Bandai vs Yamato/Arcadia

Gundam@EFSF

Hmmm nahh i cant say they are.. yes both brands are essentially making the same thing through their own interpretation and both suffer similar issues when it comes to certain joints or just design / build methodology but they do look and in particular feel very different each with strengths and weaknesses of their own. Personally i love them both, not only for what they produce but also for the fact that they are indeed producing at all! Damn it! i need to go to bed..

Edited by spanner76

Personally i love them both, not only for what they produce but also for the fact that they are indeed producing at all! Damn it! i need to go to bed..

Amen to that spanner!

i have little time collecting valks, and even less with arcadia/yamato toys, but dont see them as reverse engineering, its more on competing with a substite item (if you want X but cant find/afford it Y will suffice)

Sometimes, it all depends on everyone's preference. ;)

- Expensive vs Cheap

- Gloss vs Matte

- Collectible vs Playability

- Old School Macross vs Macross Frontier

- Tampo vs Stickers

- Size vs Size

- Correct Color vs Wrong Color

- Simplicity vs Over-Engineered

- Big Box vs Small Box

- Plastic Trays vs Styros

Honestly, My Yamato stuff looks great, but the playability isn't as great at the Bandai toys, in my opinion. My Yamatos don't pose as well, and frankly have some really scary transformation bits, that just aren't really there on the Bandai, making them my go to toys.

I'm supremely happy with the post VF-25 renewal Bandai toys. Does that mean I'd never buy an Arcadia, no, but When Bandai is offering so much more than Arcadia, and at much better prices, I can't see getting any arcadias. To satisfy my VF-1 needs I'll be looking to the Hi-Metal R line, while I'll be looking at the Chogoukin line for My 1/60 scale High quality needs.

Arcadia has just priced themselves way out of my range.