Combining The VO Topics

vibayo

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

FNF2008.jpg

12/21/07

BE THERE!!!

Ill be on from 7:00pm to 9:00pm (Southern Cali Time)

HAMACHI NETWORKS

Beginers and training.

ROBOTECHvoxp1

pass=robotech

INTERMIDIATE

ROBOTECHvoxp2

pass=robotech

ADVANCED

ROBOTECHvoxp3

pass=robotech

!!!!NOTE!!!!

What the heck is ROBLOWTECH voxp ?!!

For you Hardcore Macross Fans its a T.V. version Mod

we basicly tried everything to get more people to play Macross VOXP online but only succeeded in having 2 US players :(

so we decided to make a ROBOTECH MOD to try to attract new players to this amazing lil game.

Since we Launched the MOD we have had over 1900 downloads and have about 20 pilots that battel regularly. :)

so i apologize for Promoting a ROBOTECH Mod but we are just huge fans of Mr Shoji Kawamorie's Valkyrie/Veritech and we just want to find more pilots . :)

please visit

http://robotechvoxp.freeforums.org/index.php

for more info

Edited by Razor x

I am trying to come up with a similar english mod for VOXP that was made for VO. I need to get in touch with the three guys who made the english mod for VO. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

"English Translation Patch

Macross World

467KB

Download

This translation patch is brought to us by Shawn, Lance, and Ukyou. It is now based on v1.14 of the game. The options, missions and equipments config screens as well as some other texts are translated."

I have been enlisting Razor's help on his forum but I need to get inside the .exe file of the mod to see what they did to get the executable to translate those menus. So far all decompilers have not opened the files. They must be very well protected by one way or another. I tried using a .NET decompiler to no avail (reflection) said the exe had no cli header. It would be much easier for me to go through the code of the english mod and compare it with an un moded exe file.

Please help with this enormous task.

Shadowdemon

Edited by Shadowdemon

Before I dig up my copy of the game and reinstall it, does anyone know how easy it is to pull and edit the textures? I just wanted to play with them a bit, see if I could use them for something.

Before I dig up my copy of the game and reinstall it, does anyone know how easy it is to pull and edit the textures? I just wanted to play with them a bit, see if I could use them for something.

your going to have to reinstall the game and look in the Models folder.

All the "Skins" are right there to do what ever you like to them with Photoshop or any Graphics program.

if you cant find your copy of the game you can download our version from here...

http://robotechvoxp.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=28

we have improved all the graphics and sounds . and provide a translation guide you can print out so you can play the game.

Njoi!

Edited by Razor x

FNF11108.jpg

!!!!FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS!!!!

Ill be on from 6:00pm to 9:00pm (1700 to 2100 Southern Cali Time)

(if you need help with knowing when we will play use this world clock...

http://www.world-clock.org/ )

JAN 11, 2008

Hope to see you there...

HAMACHI NETWORKS...

Beginners and training.

ROBOTECHvoxp1

pass=robotech

INTERMEDIATE

ROBOTECHvoxp2

pass=robotech

ADVANCED

ROBOTECHvoxp3

pass=robotech

• 3 months later...

HERE IS THE VF-0S for VOXP!!!

http://www.box.net/shared/1utcfzy0ww

there are 2 versions you can choose from in this DL...

1) replaces the VF-1S

2) replaces the "Max"VF-1J

(install instructions are in both English and Spanish.)

Njoi!

P.S. WOW I think we are the first Game to feature the VF-0 !!! hope you guys like it :)

Edited by Razor x

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok so it kind sorta got it running played mission 1 3 times still can shoot, just keep dyeing stupid keybord I'm going to give mu ace combat flight stick a shot tonight.

Yo, I'm a noob so please be kind. I've been trying to join games on Macross VOXP, or more accurately, the Robotech Conversion Mod. However, I can't seem to figure out how to join the servers on Hamachi. I try to copypaste the IP into the address bar for the Join Game option, but when I try it just says that it is looking for the game in the server list but it doesn't seem to find any servers. Is there something wrong, or is it supposed to take a long time and I just have to be patient?

hal9000

System Requirements...

CPU: 400 MHz Pentium II or higher (600 MHz Pentium III or higher recommended)

Memory: 64MB or higher (96 MB or higher recommended)

Graphic: DirectX 8.0 compatible 3D graphics board with 8 MB VRAM (16 MB VRAM or higher and Hardware T&L recommended)

Hard Disk: 300 MB or higher

CD-ROM Drive: 8x speed

Audio: DirectX 8.0 compatible PCM source

Other Requirements: DirectX 8.0 compatible system, communication equipment necessary for network combat (56000 bps speed or higher), Intel Hyper Threading Technologyâ„¢ suported

NexAngelus405

some times you have to turn off all your firewalls to get Hamachi to work.

Edited by Razor x

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, that YF-19 looks really nice. Maybe I'll have to try VOXP again.

BTW, did anyone get anywhere with translating VOXP?

My VO translation project ended with the last update Bothtec did to the original Macross VO.

Rookie_One right now im not sure what the guys are doing to make these customs but ill ask and see if they can hook us up with a tutorial.

Lance

as of right now the English translation project is dead in the water :(

we had a couple people try but they seem to just get lost in the Matrix(japanese code of the game)

we hope one day some one will give us a translation for this amazing game.

Bleah...

I put the VOXP mcr.exe file into a Hex editor and it appears the text is either compressed, encrypted or called from another file. With the original VO exe, I could see the Kana & Kanji as well as bits of English such as "Stage 12". With the VOXP exe, I can't see any of that. I look more tomorrow while waiting for Frontier to air.

AWESOME LANCE!!!

any attempt to translate VOXP would be great ! here is a link at what we have been able to accomplish so far...

http://robotechvoxp.freeforums.org/english...lation-t64.html

it maybe hard to believe but there are thousands of people playing this game all over the world and if we can get an english version the possibilities are endless!!

Everyone worked themselves up into a frenzy in that thread then nothing became of it.

Oohh, I have some progress to report.

VOXP's mcr.exe is a Windows Portable Executable file that uses ASPack 2.12 / Alexey Solodovnikov compression. So... I figure out how to uncompress it, we may able to edit the text.

Keep in mind that most of my programming knowledge comes from basic HTML and a bit of ASP coding. Maybe I should watch Hackers a few times to see how the 1337 do things. :D

*queue terrible Russian accent* "mcr.exe, I will break you!"

Quick update: mcr.exe has been successfully unpacked. It now looks like the original VO game when viewed with a Hex Editor.

Edited by Lance

THATS IT

WE NEED A REP SYSTEM!

also a quick question : what about the mission text?

Mission text will be one of the last things translated.

Here is my priority list:

Control Settings (Done)

Machine and Armament Settings (60% complete)

Network Screens (maybe Hamachi but I haven't looked at this program yet)

Mission Setting Screens

Radio Chatter

Mission Screens

The last four still need to be translated. Anyone want to volunteer?

Edited by Lance