Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

From the Ashley Woods Q&A:

Q: Do you have any VALVe project/figures news which you can share with us?
A: We are working on DOG from HL, an updated version! that will come in a two pack with Alyx, also making a Gordon Freeman! Also if all goes well we will offer the Halloween TF2 ghost premade for well..Halloween! We are massive fans of Valve here at 3A!

Cool, but I wanted Chell first.

• 3 weeks later...

:unsure: I took my first plunge into Hot Toys in March and bought my brother the wolverine. I had the silver centurion on PO for myself and it finally arrived. I have to say that I'm impressed with HT and it will be extremely difficult to stay away from this line. I'm already eyeing Thor, Falcon, Arkam Batman and Black Widow. I might get Black Widow or Falcon for my sister. I also dig the black and gold armor for Iron Man. I don't need another toy line to start collecting.

:unsure: I took my first plunge into Hot Toys in March and bought my brother the wolverine. I had the silver centurion on PO for myself and it finally arrived. I have to say that I'm impressed with HT and it will be extremely difficult to stay away from this line. I'm already eyeing Thor, Falcon, Arkam Batman and Black Widow. I might get Black Widow or Falcon for my sister. I also dig the black and gold armor for Iron Man. I don't need another toy line to start collecting.

I wouldn't buy a toy from a movie that has thousands of Iron Man armor suits in it. My OCD would demand that I buy all 42. :D

On the other hand maybe I should get the armor from Age of Ultron. I heard it is much like the Mark 42 but with more red color (which I would prefer). If HT releases a version with die cast in it I might buy it. The Iron Man figures don't have those uncanny faces, leather/cloth costumes and rubber skin which I don't like.

I was into HT for a few months, but I got bored pretty fast.

I think it's because HT takes so long to get a figure out the gate. While it's perfectly understandable and actually a good thing due to the prices, waiting for up to a year after a movie has already hit theaters before getting the figure, kind of kills your enthusiasm for it.

Which is good for someone like me that isn't an HT collector, so if I decide I have interest in a piece, then it doesn't affect all of the other things I primarily collect (macross, comics, anime statues,and now transformers).

Just the figures themselves. I didn't feel they were worth the money. The sculpts and detail are nice but there isn't much you can do with them. Even most of the poses are pretty static and weird looking. They keep asking more and more money for basically the same doll body and a new head. Shrug. I can see it for something like the IM 2 whiplash armor, but that's been in development for years.

I'd rather have a Valk or MP. Transformation. Lots of posability. Two modes so lots of options for display. I just realized I love robots and not action figure/doll types.

It's just my personal preference though.

I hear ya, and I agree with you. That's why I never got into collecting them in the first place. I think HT should look at what Danny Choo has done with his smart doll and try to incorporate a similar indo skeleton for their figures. I think his doll has a little more articulation than their figures. His telescoping figure stand is also better than their average fare.

Edited by Golden Arms

They should be pushing something. You can bend the arms, and bend the knees... but it just doesn't give any kind of lifelike poses imo.

Half the figures even have an ab crunch to speak of because of their costumes.

I understand that they want them to be as detailed and as sculpture like as possible, but it seems like they would have ways to hide it and provide better articulation.

• 2 weeks later...

Since the prequels move love of Star Wars pretty much died out. I stopped playing the games, reading the books, and following the property. I was just over it.

But damn, this awakens the beast. Love it. They nailed chewey.

10523683_10152323096657344_3204883097218

DElACmg.jpg

0tyQ3BGh.jpg

5B0uTGl.jpg

W8McUjd.jpg

7wSjk78.jpg

aGDlJsh.jpg

Finally! Han Solo is my favorite so I'll probably pick one up.

Edit: hahah...not bad but yeah, I'm gettin a slight Marky Mark from Han...keep in mind I'm lookin at these from my phone right now.

Edited by xrentonx

Headsculpt is slightly off but it is by no means bad. Not a dealbreaker for me.

Yeah, agreed. The likeness is just off, but really not a big deal.

If I were big into Star Wars merchandise or 6th scale figures not named Iron Man then these would be a must have. And could you imagine how ridiculously large and expensive a Millennium Falcon would be? You'd need a garage just to store it. :D

-b.

the depiction is not bad - dont get me wrong, it just seems slightly missing something for me.... Hard to describe, but the expression seems younger or nicer than Harrison played han? Maybe needs more scruffy-looking-ness lol

nah they nailed it. you are remembering an older better looking ford. harrison ford looked a little odd when he was younger...go watch the original star wars again. i think they nailed it. i don't collect 1/6 (well i have a couple things and few more but in general to expsneive and too many things) but this looks awesome. kinda wondering what the best place to order from is. haha

Edited by Mechapilot77

nah they nailed it. you are remembering an older better looking ford. harrison ford looked a little odd when he was younger...go watch the original star wars again. i think they nailed it. i don't collect 1/6 (well i have a couple things and few more but in general to expsneive and too many things) but this looks awesome. kinda wondering what the best place to order from is. haha

I totally agree. People are remembering him in ESB and ROTJ, or his older stuff.

His face was a little off in 77 haha.

As for ordering, no place is really any better than any other.

Japanese sites are a little cheaper, but shipping makes it about the same price as the gaps on pricing went up for them.

SideShow is fine. Sideshow uses cheap ass Fedex shipping though. BBTS is charging the same thing.

Prices are pretty uniform.

I think maybe you could order from china and get a deal but I've never found a reliable source.

Edited by Gakken85

I didn't want to spend that much on Chewie so I settled for the other half of the duo. I'll just be content with my black series Chewie for now. Something is a little creepy with HT Chewie though...for me it's the lips/expression :)

Edited by xrentonx

I totally agree. People are remembering him in ESB and ROTJ, or his older stuff.

Japanese sites are a little cheaper, but shipping makes it about the same price as the gaps on pricing went up for them.

SideShow is fine. Sideshow uses cheap ass Fedex shipping though. BBTS is charging the same thing.

I think maybe you could order from china and get a deal but I've never found a reliable source.

bbts was out this morning when i made up my mind! well out for the double pack whic his what i want (i want the bonus). i ended up using timewalker toys. they had a $20 discount over ss or bbts plus free shipping via ups ground. feedback on that store seems relatively positive so i trust them. i just realized that chewbacca is gonna be too tall to fit in a detolf comfortably. lol.

No. The hair is off. Here are a couple shots from Harmy's Despecialized Edition of Star Wars. Even in 1977, Ford had more brown in his hair than black. The figures are still very good, but I look at them as interpretations instead of exact replicas. Chewy is very well done. I think Han is more of an interpretation and maybe Ford has a clause about using his exact image or something.

Luke and Obi-Wan meet the Falcon: What a Piece of Junk!

post-5492-0-42095700-1411775278_thumb.jpg

Han Prefers a Good Fight to Sneaking Around.

post-5492-0-86515300-1411775493_thumb.jpg

Edited by technoblue