Macross CD's, LP's, and Casettes.

Totoro242

Coolness. Does it go online to check gracenote, you put in the title info manually or is that one of the few CDs that was actually encoded with title information?

Coolness. Does it go online to check gracenote, you put in the title info manually or is that one of the few CDs that was actually encoded with title information?

The disc in the player is a cd-r of the original. I use Nero and it goes online to find title and track info.

There are some cd's that have track/artist info on the disc; but they are rare birds. Classical cd's seem to use it quite frequently...

my 1987/1990 PIONEER PD-91 was made well before the dawn of CD-R -

(though several consumer recordable CD formats were under development

during 1987/1990, such as the TAIYO-YUDEN CD-R, and the TANDY/RADIO SHACK developed "THOR-CD" which was claimed at the time

to be ready for consumer consumption by the early 1990s, but never did surface)

- so the PD-91 requires adjustment of the FOCUS and TRACKING GAIN Variable Potentiometers before it'll read most any

NERO-created, 8X Rec.ed CD-R without fail.

the FOCUS and TRACKING GAIN were conservatively set at the factory to be JUST adequate to read factory discs,

and all one is doing when turning those Vari-Pots is increasing the values enough to enable the laser

to read the less reflective CD-R as well as it does the standard CD.

on less conservatively adjusted vintage CD players, most notably

the 1985/1987 DENON DCD-1500, (NOT the 1987/1988 DCD-1500II, which MAY or MAY NOT be the same, i've never owned one)

the player has no problem reading most CD-Rs with NO ADJUSTMENTS REQUIRED.

of course, the DENON DCD-1500 looks and sounds nowhere near as good

as the PIONEER PD-91, so the minor one-time inconvenience of adjustment

is, of course, WELL worth the trouble...

Edited by Shaorin

The disc in the player is a cd-r of the original. I use Nero and it goes online to find title and track info.

There are some cd's that have track/artist info on the disc; but they are rare birds. Classical cd's seem to use it quite frequently...

nice!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Some of my LPs. Much nicer to listen to than CDs. I'm enough of an audiophile that I like the "feel" of vinyl, but not too much of one that I spend much more than I can afford on maniac equipment. :p

I'll take a proper photo next time, this is far too messy, sorry...

post-1318-0-32774200-1304852554_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Some of my LPs. Much nicer to listen to than CDs. I'm enough of an audiophile that I like the "feel" of vinyl, but not too much of one that I spend much more than I can afford on maniac equipment. :p

I'll take a proper photo next time, this is far too messy, sorry...

That's a great collection. We need better pictures!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, I just got a copy of Re.Fire!! and has anybody translated the insert concerning City 7 in 2060? My wife isn't here and I can't find anything on the interwebs.

Yeah I did, I think it's in the Fire Bomber thread in the Movies & TV forum.

• 4 months later...

Hey if anyone here is interested in aquiring anime LPs I just found this site that will take international orders, has a great stock, and an english site. Haven't ordered from them yet, but plan to in the near future. check them out if you like. Lots of old anime titles! http://www.snowrecords.co.jp/servlet/StoreFront

• 6 months later...

Yep, this is something of a thread resurrection, but it was the best place I could find to answer my question:

My birthday just came and went and my girlfriend got me some Macross CD's as a gift. I was a bit suspicious of them, since she paid, I think, 25 bucks for three CDs off of eBay. How can I tell if they're legit? She got Macross Frontier OSTs 1 and 2, and Macross Frontier Nyantama.

I'd like to make sure before I unwrap the plastic packaging and dive right in.

I think I know what your gf bought you.....if so they are not original....but still unless you were buying them yourself...I would just be grateful that my gf was thoughtful enough to get me something I liked....If she is not a fan I would not expect her to know the difference.....bringing it up will just make her feel bad which is the complete opposite of what her goal was for you when she searched for and bought you something from "macross"......been there.....just take the cd's and enjoy....they sound the same as the originals....

• 3 months later...

I've got all my old school vinyl stored away. Why? I don't know, I can't play them anymore :huh: Great memories though guys, thanks for sharing! - MT

Edited by MechTech

• 1 year later...

Is the "Macross the Complete" CD set really "complete" or would you still need other albums to have every piece of music that has been released so far for the original TV series and movie?

The music albums is part of Macross collecting that I did not get into, but would like to at least have all the available tracks for the original Macross TV series and DYRL....thanks!

Also, is there a Macross 7 BGM album...or is it all Firebomber tracks?

Is the "Macross the Complete" CD set really "complete" or would you still need other albums to have every piece of music that has been released so far for the original TV series and movie?

The music albums is part of Macross collecting that I did not get into, but would like to at least have all the available tracks for the original Macross TV series and DYRL....thanks!

Also, is there a Macross 7 BGM album...or is it all Firebomber tracks?

Macross the Complete is basically a compilation of all the music from the original TV and DYRL. There is virtually nothing else music wise. That said, the drama albums and some other "image albums" like "Macross Suite" still have some original instrumental tracks which are not included in this set. Everything from the shows is there, though.

CD1 -- SDF Mac TV OST 1&2

CD2 -- DYRL OST and song karaoke tracks

CD3 -- Rare and unreleased song & BGM tracks (Millia's Lullaby, Whisper of a Star, etc...).

As for M7 BGM -- You can find those tracks on the Galaxy Network Chart Vols. 1 & 2 albums. Having said THAT, there is a ton of BGM in M7 that is repurposed from MacII and MacPlus, so you'll find those in their respective OST albums.

Macross the Complete is basically a compilation of all the music from the original TV and DYRL. There is virtually nothing else music wise. That said, the drama albums and some other "image albums" like "Macross Suite" still have some original instrumental tracks which are not included in this set. Everything from the shows is there, though.

CD1 -- SDF Mac TV OST 1&2

CD2 -- DYRL OST and song karaoke tracks

CD3 -- Rare and unreleased song & BGM tracks (Millia's Lullaby, Whisper of a Star, etc...).

As for M7 BGM -- You can find those tracks on the Galaxy Network Chart Vols. 1 & 2 albums. Having said THAT, there is a ton of BGM in M7 that is repurposed from MacII and MacPlus, so you'll find those in their respective OST albums.

Thanks, good to know I don't have to hunt down any more show/movie music. Will track down the M7 albums, even though I do have a couple Macross Plus CDs. Thanks again!

• 1 year later...

Hi Javier:

Very nice collection!

I recognize most of those Macross LPs.

The posted picture is very small, so I can't see what

the top row 2nd from left LP and 5th row, left-most LP.

Would you know the specifics of those LPs?

Thanks for sharing!

Complete collection Macross LP's

lp.jpg

Very nice Javier...always great to see complete collections of anything!

I see that you have included some records that are not all Macross, but have some Macross content....are they part of what makes it "complete" or since they had some Macross you included them anyways?

You may still be missing one....

gallery_12176_640_897833.jpg

Very nice Javier...always great to see complete collections of anything!

I see that you have included some records that are not all Macross, but have some Macross content....are they part of what makes it "complete" or since they had some Macross you included them anyways?

You may still be missing one....

gallery_12176_640_897833.jpg

jajajaja

Then almost complete. I'll hunt. It will be difficult

You would need one of those crazy expensive Laser needle LP players just to maintain

the integrity of such a rare LP.

The Macross RED DISC will likely remain an unheard Macross mystery closely guarded

by Protoculture acolytes. Beware, beware!

:p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I recently realized that I did not have Miss D.J. or Harukanaru Omoi in my Macross soundtracks collection... it never occurred to me that I didn't have them and that I should have them... until now.

Went to Amazon Japan and purchased them last week.

Miss D.J. is worth it just for Shammy's UN Spacy enlistment song. :lol:

macross%20cds_zps6fu1xol5.jpg