All the prototypes have been painted flat. The any release since the 30 has been flat.

The VF-27 and Rod YF-29 were glossy though :0

But yeah, any actually new chassis since the YF-30 have been matte which has been great. Way more premium feel

The VF-27 and Rod YF-29 were glossy though :0

But yeah, any actually new chassis since the YF-30 have been matte which has been great. Way more premium feel

... I knew I should have changed my response to all new molds since the 30 have been matte.

Guest davidwhangchoi

hey does the popularity list exist for the SV-262? if not then it should! @davidwhangchoi.. if you or someone else starts it then I cast my vote for the CF variant! :p

Also there should be a list of how many of what we intend to buy! here's my cart! 3x 31A, 3x CF-262 and 1x CF-171! :D

w0w0bWH.gif

spanner, embarrassingly, i didn't even know there's different types for the 262 :p

Edited by davidwhangchoi

After getting a closer look at the heads, I would like to change my vote to Delta 04. Delta 02 is a close second, but I am not fond of the back decal.

Also, from those photos it looks like the Gerwalk joint (upper thigh) is opened slightly in Battroid mode? Seeing that small gap on a figure would make me think the joint had loosened.

what new valks came after the yf-30 that were matte? If the whole new line for delta is matte. I will be most pleased...

what new valks came after the yf-30 that were matte? If the whole new line for delta is matte. I will be most pleased...

nevermind, the vf-19, thats right

Also, from those photos it looks like the Gerwalk joint (upper thigh) is opened slightly in Battroid mode? Seeing that small gap on a figure would make me think the joint had loosened.

Canon or not (I think it is for some) I always do "one click" of the GERWALK thigh joint in battroid mode, on every valk.

booyah!

incoming ep 6!

post-15116-0-81824000-1462118129_thumb.jpg

post-15116-0-99292200-1462118139_thumb.jpg

post-15116-0-67611000-1462118153_thumb.jpg

M7 sound force???

There is hope yet for that weaponds pod on the 31! Bring on the add on parts! :p

the raw aint that high quality yet, so perhaps there will be more high quality snaps...

Edited by seti88

booyah!

incoming ep 6!

attachicon.gifvf-31_addon.jpg

attachicon.gifvf-31_addon1.jpg

attachicon.gifvf-31_addon2.jpg

M7 sound force???

There is hope yet for that weaponds pod on the 31! Bring on the add on parts! :p

the raw aint that high quality yet, so perhaps there will be more high quality snaps...

giphy.gif

Both the SV-262 and the VF-31 displayed at the Akiba Showroom, Check out the "Macross figures" thread in a while as I will post better pics of the Freya figure:

post-458-0-93262100-1462281791_thumb.jpg

post-458-0-47470700-1462281813_thumb.jpg

post-458-0-97797100-1462281847_thumb.jpg

Why is it that the 262 looks completely ready to hit the market, while they keep displaying that unfinished 31 prototype? I'm not even sure the 31 battroid is finished, it looks like some of the main joints are molded together still.

Right!

Based on how active these threads are I'd say more people are excited for the 262 than the 31.

*not me, I love the 31 and would love to see some new/different/pics of an updated prototype or test copy

-b.

Both the SV-262 and the VF-31 displayed at the Akiba Showroom, Check out the "Macross figures" thread in a while as I will post better pics of the Freya figure:

fighter mode is so cool

fighter mode is so cool

If you mean the -31, then I completely agree. The -262 looks lovely for what it is, but I've never cared for the Saab 35 design, so it's personal bias. I didn't get a copy of the YF-30, so I'm definitely down for at least one of these, preferably the F. (love those colors and the back art). I just hope the final DX has slightly wider forearms with a slight taper to the wrist, per the lineart we've seen. The 2x4 arms on the model just detract from an otherwise nice looking battroid. Anyway, I hope the forearms are fixed, and I can snag an F and an E model.

If you mean the -31, then I completely agree. The -262 looks lovely for what it is, but I've never cared for the Saab 35 design, so it's personal bias. I didn't get a copy of the YF-30, so I'm definitely down for at least one of these, preferably the F. (love those colors and the back art). I just hope the final DX has slightly wider forearms with a slight taper to the wrist, per the lineart we've seen. The 2x4 arms on the model just detract from an otherwise nice looking battroid. Anyway, I hope the forearms are fixed, and I can snag an F and an E model.

yup i meant the 31!

Why is it that the 262 looks completely ready to hit the market, while they keep displaying that unfinished 31 prototype? I'm not even sure the 31 battroid is finished, it looks like some of the main joints are molded together still.

My thoughts exactly. I was looking for any/all signs of an unfinished prototype and aside from some less than smooth paint apps on a few places, the 262 looks ready to start shipping to me. Very odd that the 31 is actually the one that doesn't appear to be ready yet.

Tough to choose on all the VF-31 colorways, but will pick up an F and J for sure...I don't like the color scheme of the S, as it reminds me of the putrid Seattle Sonics uniforms from the mid-90s. Though, I strangely still want one b/c of the head shape. After getting ran through ringer on the Frontier valks, I found myself selling off all of them save for an Alto and Ozma. I say that I won't buy all of them, and I am going to really try not to, but I am sure I am speaking to most that we all know how that story goes...

The inevitable option part, dress up game is what gets me every time!

Best part about Delta is...they got valks for days in this show.

For me personally the excitement level is pretty much equal between both 31 & 262 as each have unique qualities that make them special in their own right! ^_^

Yeah, no need to decide. Buy both :p

It is just a matter of securing PO for the toy, even if the toy itself is not popular, the hoarding practices really makes it hard to get a PO.

Yeah, no need to decide. Buy both :p

It is just a matter of securing PO for the toy, even if the toy itself is not popular, the hoarding practices really makes it hard to get a PO.

From start to finish I resemble this comment.

:ph34r:

-b.