Phenomenon Project Regult

007-vf1

Does anyone have a clear picture of these guys regult?

I am digging the green color scheme but the original web post pictures have been erased so I have no ways to find them online..

Edited by 007-vf1

I have them all, but those are on my computer back in home and I will be out for 2 months. As soon as I have the chance I will post them here.

Thank you, thank you.. :hail:

I have them all, but those are on my computer back in home and I will be out for 2 months. As soon as I have the chance I will post them here.

Dude..!! that's awesome.. Been looking for those a long time..

Thanks a lot

Edited by 007-vf1

Personally, I don't think that the DYRL color scheme gets enough love.

There'a a lot DYRL love laking in general except for the VF's valks and the SDF-1.

To me the dark Green/ Blue is more menacing "true to life" shade that would go great in a metal mecha than the almost puke lime version from Toynami..

The ambiguity in the DYRL movie colors is that Regults only shows in space fight for a brief period in a dark background; not even the valks are quite "white" in those scenes.. So the interpretation of colors even in the movie has a pretty wide marging..

post-104-0-49580000-1439502326_thumb.jpg

Know what I mean..?

Edited by 007-vf1

Very hot.

You know, all of this weathering of alien technology is interesting. Makes me wonder just how these kinds of machines would weather, I mean it's supposed to be such advanced alien technology. Surely it's going to weather and get battle damage, but would it rust in the same way as a '67 Mustang? These things weren't made out of stainless steel. Maybe the vehicles stranded on Earth might. I think the show kinda made it look that way.

Very hot.

You know, all of this weathering of alien technology is interesting. Makes me wonder just how these kinds of machines would weather, I mean it's supposed to be such advanced alien technology. Surely it's going to weather and get battle damage, but would it rust in the same way as a '67 Mustang? These things weren't made out of stainless steel. Maybe the vehicles stranded on Earth might. I think the show kinda made it look that way.

Yeah I agree with you on this aspect. I don't believe in rusting up everything, especially alien vehicles. I'm not sure the alloys they are made out of would necessarily oxidise in Earths atmosphere unless they have been on another alien world previously that did react with their alloys. In fact maybe they don't rust. I probably can live with them being scratched but I have another theory on this. What if the alloy they use could be coloured? It wont necessarily scratch the same way as a traditional painted earth vehicle will. Sure it'll get dirty but scratched maybe not.

Yup... I agree on both accounts. While I enjoy looking at these artists's weathering skills, I don't necessarily think that these beings would use the same exact materials. Also, considering the scale, if it did rust, the size of the degradation wouldn't be as prominent as it would be on a tank, especially if it's still in use.

Just for the record, I am by no means degrading anyone's builds where they have dirtied up their vehicles, alien or not, its just an interesting topic to discuss the realities of such weathering and whether it really would be relevant to an alien vehicle.

I always imagined the Zentraedi stuff being "grown" rather that bolted together, so it would be interesting to do some more organic decay on the surfaces and all kind of liquids leaking out.

Interesting except the Regult when you actually compare it to the rest of their designs, say any of their capital ships doesn't bear the same design philosophy. It does look more manufactured than grown unlike say the fighter or the Salan or nupetiet-vergnitzs. And there does seam to be sections where two panels meet although its possible they are grown as panels and then joined together?

Just for the record, I am by no means degrading anyone's builds where they have dirtied up their vehicles, alien or not, its just an interesting topic to discuss the realities of such weathering and whether it really would be relevant to an alien vehicle.

Same here. We've had the same discussions before in the same line whether or not a valk would have rivets but at the same time you can't help but love the extra detail. I myself love to see battleworn and rusted up valks or enemy mechs.

When you look at the tv version of the zentran mechs though, their very bare bones. The regult pilot uses his hands and feet to point the cannons. It's very simple but elegant. You really do get a sense that most of the engineering went into the soldiers and how they're genetically"conditioned" to use those machines.

• 2 weeks later...