am letting go of parts of my other collection I've been able to live without.

It was in thier newsletter. If you ask if they can get more or order, they will provide you with the info. I didn't see a specific preorder for it. I'd really like to see the inside of these to see if they are actually wearable (not that I plan to wear it all over the place, but would like to at least take a pic with it on. Anyways, write to over-drive and ask them about it. They are a great company to work with, since they try to get stuff for you, even if they don't have it in their stock, or plan to carry it.

ap_20090213015925749.jpg.jpg

This is another small-lish pic I found.

As cool as the helmet is, for me, fortunately it doesn't make my heart skip a beat and give me that "oh I gotta have it feeling" as some of the other stuff about to be released has given me. With the large scale SDF-1's price possibly being in the stratosphere and other upcoming Valks I want, the helmet is more or less "meh". If the price was maybe $250 I'd consider it, but I will probably pass on this one.

I think the real question is that, Is a a certified helmet (I'm guessing no.)? :mellow: And who is going to be the first one with the sack to use it on a bike, quad, sled, skateboarding or skying/snowborading? :lol: If you do post picks! :p

FYI it won't be a purchase for me as I doubt a helmet made in Japan would fit a 6'+ plus Caucasian with a giant mellon. :mellow: Not any fun if I can't at least try it on. <_<

Edited by logos

As cool as the helmet is, for me, fortunately it doesn't make my heart skip a beat and give me that "oh I gotta have it feeling" as some of the other stuff about to be released has given me. With the large scale SDF-1's price possibly being in the stratosphere and other upcoming Valks I want, the helmet is more or less "meh". If the price was maybe $250 I'd consider it, but I will probably pass on this one.

I hear you on that...Some of the product coming will be quite hefty. That SDF-1 is a definitel must for me. I've reserved myself to buying only 1/60 scale Macross products, and of course, the odd and obscure things, like this helmet, and the SDF-1. I'm definitely prepared for the big price of some of these items. Kinda planning out my budget for specific items. Good thing for the SDF, is that it won't be out til next year.

I hear you on that...Some of the product coming will be quite hefty. That SDF-1 is a definitel must for me. I've reserved myself to buying only 1/60 scale Macross products, and of course, the odd and obscure things, like this helmet, and the SDF-1. I'm definitely prepared for the big price of some of these items. Kinda planning out my budget for specific items. Good thing for the SDF, is that it won't be out til next year.

If that thing will fit my head i'll be putting that on the track with this:

a11.jpg

177.gif

Finally, someone else now lug these things to the MW Cons so I don't have to! :lol:

But looks like they don't have the chest and backpack armor which you still have!!! haha.... do you know if they're selling those too jason?

I asked Overdrive about the additional helmets, and the chest piece, and I was told that they may do the other helmets. As for the chest piece, that hasn't been talked about yet, so for that, only time will tell. If they do, it'll be another item to save up for.

Also, I don't think these are meant to be used as safety helmets, althouth, that would be an awesome release if they were.

I asked Overdrive about the additional helmets, and the chest piece, and I was told that they may do the other helmets. As for the chest piece, that hasn't been talked about yet, so for that, only time will tell. If they do, it'll be another item to save up for.

Also, I don't think these are meant to be used as safety helmets, althouth, that would be an awesome release if they were.

I was just joking of course I wouldn't put that on the track...lol.. but it would look cool none the less..If I could find a large enough decal of a VF1S or an anime girl I'd slap that on darkness and let the good times roll...and in the words of Schizo:

Thou has incited the wrath of Schizo's Quote-changing.

"Hkaru, you've got to come back with me!"

"Where?"

"Back to the Macross!"

"Roy, come on, what are you doing?"

"I need fuel!"

"Aw, come on, Roc, I just got back. I was gonna take Misa out for a spin up to the lake in the new plane."

"Take her; this concerns her, too."

"What happens to us in the future, Roy? What, do we become apefaces or something?"

"Uh, no, you and Misa turn out fine. It's your kids, Hikaru! Something's got to be done about your kids!"

"Roy, you gotta back up! There's not enough flight deck to get up to 88!"

"Flight deck? Where we're going, we don't need... Flight decks."

*Converts to GERWALK*

But seriously If I do receive the helmet.. I would display it in a glass cabinet probably a 2 detolf size one and set it up like the ending credits of the Macross series..Helmet with an album of pictures of the characters and My large minmay next to it. That would be so cool 178.gif

Yeah I kinda doubt even though they are that expensive they are probably NOT road certified. Still if anyone buys one of these and can fit it on their heads please post picks with your favorite mode of transportation.

I have a size 8 hat head so finding helmets that fit sucks, so even though I'd love to I won't buy something like this that won't fit my head...... :(

Edited by logos

Yeah I kinda doubt even though they are that expensive they are probably NOT road certified. Still if anyone buys one of these and can fit it on their heads please post picks with your favorite mode of transportation.

I have a size 8 hat head so finding helmets that fit sucks, so even though I'd love to I won't buy something like this that won't fit my head...... :(

I guarantee you now it won't fit my melon, I have a huge melon on top of my shoulders and it would be a miracle if it did fit..

So, OK, if this does fit on my head (just might), I'll take a pic of it next to valkyrie I pilot to work and back...Kyun Kyun, Kyun Kyun, LOL!!! Can't guarantee that I'll be doing anything crazy though.

For $500, I'd love to pick up the Hikaru helmet to complete my display. It's still a little rich for an 'undersized' 1:1 prop helmet, but it beats paying 4x the price on ebay for one of the ones released a few years back.

PM/e-mail me some info, Jasonc, and I'll mull over whether or not I can pull the trigger on one.