1/60 VF-1 Accessory Parts from Yamato displayed at Wonder Fest

Graham

You know we've mentioned to people before that these Valks really don't keep/gain value... but looking at what some of the M&M and Elintseeker toys are going for on Ebay makes me think that if I really needed to make some money paying that $140 for each I did two years ago was a good idea.

Need some confirmation.. on the last release of Yamato model kits 1/60 the image showed optional parts, excluding the double seaters, the model kits include seats, side covers, and what looks to be a pod. Is that correct? I've been looking at the Yamato site and from the images it indicate it does.. 7c00a009.gif

Edited by Kicker773

I ended up buying 1 S, 1 A, and 2 J kits. I really want to customize these, so just waiting for the right custom job to work on. I was going to do a M & M version with the 1Js, but I'd want to die them, not paint them. There's no way the blue and red paints would hold up on the plastic during transformation. They really, really need to reissue them.

Edited by Jasonc

I would not bet on that this was very popular I have a feeling that they might sell out. The VF-1j and VF-1S those I think they might be around but you never know I check other retailers and ebay to gauge how many are in stock. On the other had with this new rerelease it might bring down the price of the orginals.

Edited by moose

ShouId get this reissue with the accesory parts???

I already have the ver2 VF-1D.

I've got one already as well... I'd say the most sensible thing to do is wait it out and see if the parts will be offered seperately. Honestly, with replacement shoulder hinges readily available now and no significant changes to the design, there's really no need to go back and buy a duplicate valk for these parts alone. Save the money for re-releases of valks you don't have already.

After seeing the successful shoulder hinge design from VF5S and his friend, I'd also say it isn't too wild a possibility that someone will simply draft these parts up and make them available on Shapeways in the future.

I was thinking that this VF-1D reissue would be unique because it will include the double seat parts. The recently issued unbuilt kits, with option parts, did not include the double seat and it hasn't been seen anywhere else except with the limited wonderfest sale.