Maybe because he's not human? Are human called humans in the Star Wars universe??

Not what I know...

They call the human race from the planet what they come or afiliation.

Like Jango Fett and his (clone) son Boba, are Mandalorian (I don't remember now the name of planet where Jango come, I read in the comic from Dark Horse).

Jango was a Mandalorian by afiliation.

His origin in the comic, his parents are killed by a rogue Mandalorian faction.

And he are "adopted" by the leader of other faction.

Edited by Old_Nash

Just watched the Maul return episode. He was kinda pathetic. Not the guy I remembered. Not a guy who uses the force in any way. I hope they are going somewhere good with this.

I wasn't a big fan of the episode. Not liking Maul being alive.. that said, I hope Obi Wan finishes the job. Perhaps taking out both Maul and Savage. Though I can see Ventress getting involved, then her and Obi Wan defeat them.

Too me it seemed like there was too many cut scenes or scenes showing characters "sensing" something sinister. The whole thing with Anakin and Ahsoka was completely pointless. As was the scene with Ventress having a drink with that bounty hunter.

Also I would assume that Maul is no where near as powerful as he once was, seeing as how he would have about half his midiclorian count... right? That and like 12-13 years of no training with the force... Maybe I am overthinking this, but I would hope Maul in a one on one fight with Obi Wan (who defeated Maul as a Padawan) he would just get his ass kicked handidly this time around.

That said season finale:

Episode 422: Revenge

Savage and Maul, no reunited, pursue Obi-Wan Kenobi in search of revenge, and the Jedi Knight finds himself forced to unite with a surprising ally to defend against the deadly siblings.

Here's a preview of Obi Wan vs. Maul:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/14/star-wars-clone-wars-darth-maul-obi-wan-rematch-video/

Just watched the Maul return episode. He was kinda pathetic. Not the guy I remembered. Not a guy who uses the force in any way. I hope they are going somewhere good with this.

I liked that he was pathetic. He got chopped in half, fell down thousands of feet and even bumped his head on the way down, and then got thrown in the trash. I think that would change a man. lol

Not too shabby of an ep.

Wonder if it was the Jedi who put the bounty on Savage. :ph34r: Wouldn't put it past them.

Got a little smirk when the bounty hunters mispronounced Savage's name. I really hope that's the writers' way of admitting that their pronunciation of Savage's name is stupid and silly.

Definitely enjoyed Maul trash-talking to Obi during their fight.

But Maul still isn't the smartest cookie around. You'd think he'd at least take the time to re-double-blade his old lightsaber before he calls out the Jedi. Or just torture the snot out of Obi (or even bifurcate him as poetic payback) once Obi was knocked out.

In a strange way, I'm kinda glad then didn't just off Maul right away. I'd like to see his interactions with Dooku and Palpatine later on down the line. Will he still be subservient and loyal to Palpy, or is he gonna be pissed that Palps just left him to rot in Naboo?

Looking back at the whole season, it kinda sucks that we only got one arc really centered on the clones.

Edited by Mog

its not like they are bringing vader back or anything..

To address how he lived, maybe one's chance of survival is greater if is force sensitive. It would follow the idea of the force. From a taoist (origin of Jedi) perspective, control of energy around you does heal you.

Wow, this is ages ago to you guys, but started watching the first episodes of season one and it is a GREAT series. Even the GF got pissed when one of those manta rays (flying through the nebula when Annie took the short cut to get to Grievous's ship) clipped and knocked the head off an R2 unit, she yelled "what the, aw man",, I thought she was sleeping, but she's really into it. the kids are glued to it too. Thanks

Yeah, wait till you get to "Landing at point rain" in season 2 One of, if not, the best episode of the series, IMO.

Chris

PS @ GMANIFESS, I'm from Cherry Hill.

Edited by Dobber

Of course Maul is whiny and moody now, as well as crazy and irrational. He lost his nuts, and is essentialy a woman now, makes total sense.

WIN! :lol:

Well I noticing a pattern that at towards the end of each season they introduce a new villian, but really never gets any conclusion in the following season.

Also it's annoying how the mini story arcs appear to not follow each other. As if they all got a seperate timeline within each season.

Other than that it really wasn't a great season, and the appearance of Maul salvaged some fanboy fantasies.

I feel slighted that the previous arc (Obi-Wan in disguise) was twice as long as THE RETURN OF MAUL. Of course, all of next season could be about Maul, but probably not. He and Oppress will probably show up at the end of next season for another 2-parter.

I thought this season was far better than season 3, although still needed more clone-based episodes.

I personally liked the General Krell arc the best, although the episode where they fought on speeder bikes with those cool sidecars that could pivot back 90 degrees against Commando Droids was pretty cool.

Graham

So if one were to summarize this season in a few words, it would be: water fights, Droids "Gump"ing it, Krell, and torture Obi-Wan.

Edited by Mog

So if one were to summarize this season in a few words, it would be: water fights, Droids "Gump"ing it, Krell, and torture Obi-Wan.

Thats like saying Macross is about a space fight.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah me too... surprising and a little disappointing. Sat mornings are usually reserved for they ultra kiddie stuff. Though, I never liked how they treated Grievous in this show like a Saturday morning cartoon villian... I guess now it will be more appropriate. LOL

Eta-2's = Awesome....very excited seeing Onderon getting a nod. Curious to see this planet outside the Knights of the Old Republic comic series.

Seems that Ahsoka and Ventress are going to feud in this season more than ever. And yes, Sidious in action is going to rock.