HLJ have the bandai 1/100 kits back in stock.

I placed my order for the Mave already. :wub:

They're not actually in stock just yet, but they should be in soon.

I was quite glad to see that the resin kits are getting re-released this month too. That is, unless Platz delays even the re-releases... <_<

I did a bit of googling today, and was quite surprised to find that all of the Yukikaze manga has been scanlated! It's only one book, but still :p

It's rather odd, and it deviates from the anime at times, which leads me to wonder if it's closer to the novels than the OVA. Its author is Yumi Tada, the character designer for the OVA.

http://www.perseveration.ru/index.php?sect...ubsect=non-yaoi

I also found a Yukikaze fansite with a few interesting links. By far the best of them, though, is a collection of blog entries summarizing the Yukikaze novels!

http://www.absolutetrouble.com/yukikaze/extras.php

Wow, great find, Valkyrie.

JAM: *appear*

JAM: *fire high speed missiles at Yukikaze and Faun*

Rei: Crap, now I have to use my unmanned plane to protect the manned one. God hates me.

Yukikaze: Lalalala I can't hear you.

Rei: !

Yukikaze: *makes Faun shoot down the missiles approaching her*

Yukikaze: *makes Faun dodge the other missiles*

Test pilot: Erk.

Yukikaze: *tosses Faun about like a boomerang, shoots down JAM*

Test pilot: *expires*

Yukikaze: *gives Faun an experimental shake*

Yukikaze: *waggles Faun's wing flaps*

Test pilot: *is still dead*

Yukikaze: Looks okay, no pieces fell off, will put us on course for home.

Rei: ...

Yukikaze: The fuel injection software's kind of horked though.

Rei: .......

Yukikaze: Rebooted! All systems clear. :D :D

Rei: HOW CAN IT BE ALL SYSTEMS CLEAR, I THINK YOU OVERLOOKED A SMALL DETAIL.

Yukikaze: ._.?

Jack: Someone get me a bottle of Scotch, a copy of Asimov's Laws of Robotics and a sledgehammer. STAT.

Edited by electric indigo

The Mave will be re-released also. HLJ just screwed up and re-listed the first version of the Supersylph instead of the Mave.

:huh: Are you sure about that, HLJ status record is still discontinued. Geez I really hope you're right.

Hey Steve68, buying recast is evil. <_<

• 2 weeks later...

I received my yukikaze artbook. :lol:

It's a beautyfull book, packloaded with tons of production sketches detailing every aspect of the design.

A must have if you're a plane/mecha geek like myself.

PS: HLJ shipped my MAVE kit by Platz today. B))

Two, actually. Yamashita & Takeuchi, the main designers of the harware, issued the "Blue & Purpre" artbook, a comprehensive collection of their artworks & sketches. The book was sold at Comiket only, and seems to be still raising at YJ! auctions. Then there's the book that's part of the BluRay release, "FAF Technical Orders"; as reported by Valkyrie, it has even more artwork that's not part of the other books.

I already feel sorry for your wallet.

What impressed me most about the artbook is how these guys churn out one revolutionary aircraft design after another, and then go deep into the details.

Absolutly! They've gone so far in technical details you would believe those planes are for real.

Like how the engine works, the landing gear, the way they fly. So much life like decription you feel like reading an aeronautic book.

And of course all the sketches help you having a better understanding of the model you're gonna build.

plus the super cute FAF chan gallery

Then there's the book that's part of the BluRay release, "FAF Technical Orders"; as reported by Valkyrie, it has even more artwork that's not part of the other books.

I'm in trouble here. I would buy the bluray mainly for the artbook but my money has already been spent for more figures. :wacko:

I added it to my 'must buy list' for next month. ^_^

Edited by CAIN MKII

Two, actually. Yamashita & Takeuchi, the main designers of the harware, issued the "Blue & Purpre" artbook, a comprehensive collection of their artworks & sketches. The book was sold at Comiket only, and seems to be still raising at YJ! auctions. Then there's the book that's part of the BluRay release, "FAF Technical Orders"; as reported by Valkyrie, it has even more artwork that's not part of the other books.

I take it that the first book is pretty rare and hard to get (and probably really expensive)? Is the second book part of the BluRay release any good? How big? How many pages? Any scans? How much and where do I order? If I were to only get one, would the BR-DVD book be okay or will I pine for more? hehe...

Oops, just read your discription back on pg 22 - wow! $200 - that's a lot for a set of BR-DVDs... too rich for my blood for such a small sized book.

Edited by wm cheng

Is there any difference between the 2 Platz Supersylph kits, besides the extra missiles in the second kit? They are the same price and just want to get the best Supersylph I can get.

Chris

Whoa! It's extrem man! I can't wait to see the final result. B))

Now I just received my platz Mave with other great model kits.

But I'm a bit disapointed, it doesn't include a set of missiles! :(

modelkitswx7.th.jpg

• 1 month later...