Playstation 3 Thread Round 3

Gaijin

Has anyone gotten the Macross Frontier MKV (HD) files to play with subtitles on the PS3?

I've used mvk2vob to convert the MKV files to MPG files which are readable by the PS3 - however the subtitles don't come through. I think there is an option to get external subs on a file and merge them, however, I've gotten the Macross Frontier episodes dating back to the first one from numerous various subbers, so I can't really get the external sub files to a lot of the older episodes.

I am hoping that there's another program that will covert the MKV files using the embedded subs to something that a PS3 can read. Any ideas?

Anyone looking for SOCOM beta codes? I have one, maybe two to give away.

Please PM me if you still do have them. Thank you.

Picked up a PS3 eye yesterday mostly for my daughter to play the motion games. it's nice.

Thanks,

I'll try the Xvid4PSP - downloading now. It would be nice to support native HD and not re-encode the video file like MKV2VOB (potential loss of quality?)

I'm PC base, thanks for the Mac tip though, nice to know our "cooler" brothers have a source of anime too!

It would be great for this to work, I'd much rather see MF on my HD Projector with a 100" screen than my puny 24" monitors.

I download stuff from lunar, which is xvid I believe, and I use PS3 Video 9 to convert them to .avi and make them HD in size so they are full screen on my PS3, it increases the size of the file to around 600mb, but it looks nice and plays real smooth on my PS3 even reading them off of DVD Data Disks.

Twich

I've used MKV2VOB.. I don't think there is a loss in quality.. or at least for the sound. I converted one of the new Hokuto No Ken movies to an MPEG-2 file and the sound is still Dolby Digital 5.1. Video looked good since it was a DVD rip.

Usually though I just convert my files to Divx. The official Divx software doesn't support MKV though.

I couldn't get subs to work with Divx on the PS3 so I also use Platinum DVD Ripper. That program will make MP4/AVC files with burned in subtitles. Works for the PSP and Ipod Touch too.

Both of these programs are out there for free...if you know where to look.. :ph34r:

Edited by dejr8bud

Something to keep in mind, the new 80GB's are using a smaller manufacturing process, its either 45nm or 65nm, I haven't been able to find solid info on that. Anywho, it'll draw less juice and produce less heat than any of the earlier models.

Funny that their even trying to reduce the heat more. My 60gb doesn't heat up at all. I read somewhere that the original 60gb was tested running it in a 120 degree room for 72 hours without malfunction.

Anyone looking for SOCOM beta codes? I have one, maybe two to give away.

second patch just announced....

SOCOM: Confrontation Public Beta Update

Posted by Seth Luisi

Thank you all for participating in the SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation Public Beta. We know that it has not gone as smoothly as we would all like, but I want to assure you that we are working on the issues. Please remember, the main purpose of the Public Beta was to identify just these types of issues before the game is launched.

We are working on and testing another patch right now. For this patch, the focus is to resolve the following issues:

Abnormally long network synchronization issues when some users in a game have a poor network connection. This issue causes 4-7 minute (or longer) load times when late joining a game.

An issue where respawn game late joiners were sometimes stuck in spectator mode and could not respawn into the game.

Remove the latency detection network test which is causing some users with poor network connections to receive the network latency icon (red X).

We will announce when the new patch will be released once we've verified the fixes and it has passed our QA.

Regards,

SOCOM: Confrontation Online Team

So how are you likeing confrontation Gaijin?

second patch just announced....

So how are you likeing confrontation Gaijin?

I tried it out last night (have not played socom since the socom III beta) it was fun but no CODIV. still i'm liking this.

thanks again Gajin

I played the original SOCOM at a friends house, we formed a small clan it grew when S2 began then we merged with one of our members brothers clan the Kontract Killaz (yeah the names a little ghetto). That was a few years back we've grown over the years and are @ 40+ members. My clan is pretty excited about SOCOM C. Slant Six and Zipper definately have some issues to resolve before launch but I think this is what the fans wanted.

We usually play on US East 1 or the next avail. server. I added my PSN to my sig ^^

Wipeout HD only 20.00 and due on Sept. 25th.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/09/15/...riced/#comments

* Full HD Visuals

* 5 Game Modes - Single Race, Tournament, Time Trial, Speed Lap and Zone Mode

* Online play that supports up to 8 racers competing on a track at a time

* 2-player split screen (horizontally and vertically) offline

* 8 reversible tracks and 12 teams

* Optional use of SIXAXIS motion controls to steer your ship

* A great soundtrack remixed in Dolby 5.1 AND the option for custom playlists that allow you to race to whatever playlists you have on your HDD

* And more, including Trophy support, which we’ll outline for you in a future post - so keep your eyes peeled.

Wipeout HD only 20.00 and due on Sept. 25th.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/09/15/...riced/#comments

Finally! Although, September is getting expensive... and mostly on downloads. This, Castle Crashers, Megaman 9, and Ratchet & Clank for me. I can't complain, though. That's four great games for a lot less than the two disc-games I'm buying this month (Rock Band 2 and Force Unleashed).

Factor in some downloadable content for Rock Band, though, and it's definitely an expensive month.

Looks like Star Wars Force Unleashed is a flop. Barely getting average ratings.

Its only a flop if it doesn't sell. I dunno, every review I've read made it sound like the Jedi Knight II games, without blasters. Actually, probably reminds me most of the reaction to ZOE. It has all the parts, but doesn't quite put it all together. And the reviews I've read seem to not only expect a sequel, but expect it to fulfill the promise of the original, which again reminds of of ZOE, as The 2nd Runner was a fantastic game. Still, I've played the hell out of JK Outcast and Academy, and expect to do the same with TFU. But I've got a few weeks to go before I get to play it.

Played the demo and actually got bored after I trashed the hanger deck. Not even touching the game again. I'm actually quite sick of all these Jedi training, apprentice force etc games. Give me a good X-Wing vs Tie Fighter update and I'm golden.

Nah, see, I'm all about those games. I LOVE hitting stuff with a lightsaber and tossing around Force powers. If the story is even decent, the gameplay will be more than enough for me. Hell, I went through Jedi Academy probably 20 times.

Nah, see, I'm all about those games. I LOVE hitting stuff with a lightsaber and tossing around Force powers. If the story is even decent, the gameplay will be more than enough for me. Hell, I went through Jedi Academy probably 20 times.

If this game is somewhat like Jedi Academy, I'd probably like it too. I played JA and JOII a few times myself. I picked up Force Unleashed today, and am just waiting to get home to play.

Got TFU from TRU (and used the $20 card to get one of the CW starfighter toys). Pretty fun. Being Vader on the first round was great... none of those wookies were the least bit threatening, of course.... loved tossing a stormtrooper at them now and then. :D

I'm on the junk planet now when i decided to give it a rest. I didn't finish it in one day, so that's good! An online (even 1 on 1) mode would have gave this thing so much replay value. I'm thinking of the Ep3 game that had the fighting mode on it... JO/JA style multi-player deathmatches could be insane if they gave you the terrain to break around and throw at each other, etc.

Maybe some DLC? Probably not likely given the dev staff were given their walking papers....

An online (even 1 on 1) mode would have gave this thing so much replay value. I'm thinking of the Ep3 game that had the fighting mode on it... JO/JA style multi-player deathmatches could be insane if they gave you the terrain to break around and throw at each other, etc.

You'll be wanting the Wii version, then. Besides multiplayer, I understand it got some additional single player levels as well.

I posted my initial impressions on my blog, but I'll summarize by saying that yes, it has some bugs and other issues, but on the whole I'm finding it very fun. It might not be for everyone, but for 360 and PS3 owners, there's a demo out. If you like the demo, you'll like the game, and if you don't like the demo, well, to each his own.

Im with Mike; its not the greatest game ever, not even the best Str Wars game. But the story seems good, the play is quite fun, the graphics are nice and it runs ok on my PS3 without slowing down (That Ive noticed) so Im happy enough. JK2 and J:A were both good games, though again i dont think they quite nailed it. I dunno what it is about Jedi games that never seems to mesh perfectly for me, but there is always an ingredient missing somewhere...

Oh, and another Xwing/TIE sim would kick so much ass....