1/24 scale valikuree.....

mslz22

Sorry for the semi blurry pic, the light on the canopy is messing up my camera focus...anyway just a quick shot of the clear canopy. Doing some fitting on the interior and canopy, both need a little trimming depending on how you want to position stuff, but like i said it's easier to trim than add material. The canopy comes out pretty darn clear, right now my finger prints are all over it but with a little buff it should be good...if you want it super, super clear you may want to do a compounding and dip in future, but that will be up to the individual modeler, I don't think i can get it any clearer/glossy than it is right now..

thanks

mike

Also should be getting my test shot decals in the next day or so...also got the price on them $13.00 sheet...not bad but not cheap either, JT Graphics is doing them and going the extra mile by doing double white on the kites and skulls etc...that is why it is expensive, but the black of the tail fins should not bleed thru...

006-4.jpg

Ahhh crap....I'm really sorry, i just plain forgot about them....I am going to the post office on Tues or Wed...will send them out then.

mike

No worries really man. I just didnt want you to forget. I can see you have been busy with more important things. Im just sorry i wint be able to support this effort like i did with the monster. A roof over the head and food on the table are more important. Keep it up though someone has to master all this goodness.

Decals are looking like a good fit so far, getting a bit more done on the test build. For the cockpit display panel, i really toiled over making it a flat panel with a decal or making all the little bumps and switches etc...I think I am pretty happy with the decal, looks much neater than i could get it with the raised surfaces and trying to paint on the details. I am a terrible interior painter when i am in a rush....I bet most of you guys could paint circles around me....

thanks

mike

019-3.jpg

022-1.jpg

Anyone interested can PM me for pricing info, I did my best to keep the pricing low for something this big. Right now my plan is to bring a few to WF then when i get back start filling any kits here....

thanks

mike

That is great news. Can't wait to see the final product. Idea on a sales price?

I should be done with this on Friday or Sat, pretty much just need to paint the gunpod and the head lasers...after that i will get some good pretty pics and will be sure to include a soda bottle or can for size ref..

thanks

mike

Can you put a can of pop beside this beast so we can get a sense of scale for the finished monster?

Up to about 95% done, gunpod and head lasers attached, but hard to see in these pics. Taking these pics was a bit of a test shot to see how it would look with the lighting/backround set up here...I kind of stink at pic taking and need some practice...Still needs a few odds and ends, especially the clear parts that go on the wing. Some stuff is still not glued down yet, like the tailwings, i will glue those in place after i transport it back and forth from WF, then they can be secured in the proper position, right now they are a bit wonky. Pic with soda can for sizing..

thanks

mike

034.jpg

031.jpg

023.jpg

012-3.jpg

010-6.jpg

009-3.jpg

Any chance you will put on landing gear and the missile racks?

Sorry for the long delay in updates, getting ready for WF is crazy sometimes...

Anyway i have a batch that is going with me to WF, i leave tomorrow and will be back late Sunday night (hopefully) Once i get back I will start taking care of anyone here.....

thanks

mike

I've been to busy to parouse the boards lately, so I took a break and MAN!!! That came out SHAWEEEeeeet! Excellent work Mike! I'm sure you'll kick butt at WF or break somebody's foot if you drop that on them :lol: - MT

Sorry I didn't jump in on the first run, but I was wondering if you will be making a fast-pack version? If you are, I can at least plan my finances a bit better and save for it.

Hey Guys, it was great meeting everyone at WF....I am still recovering a bit but what a great time! If anyone here wants a kit, PM me, i have a few spots open. Right now the plan is to run only 1 set of molds for this, it may change but my gut tells me to keep this one very, very limited. I would like to do a fastpack add on at some point, if so it will be an add on, no need for another kit. I can't make any guarantee that i will make an add on fastpack, a lot depends on how much time i have over the next year or so....

Once I get caught up a bit i will be starting another macross themed project......

thanks

mike