DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Hey guys! I have a VF-25F renewal that has really loose hip joints. I mean the ball joints at the hips/jet intake area. So much so that it can no longer stand on its own.

Am I the only one that has this problem? Is it a manufacturing defect/flaw?

What can I do? Nail polish? Scotch tape?

Edited by QEssential

Hey guys! I have a VF-25F renewal that has really loose hip joints. I mean the ball joints at the hips/jet intake area. So much so that it can no longer stand on its own.

I used some silicon rubber on my VF-25's and YF-29. You can check it over the Macross Maintenance thread. Hope tha thelps.

Small rubber washers you buy in the parts drawer at lowes and depot also work well.

• 5 months later...

I'm not sure if I can revive this thread, and it isn't locked yet so I guess I can continue it.

I got late into collecting in general. I do wish that I started early, just so I could have avoided all of the madness that comes with it. I managed to snatch 2 unopened valks from Mandarake (Ozma's and Alto's). However, Ozma's left wing where the SMS roundel goes has a scratched tampo print. Am I stuck with this or can I shoot Bandai an e-mail? I might just end up covering it with Ozma's armor parts but the prices have gone through the roof, and not to mention that they are really hard to find now.

post-31310-0-66080300-1461988269_thumb.jpg

post-31310-0-34560400-1461988274_thumb.jpg

Ozma's weathered SMS roundel

I'm not sure if I can revive this thread, and it isn't locked yet so I guess I can continue it.

I got late into collecting in general. I do wish that I started early, just so I could have avoided all of the madness that comes with it. I managed to snatch 2 unopened valks from Mandarake (Ozma's and Alto's). However, Ozma's left wing where the SMS roundel goes has a scratched tampo print. Am I stuck with this or can I shoot Bandai an e-mail? I might just end up covering it with Ozma's armor parts but the prices have gone through the roof, and not to mention that they are really hard to find now.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Ozma's weathered SMS roundel

Sad to say, yes, you are stuck with it. Even if it's unopened, you didn't purchase it from their direct distributors. And you already bought it from a second-hand stores. Do note that usually they only cater to Japanese customers. Locally in other words. So if you don't live in Japan, there's no chance of getting any support from them 100%. And even if you bought it directly from official distributor, you still have 50/50 chance that you will be entertain for refund/replacement. Best example is the recent recall SWS shoulder part from Alto's YF-29 reissue. Even if Bandai announced their mistake and sending out replacement part, it's still depends on the store if they will send it out to foreign countries. Luckily, for people who bought it from HLJ, there's a chance of getting the replacement. Though we still don't know who's going to shoulder the shipping cost.

Sad to say, yes, you are stuck with it. Even if it's unopened, you didn't purchase it from their direct distributors. And you already bought it from a second-hand stores. Do note that usually they only cater to Japanese customers. Locally in other words. So if you don't live in Japan, there's no chance of getting any support from them 100%. And even if you bought it directly from official distributor, you still have 50/50 chance that you will be entertain for refund/replacement. Best example is the recent recall SWS shoulder part from Alto's YF-29 reissue. Even if Bandai announced their mistake and sending out replacement part, it's still depends on the store if they will send it out to foreign countries. Luckily, for people who bought it from HLJ, there's a chance of getting the replacement. Though we still don't know who's going to shoulder the shipping cost.

Ah I figured as much. So my only choice is to cover it up with armor parts. Now need to camp Manda or Jungle :unsure:

Ah I figured as much. So my only choice is to cover it up with armor parts. Now need to camp Manda or Jungle :unsure:

Good luck then. ;) But do note that it's cheaper instead to get a new Ozma Valk than pay too much for their Armored Parts. Just saying. :)

Edited by no3ljm

So whatever is on the market will be the only thing that is available. Wow, talk about an extreme example of supply and demand.

Basically, yes. Don't worry I also paid premium price for my Alto's Armored Pack 2.5 years ago. But back then it was just a price of one DX Valk. Not two. ;)

Learned my lesson after paying a mark-up for the first YF-29 super parts to always get the web exclusives when they come out, even if I don't have the valkyrie yet. ;)

Most of them are still reasonably priced, but the really high demand items (like Ozma's armor) are gonna cost an arm and a leg. :o

You can still get Ozma super parts *relatively* cheaply (compared to the armor parts) though... 11k yen or thereabouts.

True. But he's aiming for the Armored Parts to cover the blemishes on the SMS logo on the wings. ;)

Learned my lesson after paying a mark-up for the first YF-29 super parts to always get the web exclusives when they come out, even if I don't have the valkyrie yet. ;)

Most of them are still reasonably priced, but the really high demand items (like Ozma's armor) are gonna cost an arm and a leg. :o

Lolicon speaks the truth.

I got into Macross collecting after the Armored parts for Ozma and Alto were released. I only had a VF-25F and RVF-25, but I bought all the released armor sets. I bought Ozma Armored sets (for a relatively cheap price back then) in anticipation or hopes I would get a VF-25S eventually.

With this thread active again i got excited at a vf-25G re-issue but alas...

I hate the way bandai releases super and armor parts. If you don't get them when they are first released you basically can never get them unless you want to pay out of your ass. Bandai could make so much more money if they re-released the vf-25s armour packs.

I'm trying to use FromJapan to get the Armor Parts. Something tells me that I just got into a slippery slope I probably wouldn't recover from :D

Did you bought the $250+ ones? More or less it's $300+/- with fees and shipping?

Did you bought the $250+ ones? More or less it's $300+/- with fees and shipping?

I didn't jump on the 36000Y shipping just yet. In all honesty, that price is definitely more than what I would pay for, but it seems it's the cheapest for an unused one.

I didn't jump on the 36000Y shipping just yet. In all honesty, that price is definitely more than what I would pay for, but it seems it's the cheapest for an unused one.

Looking at that price, I was glad I did scored my Alto's Armored Pack when it was still in the below $200 range. Bandai really should reissue their Armored and Super Parts for the VF-25's.

I think I had my -25 sets for nearly two years before I got my -25 to put them on! Saved a lot of money in the end though.

Got armored set at 18k yen back then. Sold it for quick profit. Biggest regret I had. I have to buy again at 32k yen, fortunately, the yen was at weakest back then so the increase in price was minimal.

While I can get another valk for there price of armor, I am rather please looking at armored ozma that I am fine with it.

Edited by chyll2