Hi-Metal R

joppewo

How big does that look next to the 1/60 Warhammer... er, I mean Tomahawk do you think?

Where's the blue one from SH?

I'm guessing the Glaug will be smaller. The blue VF-1J Max is from the Hi-Metal line. Now it is called Hi-Metal R.

Edited by sh9000

Hey, just wondering. My order of the VF-1J Armored from amiami and NY both had a plastic bag wrapped around the box. Is that something Bandai or the distributors provided?

Maybe they wanted to sell them as mint collector's condition so that in many years to come they will become vintage collectables.

But then vintage usually applies to toys that were made at the time of the airing of the source material.

Hey, just wondering. My order of the VF-1J Armored from amiami and NY both had a plastic bag wrapped around the box. Is that something Bandai or the distributors provided?

Maybe they wanted to sell them as mint collector's condition so that in many years to come they will become vintage collectables.

But then vintage usually applies to toys that were made at the time of the airing of the source material.

Does the applied plastic wrap that came from Ami and NY looks identical? If it is, then it's safe to assume that Bandai distribute it that way. If not, then the distributors/online stores somehow wrap the items properly before shipping. ;)

They were identical. It was my first time seeing it in a mid tier toy.

Hmm... somehow this practice is kinda random from Bandai. Some item I received from them have plastic wrap and some don't. Hmmm. Curious.

But then again, it's just plastic wraps. And toys are meant to be opened and play with. ;)

Hmm... somehow this practice is kinda random from Bandai. Some item I received from them have plastic wrap and some don't. Hmmm. Curious.

But then again, it's just plastic wraps. And toys are meant to be opened and play with. ;)

"Just" plastic wraps???!

You clearly have no appreciation for mint-in-sealed-box-sealed-in-plastic-manufacturers-bag....MISBSIPMB among collectors of such things... :rolleyes:

Guest davidwhangchoi

"Just" plastic wraps???!

You clearly have no appreciation for mint-in-sealed-box-sealed-in-plastic-manufacturers-bag....MISBSIPMB among collectors of such things... :rolleyes:

Hahaha! Should we discuss this with Mr David? ;)

😀😎👍 Lol Edited by davidwhangchoi

Sweet! Another restock. I'm liking the availability of this. Gives me hope to get the VF-1S and 1 or 2 more Regults. Also gives me hope that I will be able to pick up future releases.

Like others, I'm all in for this line. Hope to see even more enemy releases.

Me too. I wanted the Hikaru VF-1S since the first time these came out. I told myself I was only getting Hikaru's valks back then since he'll have all the types. But this time around with all the different mechs... it's going to be hard to stay within those perimeters.

I finally got mine today. It's a nice little figure, it will look amazing next to the Glaug and Regults.

My complaint would be about the content of the box. Instead of providing filler parts for the giant gaps of this figure behind the head and the sides of the chest and give us the best looking possible figure we get the "spent missile parts" which to me is absolutely useless and kind of seems like a cheap way to have completists buy at least two of these to display one in each setup.

So yeah I like it, but I want mostly the enemy mechs and Destroids.

Also if you're having a dangling chest part it's most likely because you haven't pushed the chest armor down enough, mine is rock solid

I'm buying it because Loop's buying it... he seems like a smart guy...

:p

Haha, I buy everything so you may not want to base your decision off of me :p

Oh actually I am cancelling my VF-2SS pre-order and I never cancel Macross pre-orders.

Mine finally arrived in the mail. First impression is that it's much more robust and nicer than I expected it to be. Transformation is pretty easy and the armor parts stay on well.

My only nitpick is probably the lack of ratchet joints, especially in the knees. Because of my OCD, it takes me forever to get everything lined up perfectly and symmetrically in a neutral standing pose hehe.

I know how you feel Archie, I can be very OCD about things too. I did not even think to expect ratcheting joints on this due to the size, but that would have been a great idea if it was possible. I don't think I have encountered a valk this small with ratcheting joints before.