Darth Maul, apesar de ter exposição limitada no Phantom Menace, foi o personagem mais memorável dos últimos três filmes. O problema é que, estando morto, a única maneira de têr ele no show teria que ser em um flash back ou como um Fantasma da Força... mas ele não era poderoso o suficiente pra fazer como o Obi-One, Yoda, ou até o Anakin.

[For the non Portuguese readers]

Darth Maul, despite having limited exposure in the Phantom Menace, was the most memorable character in the last three movies. The problem is that, being dead, the only way to have him in the show would be in a flash back or as a Force Ghost... but he wasn't powerful enough to do like Obi-One, Yoda, or even Anakin.

He is show the next episode with a cyborg torso.

You're right. I stand corrected... it is Darth Maul! At the time I made my reply I had not watched the extended trailer.

I'm not sure I like the idea of bringing Maul back from the dead, specially considering the way he met his end in TPM; but I since bringing the dead back as un-dead has already been stablished as a Dathomirian thing, Palps mentioning Darth Plagueis having the ability of actually restoring life to the dead, and that SW technology can sustain life even to just a brain and some vital organs as a sentient being as evidenced by Grievous, having Maul as an upper torso with droid lower half is within the stablished rules. But I still don't think I like it... it cheapens the climatic ending of TPM's awesome light saber battle (the best of all the prequal movies, IMO). I think it would have been much better if they had made it so that Palpatine, or one of his agents, had smuggled Maul's remains or portions of it off Naboo to extract genetic material from which a clone of Maul could be made and inbued with his memories by means of Dathomirian magic.

I'll have a better idea about how I feel about the whole thing once I've had a chance to watch the episode next Friday; but either way, it should be fun.

The problem with bring Maul back is it makes Qui Gon dying look incredibly stupid by comparrison. Think about it. Maul gets cut in half, falls down the shaft of a powerplant, smacks off the sides as he goes and survives. Qui Gon gets stabbed once in the gut and dies. Seriously rapper 50 cent has taken worse damage and he ain't dead...yet(as of this typing) :)

That entire series has be wiped from canon...

They gave her a Back story didn't they were slave trader bought her than she got taken in by the Jedi, than her master was killed and she became disaffected with the Jedi and joined Duku.

I keep expecting Her and Duku to make up or the "leaders" of the separatist might make Duku take her back, or give her protection and rank out side of Duku control.

I expected her and Duku to conspire against Palpatine. The Sith seem to always want to do that kind of thing.

I thought the point of Palpatine telling Duku to get rid of Asajj was to try to get rid off Duku and replace him with her. Having Asajj kill Duku and assending to status of sith lord.

^ It was a deep cliff, and the look on her face was sheer terror... and she never returned. I look at it as though Anakin killed her in the micro series. Screaming out in rage at the end of the fight and returning to Obi Wan somewhat ashamed at what he had done.

Episode 420: Bounty

An aimless Asajj Ventress joins a team of bounty hunters under the leadership of young Boba Fett. On an alien world, they undertake a dangerous but profitable mission that tests the limits of their skills, and the strength of Asajj's character.

^ It was a deep cliff, and the look on her face was sheer terror... and she never returned. I look at it as though Anakin killed her in the micro series. Screaming out in rage at the end of the fight and returning to Obi Wan somewhat ashamed at what he had done.

Episode 420: Bounty

An aimless Asajj Ventress joins a team of bounty hunters under the leadership of young Boba Fett. On an alien world, they undertake a dangerous but profitable mission that tests the limits of their skills, and the strength of Asajj's character.

No doubt Anakin "thought" he killed her, but assuming that both series are related (which I still do considering they continued with the design style, just with CG), then the immediate next time we see Ventress would be in season 1 when she fought Asoka in that engine room.

Actually she made an appearance in the Clone Wars movie which happened before her fight with Ahsoka and Luminara. But even prior to that there was an episode in season one with the traitor clone, that had Ventress. Anakin didn't seem at all suprised or angry of her still being alive. Plus outside of the battle in the trees, the Padawan Anakin mostly dominated her in their fight in the Micro Series. A more powerful Jedi Knight Skywalker has at times had some difficulty to just be even with her. Then there is the HUGE difference with General Grievous. If you consider the micro series a part of this one, that's cool. I just view it as pretty much seperate story/alternate timeline. Kind of like the Frontier series and Movies.

To be fair, "everybody" in the microseries was overpowered. What it still has that this series lacks are things like Anakin's ascention from Padowan to Knight, 3PO's gold plating, and come to think of it, anything pre-Knight Anakin related. If you Consider the MS canon, then it makes sense that this series would pick up so much later into the Clone Wars.

Just by reading this thread I went and bought season one,,, thanks guys :p

Do what I do for a more enjoyable experience:

If the episode promo/intro indicates it will be a JarJar/Padme-centric episode--SKIP IT. Entirely. Trust me on this, others have agreed with this approach. Don't suffer through some slapstick-filled civilian multi-parter just to say you watched every ep, when all you really want to see is more Clone Troopers kicking ass...

So what do you guys think of the latest ep with ventress?

I'm kinda happy with it. She's free... I would even be cool with it, if they never returned to her so that I will never have to witness her being killed in some stupid way.

Oh come on, the Jar Jar episodes aren't "that" bad.

I never agree with Keith, but I do on this. Jar-Jar is still annoying, but he is toned way down and doesn't have much screen time.

I think the little 'thank you' she receives towards the end, coupled with the whole situation presented before her and how it relates, however slightly, to her own personal history, kind of opened her eyes to new possibilities (it gave me the impression that it made her feel somewhat "noble"... she had a look of peacefull satisfaction watching the centipede mount walk away with its occupants, and blissful optimism walking away from Bosk and the others).

To answer your question, if good or evil are judged by one's deeds then she did good while still looking out for her own self interests, so does that make her good or just not-evil?

I liked how she was scrupulously honest in taking only her share of the bounty for the job she performed with the mercenaries while not divulging her little "side job's" profit.

Overall, I really enjoyed this Ventress-centric two parter.

Getting back to this week's ep, I didn't mind the minor bait-and-switch (with the story focusing solely on Asajj and not the red-faced, horned dude).

If this is how she bows out of the series, I don't mind the ending they gave Asajj.

Episode 421: Brothers

The dark warrior Savage Opress is on a quest to find his long-lost brother. Could Darth Maul truly be alive, after more than a decade since his gruesome bisection at the blade of Obi-Wan Kenobi? Savage voyages into the depths of a twisted planet to find whatever became of the fallen Sith Lord.

The first of the season finale episodes has done absolutely nothing to make me warm up to the idea of bringing back Darth Maul. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a bad episode, just kind of pointeless to me.

The whole mentally unstable angle was interesting

And somebody call RA Salvatore, this episode's writers totally "borrowed" his Drider concept...

I want to know how maul survived being cut in half , falling down a very very very deep shaft at the bottom of a massive power plant that Appears to have survived the month long occupation of the city with out much damage. A massively damaged facility might have accounted for maul being taken away by a salvage ship, but that appears not to be the case.

I think we deserve some kind of explanation as to how Maul ended up on a garbage planet with a robot spider legs.

Edited by miles316

I want to know how maul survived being cut in half , falling down a very very very deep shaft at the bottom of a massive power plant that Appears to have survived the month long occupation of the city with out much damage. A massively damaged facility might have accounted for maul being taken away by a salvage ship, but that appears not to be the case.

I think we deserve some kind of explanation as to how Maul ended up on a garbage planet with a robot spider legs.

The more important question is: who brought him the life back and gave the spider legs? Edited by Old_Nash

The explanation to Darth Maul's return is gonna be interesting to say the least. If he was able to survive the death we saw in Episode 1, why couldn't any other fallen Jedi do the same (is the Dark Side really stronger?). I'm expecting to see some kind of reincarnation story from a Marvel comic to explain this.