What's lying on your workbench? MKII

TSP

Since there is a backlog of stuff, I wasted no time in getting the next model finished. Here is another item hot off the workbench. ^_^

This is Bandai's 1/100 Commander Type Glaug tactical pod (25th Macross Anniversary Edition). The paint scheme is more in tune with box artwork or the TV version. Therefore, not all the decals that came with the kit were applied, like the bright yellows, whites and the blue/white Zentradi logos. Slight weathering was applied for detailling effects.

A Revoltech Regult was included for scale comparision.

post-7534-1218318859_thumb.jpegpost-7534-1218318873_thumb.jpeg

post-7534-1218318850_thumb.jpeg

Additional photos are in the Photo Gallery.

Next up....custom W.H.A.M 1/5000 Macross SDF-1, TV edition. :lol:

I haven't really put a WIP thread together. As for Hikaru & Co, I am looking forwards to seeing what Bandai will do for their VF-25, and then I might see if I can put a set together, as it's not worth casting up only a couple of little pilots at time.

Wow! Lots of great work has been added to this thread recently. Keep it up everybody!

Petar, that scout trooper is amazing. Will that be getting cast for general availability anytime soon?

What am I building.... well if it'd been in Macross it's have been the Monster.

As it is, it's a 17cm tank/self-propelled cannon.

post-2651-1218491740_thumb.jpg

Great work Petar! At last, some crazy micro modeling I can relate too! If you squash mold that, some glass filler or epoxy resin might keep it from drooping over the years. Then again, it may just be light enough for it's size! Keep us updated! - MT

It is easy actually you just have to get good references and pick a place to start. Once you start getting enhancements out of the way the rest becomes easier.

Nice start. Did you create the weld line in the middle of the hull, right hand side?

Right now, I'm working on two kits at once. The Jedi Starfighter (from Star Wars Epsiode 3), and Trumpeter's new 1:32 Bearcat.

Even though the Bearcat is in 1:32, it's not a very big plane to start out with... But damn it's a beautiful kit!

Right now, I'm working on two kits at once. The Jedi Starfighter (from Star Wars Epsiode 3).....

The very same kit thats just had paint and future and is awaiting panel lining and dirtying up on my bench.

The very same kit thats just had paint and future and is awaiting panel lining and dirtying up on my bench.

I'm actually finding that the kit is quite fun. I'm not even making the cockpit movie accurate, just using a basic light grey for the metal, blacks, red-brown (for what I think are leather pads), some red, yellow, and metallic colours. Surprisingly, it looks pretty good.

Gunny - I'm jealous of your paint collection (especially since most of mine are old and crusty). What paint rack system is that you're using? I'm thinking of dropping down money for most of Tamiya's paints and racking them for easy ID. - MT

Gunny - I'm jealous of your paint collection (especially since most of mine are old and crusty). What paint rack system is that you're using? I'm thinking of dropping down money for most of Tamiya's paints and racking them for easy ID. - MT

My dad made me a rack. Just used a jar I had lying around. It held about 2 dozen jars pretty nicely. I've since expanded it out using a small bookshelf that sits below my workbench so I can just look down and see the paints.

But I should organize my paints. I think I have close to 100 jars by now...

Nice start. Did you create the weld line in the middle of the hull, right hand side?

Yes i did and theres a matching one on the other side. Theres also 2 welds near the nose on each side as well. These are most prominent on the vehicle. Most of the other welds look like they were ground down and smoothed before paint. This is unusual for an AFV a russian one especially.

Why thanks. Here's the rest :o

The racks come this mob: Miniature Scenery

They're not on my workbench anymore, but rather they've lept off the launch pad. I launced two model rockets today. The classic Alpha (took about an hour to build), and the Menance (a cruise missle lookalike). The Alpha I didn't photograph, because I wanted to watch it. It went pretty high... I couldn't even see it when it hit it's maximum height. I used a C6 motor on it, and I managed to get it back ok... after much hunting through the brush of course.

The Menance, I phtographed. It's now in a tree. Great launch, but silly tree got in the way of a touch down. I'm gonna have to wait for the wind to blow a bit to knock it out of the pine tree.

post-122-1218722053_thumb.jpg

Blast off!

post-122-1218722066_thumb.jpg

Main chute deployed OK!

I'm actually finding that the kit is quite fun. I'm not even making the cockpit movie accurate, just using a basic light grey for the metal, blacks, red-brown (for what I think are leather pads), some red, yellow, and metallic colours. Surprisingly, it looks pretty good.

I posted mine on here some time back when I started it back then the pit was the only bit I did.

Tried to get it movie accurate but gave up and did a bit of artistic licence due to the low ammount of shots I could screen grab of the insides in the film.

Edited by big F

Yes i did and theres a matching one on the other side. Theres also 2 welds near the nose on each side as well. These are most prominent on the vehicle. Most of the other welds look like they were ground down and smoothed before paint. This is unusual for an AFV a russian one especially.

Well it looks great. :) How did you do it? A run of glue? Warm soldering iron? I'd like to give it a try on my next 1/12 bike kit.

Here's the cockpit of my Jedi Starfighter. I still have a few touchups left to do on it. Like I said, extreme artistic liscence, but I was trying to go with a plausible colour pallete, but I wanted some colour in the cockpit, rather than just the standard grey and black, hence the green (O2 bottles), yellow, gold, red...

post-122-1218765235_thumb.jpg

PS: I managed to get my rocket out of the tree. Duct tape, a ladder, and some poles worked wonders. No damage to the rocket!

Edited by VF-19

Well it looks great. :) How did you do it? A run of glue? Warm soldering iron? I'd like to give it a try on my next 1/12 bike kit.

Even easier

Stretched sprue glued on with liquid cement. Let it dry for a bit. Then while the sprue is still soft press into it over and over again with the back side of an exacto.

Another one off the assembly line...

Here's some better photos of the custom W.H.A.M. 1/5000 scale Macross SDF-1 TV Version. It is painted with the deep blue and white trim seen in the original TV show. It has the Daedalus and Prometheus attached instead of the ARMD-01 and -02.

Since the IMAI Storm Attacker Macross SDF-1 has limited movements of the arms and legs, it lacked any poseability for display. The Wave High Advance Model's SDF-1 is the natural choice as the basis for a more poseable TV version. By combining the Daedalus and Prometheus from the IMAI kit with minimum modification, the W.H.A.M Macross has now a more original look. :lol:

post-7534-1218869167_thumb.jpegpost-7534-1218869181_thumb.jpeg

post-7534-1218869208_thumb.jpeg

And an re-enactment of a scene from Macross:SDF Episode 06, Daedalus Attack. ^_^

post-7534-1218869223_thumb.jpeg