Macross Robotech Yamato Helmet ... I found the last unit in ebay.

luusama

I believe this is the macross helmet that the Masei moto helmet company might have used as a guide for the make of their Macross real moto helmet.

I bought a helmet from Masei Helmet before. It wa not so bad. Masei Helmet developing that Macross helmet into real motorcycle DOT helmet for riding. I am in their Masei Helmet facebook page.

Edited by luusama

I bought a helmet from Masei Helmet before. It wa not so bad. Masei Helmet developing that Macross helmet into real motorcycle DOT helmet for riding. I am in their Masei Helmet facebook page.

Any word on release dates? Colors?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

As a rider a few question.

1.) What material is the helmet made off?

2.) Replacement visors available?

3.) Can the visor be opened?p

4.) What safety standard certification has the helmet passed, important due to insurance issues in various countries.

00macross_helmet_003.jpg

Ready to release in few months.. Please email us to masei_helmet @ hotmail com for pre-ordering.

Yeah, I dunno... I was expecting something more akin to lineart. I would greatly appreciate some finished pics but this isn't looking like what I was expecting. Maybe it's just me.

Yeah, I dunno... I was expecting something more akin to lineart. I would greatly appreciate some finished pics but this isn't looking like what I was expecting. Maybe it's just me.

It probably isn't for you then. I think they had to take a couple small liberties with it to make it DOT certified, in which I'm totally OK with. The main thing I see that's different (not the only thing but the main thing) is the visor. I'd like to know too, if the visor goes up or not, but IMO, isn't a deal breaker. I have all 3 Yamato replicas, so if I want to look at lineart accurate helmets, I'll defer to those. Still, this looks like what a more realistic helmet would look like. You have to remember that we don't have anime heads, and most of us (I presume), don't have anime hair. For that reason, I can't complain at all. I ordered one, and may order another one in a different color just to have.

Good points Jason. I wasn't expecting lineart true as that would be impossible to deliver in a functional helmet, but this visor looks like one of those classic 70s style visor that is clipped via 3 snaps on the forehead line of the helmet. If that's the case, this visor will not move and you'll be locked into one mode of usage.

I'd like to see more pics inside and out before placing an order. Like you, I'm hopeful that this proves to be a solid item, but I'm somewhat skeptical at this point given what we have to go on. Masei has hit us all up for preorder cash but where are the finished product photos to seal buyer commitment?

As a rider a few question.

1.) What material is the helmet made off?

2.) Replacement visors available?

3.) Can the visor be opened?p

4.) What safety standard certification has the helmet passed, important due to insurance issues in various countries.

This... All this..

I went into my local motor shop, and they have all the brands of helmets there. Various Shoei, BMW, and many other brands comparable, lower and higher ends as well. Since my head usually is in between M and L, I tried on various sizes of various brands, and Between the M and L, the top of my head is the same, but the L leaves too much cheek movement, so Medium is for me. I too, want to see a finished product version, and would like to know those questions. Perhaps someone who preordered can send those questions to them? I think it's just DOT certified, not SNELL or whatever the European equivalent, but I wouldn't necessarily put this on and ride on a freeway or a track. So, maybe #4 is answered. #2 and #3 are important though for everyone, as the visor is an integral part of any helmet.

• 2 weeks later...

I like it. I hope they have plugs for the screws and the holes, and I'd like to see the visor rounded like the Yamato helmet, but aside from those tidbits, it's looking great.