Considering how many comparisons constantly pop up between Star Wars and Star Trek, my mind always falls back to the "at least Star Wars hasn't screwed with time travel" argument (and at this point, I might be wrong, but I don't think it's ever been used in what's now considered canon).

I'm personally waiting for the big reveal that Luke is actually his own grandfather, and Rey is Padme's mother. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

It's being widely reported that the title of Episode 8 is Fall of the Resistance, based upon a leaked video of what is purported to be a poster for the upcoming Star Wars Celebration in London next month. I'd argue that the title is too on-the-nose to be real, but this is Star Wars we're talking about. The stronger argument against it being real is that the Resistance is far smaller than the Rebel Alliance was in Star Wars--it doesn't have very far to fall. The Republic is most definitely on the ropes, which means the Resistance is likely to be more relevant than ever. If I had to put money on anything, I'd say it would be a title that is Force-related.

Edited by Duke Togo

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • azrael changed the title to Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi, in theaters Dec. 15, 2017

Or it is just describing what Luke is at he moment....the last of the Jedi. As they stated in TFA he is the Last. Doesn't mean more can't rise. I like the Title quite a bit :)

Chris

According to Ahsoka....she is no longer a "Jedi" during the "Dark Times", which is the timeline Rebels and the OT takes place....so the title is pretty inconsequential in terms of more Force-wielder action in future Star Wars post Episode 9....TFA and Rogue One also pretty much made that clear......

At this point, I'm more interested in how Rebels will play out.....heck, even Maul is no longer a Sith....will they kill off Kanan, Ezra, and Ahsoka.....or keep things interesting?.....

Yoda never lies! :rolleyes: