1/60 Perfect Transform VF-4G Lightning reissue.

Gakken85

Since I'm on a limited budget, I think I'll just drop my Hi-Metal R preorders and save for this one :)

If you missed it the first time I'd say you are making the right call. I'd personally rather have 1 really awesome and arguably a grail collector piece vs. many smaller items even though they are really cool.

My gut tells me this is going to be a straight up re-release of the old mold, nothing new or improved, intended to capitalize on the high demand from the limited prior run, and provide a quick, easy influx of cash for Arcadia to put towards R&D of their next project. By all accounts, the last one was a pretty stellar product quality-wise. They just released the Macross Zero valks earlier this year which were redesigns, and by their release history so far they are staggering new molds with old ones. It also makes much more sense for them to release a Skull-themed VF-4 after reissuing the old one to encourage double dipping.

Personally, I'm looking forward to this release. Missed out on the first one, and while I think the design is really nice, there's no way I'm paying $400-$500 and up for one.

Edited by SuperSenpai

My gut tells me this is going to be a straight up re-release of the old mold, nothing new or improved, intended to capitalize on the high demand from the limited prior run, and provide a quick, easy influx of cash for Arcadia to put towards R&D of their next project. By all accounts, the last one was a pretty stellar product quality-wise. They just released the Macross Zero valks earlier this year which were redesigns, and by their release history so far they are staggering new molds with old ones. It also makes much more sense for them to release a Skull-themed VF-4 after reissuing the old one to encourage double dipping.

Personally, I'm looking forward to this release. Missed out on the first one, and while I think the design is really nice, there's no way I'm paying $400-$500 and up for one.

If they slap a $400-500 price tag on this, I'm boycotting Arcadia lol.

Since there are no difference buying from them or the secondhand market with that kind of money.

Even though I told myself im not purchasing another of the same color as the original, but if the pricing is right then it could happen!

Price range, probability of purchase & likely hood of asking price.

up to 20k = absolutely! but this pricing range is extremely wishful thinking and high unlikely..

20 to 25k = still a definite yes! although this pricing range still very unlikely.

25 to 30k = closer to 25k is still a yes but upwards of 30k some consideration required.. I still think even this price range is more than unlikely.

30 to 35k = a definite no. I think closer to 35k is going to be the minimum of Arcadia asking price.

35 to 40k = absolutely not! This price range is seems more likely where they will price the VF-4G.

40 to 45k = hehe! no way! And I think Arcadia would be very cheeky to be asking upwards and over 40k for this re-issue.

45 to 50k = NEVER! upwards of 50k is roughly what I paid for my original and I can't even see Arcadia ever listing for anywhere near this figure and it would be downright rude of them to do so.

50k + = no comment..

Less than 37k shipped I'm buying. There, I've set myself a target. I will most likely waiver of its close but one can always hope it will be less.

"Song of hope, ring out across the galaxy".

The only reason why this one is going for the $300+ release is because of the new window box. ;)

I'm still waiting for the official price before deciding if I should buy another one and sell one of my Yamato or not buy at all. :rolleyes:

Edited by no3ljm

Honestly, if they are going to charge 300, I would expect some improvements in quality , anything more expensive than that, and I probably wouldn't buy it.

I jumped very late into the yamato bandwagon, so i had to pay high prices for them, and in almost all cases yamato was a huge disappointment in quality(for me). Arcadia was a breath of fresh air. yes they cost a lot more, but I can buy something and trust that it will be built to last. I have come to expect that from them , and now I always get at least one copy of their valks. if they were to not make any improvements, at least in the quality of the plastic n(and make it that nice matte finish..), I would be a kind of pissed at paying a higher price than yamato would charge. This is just my opinion, either way I like arcadia and i will be buying this!!! now where is my stupid vf-5000b?

Some of Mr.K's response on his Twitter feeds:

https://twitter.com/Mrk_arcadia/status/651337097136111616

いろんな事情によりまったく同じです。 あ、ミサイルが取れやすいので、もう少しきつく調整はします。 ・・・と言う程度です。あしからず・・・。

He mentioned that the missiles will be tightened a little. Now there's something new. :lol:

https://twitter.com/Mrk_arcadia/status/652277873173139456

おはようございます。 これから4Gのスタジオ撮影に行ってきます。 では、のちほど。 の前に、今日も楽しく生きましょう~。

Off he goes to shoot new 4G photos.

https://twitter.com/Mrk_arcadia/status/651568648134365184

物自体は再リリースです。(この答であっている?)

For those who's just tuning in... yes it's official. It's not the Flashback 2012 version. It's just a re-release of the Yamato's VF-4G... in a brand new Arcadia box. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

Arcadia making a natural choice. Something they don't have to fight over licenses and something with a big demand. I Feel bad for people who paid so much for these guys recently - but I'll be happy to get one in fighter mode. I wonder if after market on the yamato release will drop suddenly? I imagine the Yammie will still have more tampo maybe? Looks pretty identical to the box art for the 30th.

Interesting hurdle for Arcadia, as this was becoming the grail collectible and it was the last Yammie made.

https://twitter.com/ARCADIA_Co_Ltd/status/650865714404814848

【お知らせ】

弊社マクロスアイテムより新商品の発表です。

「1/60 完全変形 VF-4Gライトニング」。

急遽今月末より予約開始予定です。

宜しくお願い申しあげます。

[News]

Our Macross items from the new products.

'1/60 complete snub VF-4 g lightning'.

However, since the end of the month start your reservation.

My pleasure to meet you too.

12087829_1005583496152605_85614843596742

Looks like I am no longer the only guy who take pictures of his Valk with a Vaseline bottle nearby. :p:D

Looks like I am no longer the only guy who take pictures of his Valk with a Vaseline bottle nearby. :p:D

I almost hate to imagine what that tub of Vaseline is actually for!?!? I hope it to lubricate the toys tight joints (I nearly wrote "stiff" :rolleyes:) and not to relieve ones immense sense of joy towards Valkyrie's! :p:D

Oh and just for the record.. I do immensely love my Valkyrie's but No I don't currently own a tub of Vaseline! :lol:

So yeah that is very questionable product placement! :unsure:

Edited by spanner76

This is arcadia's chance to make good with the Fans...release it at close to original prices!

Though if they do, i know they will annoy greatly those who bought it aftermarket or those still selling aftermarket...

if they dont and price it way up, it may be negative in the sense its just a re-release and nothing's changed!

either way, from a company strategy point of view, am not sure they should have touched on it...but hey you cant please everyone...

Edited by seti88

First of all , hello to everyone since I'm new here (hopefully I don't get reprimanded for posting this here, had no Idea where to do so!) getting

Back on topic, how does one go about pre-ordering this Valk? I've tried looking at The arcadia site but it's all in japanese, any other shops or online stores that anyone might recommend looking into ?? Thanks for the patience and arigató !

Plenty of shops will have it available.

cdjapan

HLJ

amiami

Nippon-Yasan

To name a few that will most likely offer it. Arcadia's aren't hard to get a pre-order for. Just check back here periodically.

Bleh, I am rapidly running out of room in my apartment for this stuff, but I feel like I should get one more of these to repaint.

Maybe if I rearrange the closet and collapse some of the boxes, then repack the valks in styrofoam...

This is why I have to keep a small collection and will sell older stuff off over time. Heresy to some I'm sure, but it makes the display space manageble without making my house look like a circus :)