Small project: head custom for 1/60 VF-0BS

IScustom

Dear All,

Here is another project I just finished: head custom for 1/60 VF-0BS ("S" stands for single seat)

Although it is a small project, it turns out quite challenging: the 0B/D head has lots of curves and and irregular shapes. For some time I didn't even know how to start the drawing. Anyway, I finally got it, and a prototype is now in 3D printing. May show you the real one on a 0A's body in 2-3 weeks or sooner.

PS: I have put a special effort on the inner side design such that the 1/60 0A's neck (I didn't try 0S yet) can be seamlessly used for this custom.

Let me know what you think about it. You know, 0B&D share the same head design, so I think at least 60% work of the following VF-0DS design is finished. I will update my design on the wing and leg for 0DS soon.

All suggestions are welcome! Thanks!!

IS

0D_head_1.jpg

0D_head_2.jpg

0D_head_3.jpg

0D_head_4.jpg

is just what I was looking I'M IN

^_^, thanks man. Kindly keep monitoring my thread

Beautiful. Love it. If this is an easy swap out, I'm in for one.

Thank you for your kind words, Jason. More update will be coming very soon.

You've nailed it!!! Excellent work.

^_^, thanks man. 3D drawing of this head is indeed challenging but made my skill improved a lot. Finally I got an acceptable version... and I will update the wing and leg design within this month.

Edited by IScustom

let me see if I understand right you will make a completed conversion kit (head, legs and wings) :o

Totally correct, bro. I aim to make the kit plug in & play, with minimum or no further modification needed.

Yeah, that's what I read too! If this is the case i'll be buying up another 0A just for conversion!

^_^. That is my original intensioin to start this project. Based on my current progress, the real thing can be shown by the end of next month.

+1. I'd better start saving up!!

^_^ Keep checking my threads, man. Updates of the virtual design will be here very soon.

Edited by IScustom

Wow, you're going to have to redo the entire leg aren't you? At first I thought all you had to do was tweak it to accomodate the delta wing but then I raelized there's those extra stabilizers right at the hips. I hope you include instructions who to switch this stuff out too! So this will be a one seater variant of a D then? I can't wait to see what this looks like. There may be a run on 0A's very soon. LOL

What modeling software are you using for this project?

Edited by Mommar

Wow, you're going to have to redo the entire leg aren't you? At first I thought all you had to do was tweak it to accomodate the delta wing but then I raelized there's those extra stabilizers right at the hips. I hope you include instructions who to switch this stuff out too! So this will be a one seater variant of a D then? I can't wait to see what this looks like. There may be a run on 0A's very soon. LOL

^_^, thanks for your support. I will modify the leg but not redesign it. What I intend to do is add an on-top part to the current leg to handle the foldable stabilizers. Once the kit is released, I will make the assmebly process transparent like a crytal. haha. I will try to make the OD ready asap.

just take my money :lol:

^_^, thanks for your support man. Kindly no worry: I will try to minimize the cost.

Edited by IScustom

^_^, thanks for your support. I will modify the leg but not redesign it. What I intend to do is add an on-top part to the current leg to handle the foldable stabilizers. Once the kit is released, I will make the assmebly process transparent like a crytal. haha. I will try to make the OD ready asap.

You're not going to worry about the differences in the calf either?

Ah, the on-top part what I mentioned before just accounts for the the calf differences.

I'm curious to see how you're going to pull this all off. I made a stab at fast-packs/boosters for the Vf-19S but gave up on that one. Mechanically I just couldn't put it together.

Edited by Mommar

I'm curious to see how you're going to pull this all off. I made a stab at fast-packs/boosters for the Vf-19S but gave up on that one. Mechanically I just couldn't put it together.

I think my design works, thanks for watching my project and I will keep you updated, now I am trying to close my 3-head project asap.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...