Star Destroyer to end all Star Destroyers

Mr March

I just found this amazing Imperator Class Star Destroyer model built by a Korean Star Wars fan. In addition to the amazing build and incredible paint job, it features what has to be the most amazing model lighting I've ever seen for the Star Wars Star Destroyer, right down to orange area lighting and blue-white hangar bay illumination. The placard even has Engrish! :)

http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=no1jujil&logNo=130177875505&redirect=Dlog

Astounding work worth looking at.

What I find most impressive is that the model is actually pretty small - most other kits of the subject go the "bigger is better" route.

You can see the work in progress here: http://blog.naver.com/no1jujil/130177714292

I wonder what the base kit is?

Well, someday we'll get our Fine Molds Star Destroyers...

It seems to be the Anigrand resin kit.

Thanks, wow, over $500, that's too rich for my blood, let's hope Fine Molds makes one soon (with all the detail of course, not like how Moebius skimped on the detail translating the Galactica from the TimeSlip resin)

What I find most impressive is that the model is actually pretty small - most other kits of the subject go the "bigger is better" route.

It seems to be the Anigrand resin kit.

the Anigrand SD is 1:2256 which i think is the biggest "kit" of the subject that i'm aware of. the only other bigger kit is that of the Executor SSD at 38". bigger SD's are out there, but they are scratchbuilds.

Thanks, wow, over $500, that's too rich for my blood, let's hope Fine Molds makes one soon (with all the detail of course, not like how Moebius skimped on the detail translating the Galactica from the TimeSlip resin)

i think i got mine for under $200 during an Anigrand sale. i still see $300-350 popping up occasionally on ebay and yahoo auctions japan, some from the same sellers who've previously posted them at 400+.

the real shame is that Anigrand got the C&D when they were just weeks away from releasing the 1/144 Turbo Tank. at least the 1/144 Rebel Transport got through in the nick of time, just like in the movies ;)

You can see the work in progress here: http://blog.naver.com/no1jujil/130177714292

I wonder what the base kit is?

Well, someday we'll get our Fine Molds Star Destroyers...

It's a beautiful looking job on the ISD.

As far as a modern, mass produced ISD kit, I've been waiting for eons. I have money waiting for such a thing to happen.

the Anigrand SD is 1:2256 which i think is the biggest "kit" of the subject that i'm aware of. the only other bigger kit is that of the Executor SSD at 38". bigger SD's are out there, but they are scratchbuilds.

Yeah I misjudged the size from the power jack at the bottom; the Anigrand kit is about 70 cm long.

But I've also seen some insane things at conventions:

4968584601_892ae8e8b0_z.jpg
There was also a beautiful build of the Anigrand version:
4968555501_8ab5ef29cd_z.jpg

Wow! Simply wow, thanks for sharing... I've been out of the Star Wars modeling front for quite a few years now, but this would be a "holy grail" model-kit for me someday. I love the timeless classic design and I love the "loaded with greebies" ships of the 80's.

Yes, I love Fine Molds. I have the 1/72 scale version along with just about every resin / photoetched detail upgrade ever produced for it. It is one of my many retirement projects!

the Anigrand SD is 1:2256 which i think is the biggest "kit" of the subject that i'm aware of.

Randy Cooper produce a one meter long Star Destroyer :

http://randycoopermodels.com/

http://randycoopermodels.com/content/avenger-star-destroyer

Having set side by side the two unbuilt kits' hull (a friend's Anigrand and my RC), while being "only" 30% longer, the RC looked 2 times bigger !

The Anigrand kit is a difficult but very nice kit (clean, well cast), the RC is far more complex and needs more work (casting so-so (bubbles, aging molds...), recommend to add of an inner struts)

Looking at the detail, the RC is closer to the ESB studio model than the Anigrand.

Agreed. Every FineMolds kits I have built has been an absolute joy to work on. They are pricey, but worth it. Only wish they would release more 1:48 stuff!

Shameless pic for wm cheng of my 1:72 Falcon... :-)

Gorgeous falcon Derex - is that the expensive custom plexiglas cover from Fine Molds or did you get it elsewhere?

• 6 months later...

Apparently, Bandai has acquired the Star Wars license for plastic kits and launches the first models this autumn:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152640288058072.1073742222.179756328071&type=1

So far there's a 1/72 Red Five X-Wing & Advanced TIE, and a S.H. Figuarts Vader & Troopers in 1/12.

Also on display at the Tokyo Toy Show are a huge Star Destroyer and a 1/48 X-Wing!

TTS051.jpg

tts068.jpg

I wonder how this is possible. Isn't the Black Series from Hasbro in the same scale? Regardless this looks great even of the necks of the Storm Troopers look a bit long. Is it confirmed that those are S.H.Figuarts toys and not model kits?

If this is true I only wished Bandai would get the Street Fighter license from the SquareEnix toy department and produces Street Fighter Figurarts. They could even call it S.F.Figuarts. :p

Troop Building!

Pretty sure the decals will absolutely suck. :p

I don't see any reason why a Bandai kit would have any advantage over the existing kits though, unless the entire thing is molded with the main markings as separate pieces. And even then, all that will do is horribly complicate the assembly (which does seem to be Bandai's trademark though :lol: )