Macross Ace

Ganbare

Just standard Macross F fan service B))

Well yes, MF had more fanservice than previous series, but it was mostly jostling boobs here & there. It hinted at panties & upskirt views, but it never explicitly went there. Not complaining, per se, just a little surprised.

Has anyone found an affordable online vendor for Macross Ace?

No local book stores carry it, and Amazon.jp asks 3800yen shipping for a 500 yen manga...I don't mind paying for shipping but a 800% fee is a bit much.

My question is: where can I order this?? HMV seems to be down for some reason, and Amazon.co.jp wants over $35 USD just to ship it. Yikes.

I am really no help in this but I went with Amazon Japan and yes the shipping is just out there. I Just couldn't think of anyone else carrying this magazine I did think someone on ebay might carry it but I don't know if It would be that much cheaper and I didn't want to take a chance at not getting the mag.

It's Ozma. He's battling some elderly Zentradi with the power of song....

but their hearing has gone, so they shoot him anyway and he dies. Luca too.

I must say, apart from Macross The First (or even more than that), I actually enjoyed the Macross Seventh Code manga. It's a jokey side-story to Mac7, with a feverish classical piano-playing little girl. Her father was in a death metal band or something and had forbidden her to play any music other than the standards.

Spoiler:

Max hints at the next episode maybe having a modified VF-9 with a built-in grand piano..?

Sniff. Sniff.

Beautiful Minmey pictures. Beautiful enough to make me prefer her to Misa...

Funny Ranka, Klan, Ozma and everybody pictures...

Sniff...

And I can't have it :(

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Pete Mr. Lingerie

It's Ozma. He's battling some elderly Zentradi with the power of song....

but their hearing has gone, so they shoot him anyway and he dies. Luca too.

I must say, apart from Macross The First (or even more than that), I actually enjoyed the Macross Seventh Code manga. It's a jokey side-story to Mac7, with a feverish classical piano-playing little girl. Her father was in a death metal band or something and had forbidden her to play any music other than the standards.

Spoiler:

Max hints at the next episode maybe having a modified VF-9 with a built-in grand piano..?

LOL. Poor guy. Couldn't even show those

deaf Zentradi

his BURNING LOVE HEART!!!!!...

Yeah, looks like Luca's pretending to be Gamlin. I took a second and photoshopped the 25 a little... but I'm hesitant to attach it, because it might ruin it for people. :unsure:

Dude unless its an image we would claw our eyes out. Like that MF fanart that I deleted from my memory, don't ask.

Shops are fine.

Dude unless its an image we would claw our eyes out. Like that MF fanart that I deleted from my memory, don't ask.

Shops are fine.

OK, you asked for it....

BOMBAA!

Edit - pushed it a little farther b/c my boss left...

post-2681-1233178923_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kelsain

A little bit of news: The kanji for Alto's name has been revealed. It is 早乙女有人。

It was in an ad page of the magazine... Could be a typo, though, because I've only ever seen it in Katakana. Guess I'll put this in the news thread since that has been a bit of a desert lately...

EDIT - To make things clear, his surname's kanji was always known, it's the "ALTO/ARUTO" part that is the actual news.

Edited by Renato

Ok, so Macross Ace came in the mail today (that was fast, I didn't expect it to get here so soon). Macross the First was easily my favorite comic in the magazine, I loved it and seeing Mikimoto drawing my favorite characters again. I like the little updates Mikimoto did to some some of the uniforms, but I wonder if Mikimoto will use the movie jumpsuit or something closer to the tv series uniforms for pilots.

replace the black piping with yellow and it would be perfect ;)

I just kind of hacked it together between typesetting some forms. Now that I look at it a little more casually, VF-25 Fire Valkyrie doesn't look too bad. Still prefer the regular S variant in my avatar, though.

If anyone wants to shoot me a cleaner scan, I could do a much better composite.

I got mine at Kinokuniya today (they had it in stock). $9.00 wasn't too bad for it. Overall, it's a great publication. While I do agree about the ads (being too many), Macross the First seems really cool. And oh yeah, Minmay is absolutely HOT!!! Question for those who are going to be getting this, will there be a translation team? If I could, I'd be willing to help. I'm gonna see if there's any software available to type in the characters and get one, but someone who can translate (or a group) would be awesome. I'll make books of these if that's the case.

I got mine at Kinokuniya today (they had it in stock). $9.00 wasn't too bad for it. Overall, it's a great publication. While I do agree about the ads (being too many), Macross the First seems really cool. And oh yeah, Minmay is absolutely HOT!!! Question for those who are going to be getting this, will there be a translation team? If I could, I'd be willing to help. I'm gonna see if there's any software available to type in the characters and get one, but someone who can translate (or a group) would be awesome. I'll make books of these if that's the case.

I really want to tackle at least Macross the First, if not all the comics. Currently, I've been working with boinger to make nice subs for the remastered SDFM (I'm working on synthesizing the best of the ADV and AnimEigo translation jobs into a nice, clear translation...boinger's doing all the hard work), and I noticed while reading First today (I was also at Kinokuniya L.A., picking it up) that A LOT of the narration and dialogue is exactly the same as the show.

In other words, I have translations of more than half of the comic already in text form...seems like it wouldn't be too much of a leap to do the rest.

It won't be real soon, because the subs are my first priority at the moment, but I'd like to do a translation before the second issue is out.

Picked up a copy of Macross Ace- of-Spades, which is neither ace nor in spades unfortunately.

I really wish Macross would do more interesting side stories. Instead of a tired old retread of SDF, how about pulling a Back to the Future 2 and telling the unseen stories of other charactersa during that time.

If this had been for an American property, i'm sure they would take it in a more interesting direction (a la Gotham Knights etc).

Picked up a copy of Macross Ace- of-Spades, which is neither ace nor in spades unfortunately.

I really wish Macross would do more interesting side stories. Instead of a tired old retread of SDF, how about pulling a Back to the Future 2 and telling the unseen stories of other charactersa during that time.

If this had been for an American property, i'm sure they would take it in a more interesting direction (a la Gotham Knights etc).

The only thing I can hope for is that they add more manga stories as the issues go on. I do like Macross the First, and although the story is a retelling, the artwork isn't, and it's great art. I thought there was a bit too much Frontier manga in there, but then again, it's the time for Macross Frontier. I would've liked to see more side stories as well, something like Macross M3 videogame, and the missions of Max and Milia, or even the story of the Megaroad 1. Who knows.

I agree about the new artwork for Macross First being very good but we've had SDF, it's reimaginign DYRL. I could have done without another telling of the story.

As for the rest of the mag, Frontier was already a parody of itself. None of these throw-away side stories are needed.

I haven't really had a chance to go through the magazine in-depth yet, but so far...well, there's a lot of room for improvement, but it seems to be off to a good start.

I kind of hope Macross the First doesn't get rushed...I want it to take its time telling the story. I also think it's interesting that the whole story seems to be Minmay's flashback (and then Global has a flashback-within-a-flashback...oooh! Avant garde!)

It still bothers me that Hayato Aoki is the "Frontier go-to guy," because I don't think he really has a visual grasp on either the characters or the mecha...but his art style works pretty well for the more comedic story here (

And I loved it when Luca died, and Alto shouted "LUCAZAKIIIII!!!"

).

"Secret Visions" I haven't read yet, so I can't really comment. Ditto "Macross 7th Chord." Although I've looked through the latter, and I hope it ties into the series more in future installments.

Me, I want "The Adventures of Young Isamu" or "The Biography of Dr. Mao," or something about the period between SDFM and Plus.

If they do the story of the Megaroad or some kind of Space War I destroid-pilot side story, that could kill it for me, so I really hope they leave well enough alone there.

If Bandai is handling the MacF portion they could easily throw in lots of side stories ala Gundam and make the chance to sell lots and lots of model kits and toys at the same time, so I think your wishes may be fulfilled!

If Bandai is handling the MacF portion they could easily throw in lots of side stories ala Gundam and make the chance to sell lots and lots of model kits and toys at the same time, so I think your wishes may be fulfilled!

I don't doubt they WILL do more side stories. I DOUBT that the quality will be up to much. It's all going to be inconsequntial, throw-away fare.

Awmygawd, no! You were just kidding, right?

Besides, Mikimoto doing the official Macross TV adaptation is one of my dreams fulfilled and the best thing that could happen to the Macross franchise.

A question for those of you who own the comic: is Mikimoto also writing Macross The First or is there another writer?

Awmygawd, no! You were just kidding, right?

I mean that they would do stories that feel a little weightier than what's on offer here. And I meant the idea of an anthology that expands the universe than one that creates mininon-canonical parodies with no weight.