1/60 VF-1 Accessory Parts from Yamato displayed at Wonder Fest

Graham

IMO that’s expected to happen. Extremely white plastics just can’t stay like that for too long. However, it could just happen that they’re different simply because they’re from different batches of plastic, regardless the production dates.

Edited by Reïvaj

I think they do yellow over time, regardless of exposure. It's why I really do prefer the DYRL gray color.

One thing I have noticed though... the missiles on the reissues don't work very well. Could be it's from the mold degrading, but the hardpoints on the wings won't let me turn the missiles to certain angles. You hit a certain point, and the missiles just snap to the max rotation, so you can't align them with the wings.

I guess it is still one of those things we can't avoid. I have heard of fixes but since they involve using chemicals on the toy, I'd rather have mine yellow over time and look antique. Me too, I didn't like the bright white much on the TV. It's just that I had to get Hikaru and Max's units.

The hardpoints on mine are still good. Maybe since the mold has been used for some time, we're already starting to get mold issues by luck of the draw.

• 3 weeks later...

Damn, the Hik VF-1J are selling out in alot of places, I can,t afford to buy one for a couple of mths ,I guess I,ll surrender to the evilbay darkside by then.

Do ya think that they,ll be reissued , perhaps with FPs?

I,m still waiting for a Hik VF-1J in grey!!

I,m prepared to take another risk with a 1/60 purchase, as I had mold issues with my VF-1D.

• 2 weeks later...

So they're not actually selling these schemes but blank kits with option parts? That would make sense. I hope they're not exclusives either because it's exactly what we need. Green knee on the Alaska Base type.

And the feet and intake covers are dark grey again, can't wait to receive mine!! Thanks for the pics.

I've actually always liked the dark drown feet and intake covers on the CF versions. I prefer the Dyrl pilot, head and hand designs to the TV ones, but the TV colors are better imo.

Edited by anime52k8