Kurisama's Custom 1/60 Upgrades & Add-ons

Kurisama

Potentials for my next set of Custom Parts;  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Potentials for my next set of 1/60 Custom Parts;

• 1/60 APS-11 Armour for the VF-11
    • 1/60 '21 & '22 New Feet, Ankle and Shin parts to be Anime Accurate + other minor parts
    • 1/60 Queadluun Nona conversion pieces including new back-pack and new head sculpt
    • 1/60 Ghost X-9
    • 1/60 Anime-accurate GU-15 Gunpod for Arcadia YF-19
    • 1/60 Frontier FAST Packs for the Arcadia YF-19
    • Other? Please comment below!

Looks great. I wish there was a way to make this actually close and open with just one piece. The joys of anime magic that I don't miss.

It could if only frost detailled material was used but, you would not be able to transform it back to fighter with it equipped so perhaps this is not so much important to have it articulated?

It could if only frost detailled material was used but, you would not be able to transform it back to fighter with it equipped so perhaps this is not so much important to have it articulated?

He means to have it open and close. Not to transform between modes. It can't close and open because the stuff that pops out is too large.

I wonder what the designer thought when they created that arm weapon. To me it is clearly shown in the animation that the armament comes partly from inside of the forearm. Who would think of something like this. I would thing the arm weapon is used to be equipped on the fly and does only work in Battroid-Mode so it should be something that doesn't require a forearm swap.

I guess the logical explanation is: because it looks cool! ^_^

Awesome work.

NUNS triangle for vf-171 please! Mine exploded during second transformation. The stress between the triangle and the metal hinge of the arm was too much for the plastic. Specially when returning back to fighter mode.

Vf-11 armor would be awesome. And a new heads for the vf-11 would be cool(resembling the vf-1s)

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

NUNS triangle for vf-171 please! Mine exploded during second transformation. The stress between the triangle and the metal hinge of the arm was too much for the plastic. Specially when returning back to fighter mode.

Kurisama - love your work! Is there even the slightest chance for this to come to fruition? I'd even be willing to send you my repaired part if it'd help make this happen. My guess is that Shapeways would have trouble printing enough of these things!

Not really MickyG - I had thought about it and studied my 171 - then weighed against thing I wanna make and potential tolerances that particular piece wouldn't meet - just didn't seem worth it, then I sold my 171s :- /

If someone were to attempt it, they'd be better off trying something closer to the 17's design.

I hear ya. I don't know what the 17's design is like but I'm certainly curious. I'm also wondering if something could be scratch built that would also work. You're right, the part is stupidly complicated and the tolerances are very tight. I'm guessing resin is about the only thing that would be able to capture all the detail in an easy fashion. I doubt very much that it'd be strong enough though. It almost should have been die-cast metal in my opinion. Then again, the EX releases all seem to be fine as far as this part goes.

And yes, I know you sold off your 171 toys. I bought one of them. ;)

It's certainly moving up on my list of things to do!!!

Now, to find my Dou's... Gave them to my son you see, and that'21 will somewhere inside or outside the house...

Cool! That's great to know. No rush though. We have all the time in the world. ^_^

Good to know that you're going to base it using the GN-u Dou's figs. It's the best proportion out there, IMO. Now... find that toy! j/k :lol:

I hear ya. I don't know what the 17's design is like but I'm certainly curious. I'm also wondering if something could be scratch built that would also work. You're right, the part is stupidly complicated and the tolerances are very tight. I'm guessing resin is about the only thing that would be able to capture all the detail in an easy fashion. I doubt very much that it'd be strong enough though. It almost should have been die-cast metal in my opinion. Then again, the EX releases all seem to be fine as far as this part goes.

And yes, I know you sold off your 171 toys. I bought one of them. ;)

I own the Alto version, it doesn't have any issue. I can have a look at this part to be printed in shapeways if Kurisama doesn't mind, but I have no clue where to start? Do we speak of making the "main" triangle that hold the shoulder piece AND the "small" triangle that fold into the chest in Gerwalk/Battroid mode?

If both have to be designed, the "small" one is impossible to print with shapeways. So it should be somewhat articulated with the "main" triangle. I don't have the VF-17, should be interesting to have Kurisama's insights about it!

Is that so? Shapeways recently did a number of changes, not at least of which was cropping the crap out of my pics on each page - wouldn't surprise me if they tweaked their tolerance ranges or randomly switched off materials.

Let me look into it. Although the difference between UD and FUD would be minimal.

• 2 weeks later...