Heads up b&n are having a 50% off sale in store only until 27th

B&N... you mean Barnes & Noble? Hmm. The last time I was up there I don't recall that they had much more than "HG" Wing Zero and Deathscythe Hell kits from a long time ago, and maybe an RG Strike Freedom or RG Destiny. I might go check it out. I mean, I know they used to have a few Build Fighters kits (specifically Wing Fenice and Sengoku Astray)... maybe they restocked with a BF Try kit or two since I was there.

B&N... you mean Barnes & Noble? Hmm. The last time I was up there I don't recall that they had much more than "HG" Wing Zero and Deathscythe Hell kits from a long time ago, and maybe an RG Strike Freedom or RG Destiny. I might go check it out. I mean, I know they used to have a few Build Fighters kits (specifically Wing Fenice and Sengoku Astray)... maybe they restocked with a BF Try kit or two since I was there.

And it's selected kits so not all on their stock which is lame as hell.

I decided to start the prep work on my titanium sinanju. Got frame parts gunmetaled and white parts pearled. That's at least a progress thing for today

Guest davidwhangchoi

i haven't been to my B&N for a long time

And it's selected kits so not all on their stock which is lame as hell.

I decided to start the prep work on my titanium sinanju. Got frame parts gunmetaled and white parts pearled. That's at least a progress thing for today

guys, when does the rg 78-3 come out? i'm going to look for one once it's available.

i haven't been to my B&N for a long time

guys, when does the rg 78-3 come out? i'm going to look for one once it's available.

Should be any day, most likely closer to the end of the month just like the RG 00 Riser. I'm kinda twitching for it.

I finished stickering my MG Sazabi Ver. Ka (all but three of them). All it needs now is a flat coat and it can take its place next to the Nu Gundam.

This kit is a blast but it seems it doesn't like me very much. I broke the thumb of one of the manipulators, broke the shin armor, misplaced stickers and the panel lining on one leg is barely visible.

I really wish for a Metal Build version of this suit. What I like most about it is the white trim on the legs, hip armor and shoulders. It breaks up the wall of red pretty nicely. The LED gimmick is kinda useless. Even if it is on and the room is dark you can barely make out the light.

I try to make some pictures after I coated it but I need to wait for better weather.

Now onward to the RG Justice Gundam.

So, I finished Delta Plus.

post-187-0-31813300-1429674074_thumb.jpg

This kit is something of a mixed bag. For starters, there's not a lot in the way of extras, including no extra fists for the left hand, and a solitary beam saber hilt that doesn't store anywhere on the kit (even though they give you two blades). But you do get this extra thing.

post-187-0-77665900-1429674097_thumb.jpg

You need that to transform into waverider mode, and I have to say that the Delta Plus has one of the better-looking waverider/mobile armor modes. Almost makes me want to buy a second kit to display in that mode.

post-187-0-76736400-1429674105_thumb.jpg

Except you're not really transforming anything. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind popping off a part here and there and rearranging some, like the bigger kits. But you're really not doing that at all here. You're basically taking the wings and limbs off and sticking them on that other thing you built. In fact, when you have the Delta Plus in waverider mode, you actually have this much left:

post-187-0-78112800-1429674119_thumb.jpg

Indeed, with everything pulled apart and ready to be reattached in either mode, you have quite a pile of parts.

post-187-0-12518400-1429674133_thumb.jpg

This is fairly typical of HG kits, I gather, but I wish they'd stop. Just make a awesome mobile suit kit, and a cheaper waverider mode kit for the people who want a waverider. It's too much of a pain to transform, there are concessions to the transformation that diminish the mobile suit mode, and you're wasting money on a huge hunk of junk to replace half the actual mobile suit in waverider mode.

Perhaps even more egregious are the parts that aren't color accurate. As is typical with HG kits, there's stickers to add some color; in this case, mostly white around the thrusters on the legs and the back of the skirt armor. What bugs me, though, is that Bandai is concerned that you'll miss the white trim on those areas, but molds one of the shield pieces and the beam saber hilt in purple. Both of those parts should be entirely white, and the A runner even has white parts on it. You're on your own with the saber, but they give you a sticker for the shield. The problem is that the sticker only covers maybe a third of the part. Needless to say, I wound up painting instead of using white stickers (although no panel lines, except for on the hoses on the legs... my Gundam marker just doesn't show up on the dark colors used for this kit).

post-187-0-27432800-1429674088_thumb.jpg

Still, the Delta Plus was one of the cooler mobile suits in a series filled with cool mobile suits. I'm complaining because the Delta Plus isn't as good as other Unicorn kits like the Unicorn and Sinanju, but I'm still happy to have a Delta Plus in the Detolf.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I just picked up this mag while waiting for a food order.

Damn how do you rotate photos from iphone?😁

post-14069-0-92148400-1429742071_thumb.jpg

post-14069-0-36833400-1429742094_thumb.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

haha, i took vertical shots but they end up sideways.

I think it's actually a glitch here cause it happens to me once in a while.

Anyone order chars origin zaku? I just got notice from hlj that mine sent out last night. This should be very interesting of a build I really wanna see how different it will be compared to the original HGUC and RG versions in person.

Anyone order chars origin zaku? I just got notice from hlj that mine sent out last night. This should be very interesting of a build I really wanna see how different it will be compared to the original HGUC and RG versions in person.

Nah, I guess I'm going to have to live vicariously through yours. While I dig that it's actually redder and less pink, and I'm into the sniper rifle, I kind of feel like the rest of the kit would be a let down from the RG version. Same reason I'm not going to get the Revive version of the RX-78-2. I actually need to cut back a little; I spent a lot recently upgrading some of my other love (my PC), so aside from the AGE-1 that's in the process of shipping still and the RG G3 that I preordered, I'm really not looking at much more than the Revive Guncannon and the RG 00 right now.

Anybody in the mood for custom builds?

Always! One of these days, I'm going to talk my wife into letting me get a 3D printer. I'm going to leave out the part where I mostly want one for custom gunpla...

Gunpla expo in japan has a couple interesting releases. Shame all but 1 are exclusives.

- HG 1/144 Freedom Gundam (REVIVE)

- P-Bandai Exclusive: MG 1/100 Turn A Gundam Moonlight Butterfly Ver.

- P-Bandai Exclusive: MG 1/100 Turn A Gundam Moonlight Wing effect Part

- P-Bandai Exclusive: MG 1/100 Mega Bazooka Launcher

- P-Bandai Exclusive: RG 1/144 00 Raiser [Trans-AM Mode] Gloss Injection Ver.

Gunpla expo in japan has a couple interesting releases. Shame all but 1 are exclusives.

I guess Freedom is pretty popular (it's probably my own favorite from SEED, but that's not saying a lot). Still, I was hoping for Revive versions of older stuff, like a lot of the Zeta and ZZ kits sorely in need of upgrades.

Bigger bummer is that the red Zeta Plus is only going to be sold at the event. Guess I'll be stuck with the gray one...

Edited by mikeszekely

Guest davidwhangchoi

i'm going to try and get that trans am one...

Bigger bummer is that the red Zeta Plus is only going to be sold at the event. Guess I'll be stuck with the gray one...

Agreed. That coloring is exactly what I want to do with my Zeta Plus.

With regards to customs, I don't think I have enough imagination to do a full custom. But I did once do a minor custom on my HG Aile Strike (the original release, not the HGCE version) because the Strike pack wings in the kit were dinky small and terrible looking.

customaile01_zps4xpmotmt.jpgcustomaile02_zpso4dqjfhj.jpg

HLJ has a sale going, so I thought I'd pick up a few items. I've always liked the Zeta Gundam MSA-005 Methuss, so I got one of those, a Blade Liger, and the SD Iron Kong. Got 'em all in Warehouse waiting for the Methuss (backordered).

That Blade Liger looks amazing...I was gonna pass, but I guess it's pretty limited, so I just said 'f' it. Life's too short, and I already have a long list of 'didn't get it when I should have' regrets.

I think it's actually a glitch here cause it happens to me once in a while.

I did! Lol! It's my first 1/144 since my deathscythe hell back in '98/99! The ship-destroying rifle drew me in! Also got that origin tristar, bummer they had that 1/account limit at hlj. Might get another from ny.

Guest davidwhangchoi

You and me both

i hope it's not too hard to find.

I got the BANG Ver and it's a really great kit. I love the little organoid of zeke.

David you and me both man. It's my favorite villain looking Gundam.

yep definitely my favorite.

I was having a lousy day, but one good thing happened... the AGE-1 Normal kit I'd ordered forever ago finally arrived! Looks like it'll be a fun little kit, although I probably won't start it until tomorrow or Wednesday, as I'm busy with other things. And when I'm not, I'm playing a Gunpla-related videogame... Gundam Breaker 2. I go into more detail about it in the "All Things Videogame Related" thread, but suffice to say if you have a PS3, you like videogames, and you like Gundam/Gunpla, it's a fun and import-friendly game.

I was having a lousy day, but one good thing happened... the AGE-1 Normal kit I'd ordered forever ago finally arrived! Looks like it'll be a fun little kit, although I probably won't start it until tomorrow or Wednesday, as I'm busy with other things. And when I'm not, I'm playing a Gunpla-related videogame... Gundam Breaker 2. I go into more detail about it in the "All Things Videogame Related" thread, but suffice to say if you have a PS3, you like videogames, and you like Gundam/Gunpla, it's a fun and import-friendly game.

Age-1 normal is definitely a great kit. As far as the show went. The highlight was the second arc everything else was kind bad.

Getting back into the gunpla scene though. Just ordered a

HGUC Dreissen UC Ver. And a HG super custom Zaku F200

Really excited about this two

Guest davidwhangchoi

Well here's the progress on the Vrabe. Just a touch of clear blue and silver can really bang your kit.attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

i'm planning on getting the Vrabe next since i got those amazing lev A and D. but i'm starting a new job soon so don't know how much time i'll have. i'll find out after the first week, hopefully i'll have time.