There's a local modeling competition in less than 3 weeks. Suddenly felt the need to enter into the scifi portion of the competition. Last year a friend of mine entered with a very basic HG gunpla kit he did in candy colors. I think I can top that!

post-600-0-74326600-1472443308_thumb.jpg

My idea is to use this wave 1/100 VF-1A I got from a convention a couple years ago and turn it into some kind of a low-viz scheme with some kind of a Macross First twist like Hikaru's VF-1J, not so crazy though. But I also thought I saw someone did a custom job on their take of the brownie but I can't find it anywhere. I'd like too if possible try to even replicate that. I may even go as far as to customize my own decals since I'm a bit of a graphic designer and we got excellent printers so long as I'm not doing white.

Any suggestions you guys got to help make this kit stand out would be appreciative as I'd like to take home my first trophy.

Couple things I'm curious over are seamline removal since there's 4 locations I'd like to fix in the nosecone and fuselage and than the underbelly at the knees up to the thighs.

Also how to properly paint the canopy if there are good easy to follow tutorials. Some of the ones I found on youtube seem to have some really bad dislikes for some reason.

nothing to show right now but frustration lol. I tried using liquid mask for the canopy and it ended in failure, complete and utter failure. But I also couldn't get the right paints I wanted so I'm on hold until they show up.....bummer.