Need help :YF-19 "Bird of Prey"

Gundam@EFSF

Hi,

Need help again. Is this mold as good as the recent Arcadia YF-19? or it is similar to those Basara VF-19?

And if I hv the chance to get this and VF-19P at similar price, which one should I take? Thanks :)

Get the 19p, without hesitation. The bird of prey yamato is not worth the same $, and it is an earlier mold. No where near as good as the Arcadia.

Hi,

Need help again. Is this mold as good as the recent Arcadia YF-19? or it is similar to those Basara VF-19?

And if I hv the chance to get this and VF-19P at similar price, which one should I take? Thanks :)

Always, keep in mind that Arcadia release YF-19 is an 'offspring' of Yamato's Macross 7 VF-19 series. So the VF-19P is the best choice here. ^_^

In other words, stay away from Yamato's Macross Plus YF-19 releases. But just buy the Fold Booster in case you want it on your Arcadia's YF-19. ;)

Hi,

Everyone has been helpful but I'll try to give a timeline to explain what is going on here.

Yamato YF-19 - Plus version, Double Nuts, Bird of Prey. - It's all a very bad mold. Avoid.

Yamato VF-19 - Basara, S, F, P varieties. - You're already familiar with the quality.

Arcadia VF/YF-19 - Yamato went under and Arcadia bought the mold for Yamato's VF-19 series. They've released the Basara again but with Gold trim instead of yellow and then made a new YF-19 Plus Version based on that VF-19 mold. The new YF-19 was designed so that the Fold Booster made for the old, terrible, Yamato YF-19 mold will work on the Arcadia YF-19 as well.

I would personally buy the VF-19P, which is similar to the Basara VF-19, over any of the Yamato YF-19 versions.

Everyone has been helpful but I'll try to give a timeline to explain what is going on here.

Yamato YF-19 - Plus version, Double Nuts, Bird of Prey. - It's all a very bad mold. Avoid.

Yamato VF-19 - Basara, S, F, P varieties. - You're already familiar with the quality.

Arcadia VF/YF-19 - Yamato went under and Arcadia bought the mold for Yamato's VF-19 series. They've released the Basara again but with Gold trim instead of yellow and then made a new YF-19 Plus Version based on that VF-19 mold. The new YF-19 was designed so that the Fold Booster made for the old, terrible, Yamato YF-19 mold will work on the Arcadia YF-19 as well.

I would personally buy the VF-19P, which is similar to the Basara VF-19, over any of the Yamato YF-19 versions.

Wow thanks! New member trying to get a grasp of it all. This little history is great! :D

I had a Bird Of Prey and although it looked ok when in fighter mode it was a bit lanky in battroid and forget trying to pose it in gerwalk. It couldn't support itself at all.

And it was a floppy mess and would even droop in the middle when in fighter mode too. You're far better off grabbing the 19P for sure! You won't regret it!

I'll add a little more on the history as well to Mommar post.

The first issue of the Yamato YF-19 Isamu had two noticeable issues as well. The gunpod did not sit straight in fighter mode and the rear landing gears did not bend outwards enough. This was then fixed in later issues.

I'm probably the only one here who still likes my 1/60 Yammie YF-19, flaws, inaccuracies and all. Yeah, it's an obsolete toy with an inaccurate fighter mode (mostly the neck and nose area), "floppy" chest, and the proportions in battroid mode aren't accurate either. But despite all that, when properly posed, the battroid mode still looks good to my eyes. GERWALK looks decent to me, too, if you pose it with the legs in a low and wide stance, and with body horizontal to the ground instead of angled down.

After seeing how sleek the newer Bandai and Arcadia -19's, the Yammie 1/60's fighter mode is basically left in the dust, though.

I'm probably the only one here who still likes my 1/60 Yammie YF-19, flaws, inaccuracies and all. Yeah, it's an obsolete toy with an inaccurate fighter mode (mostly the neck and nose area), "floppy" chest, and the proportions in battroid mode aren't accurate either. But despite all that, when properly posed, the battroid mode still looks good to my eyes. GERWALK looks decent to me, too, if you pose it with the legs in a low and wide stance, and with body horizontal to the ground instead of angled down.

After seeing how sleek the newer Bandai and Arcadia -19's, the Yammie 1/60's fighter mode is basically left in the dust, though.

You are not alone! I love my 5 yamato YF-19. I personally hate the arcadia version although i have to admit that i was lucky i never had single issue with any of them. The bird of prey and the double nuts might have their problems but their color schemes still look great!

Edited by Ryoma

You are not alone! I love my 5 yamato YF-19. I personally hate the arcadia version although i have to admit that i was lucky i never had single issue with any of them. The bird of prey and the double nuts might have their problems but their color schemes still look great!

I think this is the first time i've ever heard someone preferring the yamato over the arcadia..

Edited by Sandman

Well, clearly the engineering is way better in the arcadia version but there are few details i can't stand: the shallow panel lines, the colour, the chubby battroid mode make me hate it. Honestly I hate everything that arcadia did so far and i am among the ones who are still in love with their 1/48s so maybe i am not the more reliable collector. Anyhow i do own a Bandai VF-19 and i think it is among the best valk, actually toy, that i have.

Edited by Ryoma

Well, clearly the engineering is way better in the arcadia version but there are few details i can't stand: the shallow panel lines, the colour, the chubby battroid mode make hate it. Honestly I hate everything that arcadia did so far and i am among the ones who are still in love with their 1/48s so maybe i am not the more reliable collector. Anyhow i do own a Bandai VF-19 and i think it is among the best valk, actually toy, that i own.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who loves the 1/60 Yamato YF-19. Like you, I actually didn't like the stockier proportions of the Arcadia version's battroid mode, even if it IS more screen accurate. Besides, the Arcadia YF-19 looks a little short when standing next to the Yamato YF-21 in battroid mode, and there's really no telling if and when they'll ever get around to making a new YF-21. And to be honest, I'd rather have ankles that aren't all that articulated to ones that you risk loosening from dynamic poses, especially if the ball joints are so hard to access.

Not judging, just surprised. I still love the 1/48 as well though i think the ver 2 1/60 is the better mold.

And i agree with you there. The problem that i have with the VF-1 V.2 is the lack of details compared to the 1/48. For the rest, they are great toys and i do love my collection of V.2. Anyhow this is the curse of Macross toys, right? Every new generation, one step forward two steps backward...i guess i got used to it.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who loves the 1/60 Yamato YF-19. Like you, I actually didn't like the stockier proportions of the Arcadia version's battroid mode, even if it IS more screen accurate. Besides, the Arcadia YF-19 looks a little short when standing next to the Yamato YF-21 in battroid mode, and there's really no telling if and when they'll ever get around to making a new YF-21. And to be honest, I'd rather have ankles that aren't all that articulated to ones that you risk loosening from dynamic poses, especially if the ball joints are so hard to access.

I agree with every word you say, GU-11. Although i would love to see a recolor of the Arcadia YF-19.

And i agree with you there. The problem that i have with the VF-1 V.2 is the lack of details compared to the 1/48. For the rest, they are great toys and i do love my collection of V.2. Anyhow this is the curse of Macross toys, right? Every new generation, one step forward two steps backward...i guess i got used to it.

I agree with every word you say, GU-11. Although i would love to see a recolor of the Arcadia YF-19.

Well, if Arcadia gets their hands on the Macross The Ride IP, we may just see that.

TBH though, I've love to see Bandai's VF-19 Advance redone in YF-19 markings for a second run, since I missed out on it the first time.

My understanding is that the bundled Yamato YF-19 w/Fold Booster does not have the off center gun problem. There is an easy fix for making the rear landing gear cant outward. I still like my Yamato YF-19 but I only keep my valks in fighter mode. If price is an issue and you do not plan to fly around the house and transform, I think the Yamato bundled version is a good choice.

My understanding is that the bundled Yamato YF-19 w/Fold Booster does not have the off center gun problem. There is an easy fix for making the rear landing gear cant outward. I still like my Yamato YF-19 but I only keep my valks in fighter mode. If price is an issue and you do not plan to fly around the house and transform, I think the Yamato bundled version is a good choice.

Yamato also did a reissue on the YF-19 with the fixed gun and landing gear not long before they went under. It's easily identifiable with the new illustration on the box.

11347.jpg