Bleach Discussion Thread

grss1982

Nothing wrong with Di Gi Charat.

369168[/snapback]

If your in the mood for nonsense, there is nothing wrong with it at all...in fact I'd rather watch it instead of the current arc in Bleach...looks like we are getting an hour's worth of it in 68...

Digi-Charat

What is this...

370269[/snapback]

DiGi Charat-nyo!

A series originally lasting like 10 minutes an episode-nyo!

About 20 or so episodes-nyo!

About some alien princess and her friend landing in Tokyo and moving into a comic store's attic-nyo!

If your annoyed with my nyo's dont watch the series-nyo!

dg_dejiko063.jpg

Digi-Charat

What is this...

370269[/snapback]

DiGi Charat-nyo!

A series originally lasting like 10 minutes an episode-nyo!

About 20 or so episodes-nyo!

About some alien princess and her friend landing in Tokyo and moving into a comic store's attic-nyo!

If your annoyed with my nyo's dont watch the series-nyo!

dg_dejiko063.jpg

370316[/snapback]

Please provide me a link-nyo.

I'm looking forward to any other anime series to keep me from total boredom-nyo.

What? Did you say the unthinkable... Buy anime? nah, must have just been the wind. Oh wait.

So... no episode 68 huh? I've been watching animesuki like a hawk for the past hour, since they release at around this time. But if indeed it's a 40 minute special, then I wonder why so soon? We already had one to conclude the SS arc.

Edited by Spatula

5 minutes? Didn't remember them being so short-nyo

Yeah its been licensed for about 2 years, don't know where you live but here in Miami there is an anime store that sells fan subs for real cheap. Least it wont cost ya $30.

Back on topic-nyo!

Nothing this morning when I looked too, perhaps 68 is a special Valentine's episode??? :unsure:

don't you guys ever check baka-updates? they had a fansub out since last night...altho, i don't really like Dattebayo's subs...saw one of their subs and yeah, i felt like i might as well have been watching the raw... i like bleach society's or lunar's...altho, lunar is about 4 episodes behind <_<

IT DOES! And it wraps it up quite nicely, as a matter of fact. Finally we see some good old friends back, but then it looks like another small filler arc. Hopefully this one takes about another 5-6 episodes to wrap up to 75, then the AIZEN arc beings! WOOT!

I wouldn't mind another episode or two with the sisters and the kids from the shop.  Those were fun fillers.

370786[/snapback]

The Spirits Are Always With You! BWAHAHAHA!

370843[/snapback]

You said it!! BWAHAHAHAHA!

Ok, well I guess the filler arc wasn't so bad in the end thanks to Urahara's involvement and purpose...the mystery behind the ending credit dolls I guess is now solved too lol!

The Bound are at least a little more acceptable as a filler, probably worth more then 5 episodes. I liked the summoned demon that chick used. And that other guy was creepy.

So Ichigo lost his ability to use Bankai...that leads me to believe that the Bankai we saw in SS is probably not his true Bankai...which means more ass whoopins in the future.

Great ending with Rukia making an appearance, I wonder if she got all her powers back?

So no one saw ep 70? Or are you all hating the Bound arc that much? LOL At least Rukia is back! Little confused as to why SS didn't send her back without the information they have gathered on the Bound, or is it Bount? Seen it spelled both ways.

Yeah I saw it, 70 that is. Actually this bound/t thing really isn't that bleachy anymore. I mean, when was the last time we saw a good Shinigami vs Hollow fight? I miss that now. It's like the Hollows don't really play a big part anymore? Perhaps Aizen is controlling them and he's holding onto them to horde at all one go.

…I just recently got into Bleach (after hearing non-stop about it from friends) and up until episode 31 (The Resolution to Kill) I loved the series. Then episode 32 (Stars and The Stray) comes along and almost completely KILLED the entire anime for me!!! What really pissed me off was when Abarai Renji started talking about the 78th district in Rukongai; that it is the lowest of the lows out of all the districts, and that there’s thievery and murder there. Why would there be murder and thievery in Soul Society?! I thought Soul Society was a place where all the good people end up and live happily! I guess you could say the inconsistency there is what really ticked me off! I can deal with minor inconsistencies, but I don’t think this one is minor at all, seeing how it involved character development and the likes. Am I the only one bothered by this? After he mentioned the murder and thievery I just couldn’t get into the rest of the episode, couldn’t connect at all.

…More over, I went and watch episode 33 (Miracle! The Mysterious New Hero) pretty annoyed. So I skimmed through most of the episode till I was about 18 mins and 30 seconds into it; the part where Kurosaki Yuzu has the flash back of meeting the cat, Raku, for the first time. I must say, when I got to that part I was truly touched and sad for Yuzu, for how she felt and what Raku did for Yuzu, despite what had happened. For lack of better words, one could say I connected there with the character and situation. That whole scene blew me away, after having been disappointed with the previous episode.

Also, why the hell is Tsumugiya Ururu always so sad looking? …I’ve only seen up to episode 33…are there going to be anymore inconsistencies in the future episodes, like in episode 32? Sorry, but I just had to rant/vent all of this…. Thanks for any feedback regarding my thoughts and questions!

Edited by Oihan

Yeah, episode 32 makes you go "WTF :blink:" . I guess you can pass Rukongai as being an in between zone, a purgatori of sorts. Also, if Quincys (or whatever), can destroy souls in the real world, maybe in Rukongai if you "die" again, it's your soul that dies (seing as there are only souls there).

There aren't any more big "WTF's" after that (I think). When the anime follows the manga it's good (the recent filler episodes have been boring).

…I just recently got into Bleach (after hearing non-stop about it from friends) and up until episode 31 (The Resolution to Kill) I loved the series.  Then episode 32 (Stars and The Stray) comes along and almost completely KILLED the entire anime for me!!!  What really pissed me off was when Abarai Renji started talking about the 78th district in Rukongai; that it is the lowest of the lows out of all the districts, and that there’s thievery and murder there.  Why would there be murder and thievery in Soul Society?!  I thought Soul Society was a place where all the good people end up and live happily!  I guess you could say the inconsistency there is what really ticked me off!  I can deal with minor inconsistencies, but I don’t think this one is minor at all, seeing how it involved character development and the likes.  Am I the only one bothered by this?  After he mentioned the murder and thievery I just couldn’t get into the rest of the episode, couldn’t connect at all.

377614[/snapback]

I don't recall it being said that the Soul Society was supposed to be some sort of paradise. In fact, in most religions outside of Christianity and Islam, the afterlife isn't all that great even for the good people. It didn't bother me at all that the one in the show is that way as well.

…I just recently got into Bleach (after hearing non-stop about it from friends) and up until episode 31 (The Resolution to Kill) I loved the series.  Then episode 32 (Stars and The Stray) comes along and almost completely KILLED the entire anime for me!!!  What really pissed me off was when Abarai Renji started talking about the 78th district in Rukongai; that it is the lowest of the lows out of all the districts, and that there’s thievery and murder there.  Why would there be murder and thievery in Soul Society?!  I thought Soul Society was a place where all the good people end up and live happily!  I guess you could say the inconsistency there is what really ticked me off!  I can deal with minor inconsistencies, but I don’t think this one is minor at all, seeing how it involved character development and the likes.  Am I the only one bothered by this?  After he mentioned the murder and thievery I just couldn’t get into the rest of the episode, couldn’t connect at all.

377614[/snapback]

Soul Society is not the Heaven we in the West see it as, nor would I go as far as calling it Purgatory either. Just think to the movie Spirited Away...the After-Life is just that...lol another life! Thats the way I look at it at least. Seems like a bum rap for people to have a crappy life on Earth and a crappy one after, but hey they all seem happy anyways...

Anyone got ep 71 yet?

Well, I figured with there being a Hell that Heaven/Soul Society would be much more pleasent. I forget which episode it was but I remember there was a guy who was sent to Hell rather than Soul Society. Just bothers me that the murders would be in Soul Society rather than Hell. I can deal with Soul Society not being a grand and rich place everywhere up there, where some live in...say a split level place...but at least there'd be peace and happiness, not murder. Anyway, thanks again for the replies.

Okay, I'm a little confused here. I've gotten to episode 64 and what confuses me is episode 61 or 62 where Captain Aizen mentions heaven and taking throne there. Does this mean Soul Society isn't "Heaven"?

Remember what I said about looking at this series as a Westerner?

You'll never get it like that. I think bsu mentioned that in the manga this thing about SS and "True Heaven" isn't mentioned.

To answer your question, no SS is not what we in the West would consider "Heaven".

I watched ep 71 this morning, my verdict: Bleh <_< I know its a filler arc but damnit...Renji is more bad ass then they are portraying him to be!

Edited by Zor Primus

Finally got to watch episode 71.... I didn't think it was all that bad. We got to learn some potential important information. I haven't read the Manga.... Does Ishida ever get his powers back in the Manga?