Well, we're comming up to 8 months since we preordered the Latest Platz kits, and nearly a year since they were announced. Anyone have any news?

Chris

Nope, I've found no new info.

They were announced for a december release, and it's now the end of april, making them 4 months late so far. This is par for the course for Platz Yukikaze releases. I can't remember how late the Fand II was, but it was at least 6 months late.

In other news, the american version of the Blu-Ray set is out now. Did anyone pick it up? I'd love to see scans of the booklet it comes with.

It's been a while now and I still haven't received my japanese yukikaze booklet. Geez something's wrong, gonna check with celga what's up.

I didn't know about the US edition. I will check this one too,might be interesting.

It's a diecast model of the Mave. Probably the same one that was included with the limited edition Blu-ray release.

I must have it.

Looks to me like it might not have the missiles and the laser unit that the blu-ray version came with.

And it's definitely good to see the resin kits get a revised release date. July sounds good to me.

And it's definitely good to see the resin kits get a revised release date. July sounds good to me.

Indeed! Thanks!

On another note, I finally got the final DVD with Operation 5. I gotta say I LOVED it. I delayed getting it because it seemed like everyone was trashing it saying it was boring and not having much of a battle...what the hell were they talking about!! Lots of combat and even got to see more of my beloved FFR-31 Sylphid!!! I'll have to watch it agian to make sure I fully comprehend it...like I had to with the rest of the series. Overal, I found the Yukikaze OVA a very enjoyable series that requires a lot of thought to truely wrap ones mind around it :wacko: .....or maybe I'm just slow. ^_^

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
In other news, the american version of the Blu-Ray set is out now. Did anyone pick it up? I'd love to see scans of the booklet it comes with.

I have it. I think I'm one of the 5 people who bought it lol. If I have time. I'll throw up some scans.

I'll throw up some scans.

Scans from that book would be great.... actually I want to buy an art book from this series, amazing designs.... Can you guys point me in the right direction?

Now, does anyone knows about this Alter company? They are releasing this:

post-7964-1211381141_thumb.jpg

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10066725

If they release all the designs, I will be slowly and happily drawn into poverty... (I mean, 100 bucks each, only 1/100 scale.... :unsure: )

Hmm... that looks suspiciously like the Bandai EX 1/100 scale model - look a the placement of the seams... and chunky landing gears... they might of just started out with the Bandai model and modified it to cast it. Although the rear view of the back vents are better rendered than the Bandai model.

AFAIK, this will be more of an arcade type action/shooter, rather than a proper sim.

It's just a pity it's not coming to the PS2 as the only reason I would buy an X box is if they made a new Macross game for it. I'm not putting down the Xbox, rather new Macross games are the only reason for me to buy another console.

Graham

FYI no macross game has ever been that great... heck even gundam games for the PS2 were better and more fun.

Hmm... that looks suspiciously like the Bandai EX 1/100 scale model - look a the placement of the seams... and chunky landing gears... they might of just started out with the Bandai model and modified it to cast it. Although the rear view of the back vents are better rendered than the Bandai model.

The Alter SuperSylph is featured in this month's (05_2008) Hobby Japan... and looks amazing...

I want FAF planes released now.

Is the Super Sylph the only one unveiled as of now? Does anybody has seen any hints on the others coming out as part of this series?

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, cool. I don't know what their source for the scans on page 1 are, but the scans on pages 2-11 are scans of a chinese version of Fairy Air Force At War. Excellent book.

I have most of the art in the images on the first page, but there's a few that I have never seen. Mainly the color images of the Flip Knights.

Edit:

And actually, that page got me thinking. I've had a portfolio of Yukikaze art that I've been meaning to share for a while now. So I threw it up on my Photobucket account. Enjoy them, 116 pages, in all their 600dpi glory :)

http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/va...e2036/Yukikaze/

I got them from Yahoo Japan Auctions a while back, and it's pretty clear that they're a few copy generations old. But most aren't bad. And they only cover the first 2 or 3 episodes.

Edited by Valkyrie

And actually, that page got me thinking. I've had a portfolio of Yukikaze art that I've been meaning to share for a while now. So I threw it up on my Photobucket account. Enjoy them, 116 pages, in all their 600dpi glory :)

*right click, save image as...* *right click, save image as...* *right click, save image as*

Thanks a bunch for posting those!

I got them from Yahoo Japan Auctions a while back, and it's pretty clear that they're a few copy generations old. But most aren't bad. And they only cover the first 2 or 3 episodes.

Thank you brother!

Wow, cool. I don't know what their source for the scans on page 1 are, but the scans on pages 2-11 are scans of a chinese version of Fairy Air Force At War. Excellent book.

I have most of the art in the images on the first page, but there's a few that I have never seen. Mainly the color images of the Flip Knights.

Edit:

OMG OMG OMG THANKS!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got the new 1/100 Alter FFR31MR/D Super Sylph.

The box has a magnetic flip cover.

The model is as beautiful as the preproduction photos. The paint job is perfect and it has very fine panel lines... except the nose is missing the Yukikaze symbol. All other markings are present, no step, walkway, Ejection Seat warning, pilot names, SAF 503.

The aircraft is showroom floor clean, no weathering.

The larger antenna on the bottom is removable.

Landing gear is lowered by parts replacement similar to Dragon Models.

Ordinance is mounted on rails and the missiles do not look removable from their respective launchers.

Two detailed pilots in a sealed cockpit. The canopy does not appear to open.

The only thing other than the lack of Yukikaze on the nose is the stand is a light purple.

Very nice "pre-painted model" for the truly lazy.