The Macross Quarter. DX Chogokin

And cheese! Don't forget the cheese! :p

The cheese would be what holds it in right? So to get your new toy out of the rock and broken glass packaging you would have to cut the cheese! :blink:

I sincerely appologize for the preceeding bad pun.

I've read that the Bandai Quarter is going to be half the size of the Yamato SDF-1, making it 1/1000 scale

I don't think it works that way.

actually, you're right... it does work out to be that way...

ok.....so how big is the macross quarter toy compared to the yamato sdf-1?

the yamato SDF-1 cruiser mode is about 2 feet long, the Quarter stands about a foot tall in attack mode. so depending on how long the quarter toy is in cruiser mode, it's going to be between 1/1000 and 1/1500 scale.

What?!

At first I thought he was wrong, but recalculating it, he appears to be right.

Presumably the quarter is 1/4th the size of the Macross. So at 1/2000 the quarter is 6", but if the toy is half the size of the Yamato toy that would make it 1/1000 at 1' tall...

so if the "presumed" measurements are correct then he would be correct that the scale would be 1/1000.

At first I thought he was wrong, but recalculating it, he appears to be right.

Presumably the quarter is 1/4th the size of the Macross. So at 1/2000 the quarter is 6", but if the toy is half the size of the Yamato toy that would make it 1/1000 at 1' tall...

so if the "presumed" measurements are correct then he would be correct that the scale would be 1/1000.

Wrong.

Presumably, the Quarter is 1/3 the size of the Macross. Remember, the Quarter is 1/4 an NMC. NMCs are 1600m, SDFNs are 1200m.

So, at 1/2000, the Quarter is 8", but if it's half the size of the Yamato, it's 1/1000 at 1' tall.

I wants both...

The good thing about super dimensional craft is that you can be more flexible with scales (unless you're a purist of course). Me, I gotta become rich real soon if I want to start my Macross fleet.

Get 4 SDF-1s, name them Macross, Megalord, Unnamed, and Global.

Also, get 2 Quarters. One is Quarter, the other... I forget what I named him...

I really hope this can

OH MY GOD, IT HOLSTERED THE FLIGHT DECK!

:)

Wrong.

Presumably, the Quarter is 1/3 the size of the Macross. Remember, the Quarter is 1/4 an NMC. NMCs are 1600m, SDFNs are 1200m.

So, at 1/2000, the Quarter is 8", but if it's half the size of the Yamato, it's 1/1000 at 1' tall.

I wants both...

oh yeah you're right after a quick look up.

So the quarter is an odd scale of 1:1333. I wonder how accurate the statements of the Bandai quarter being half the height of the Yamato SDF

Math:

q=size of real quarter

r=size of model quarter

s=size of real SDF

t=size of model quarter

3q=1s

2r=1t

t=s/2000

So,

2r=s/2000

2r=3q/2000

r=3q/4000

r=q/1333

Get 4 SDF-1s, name them Macross, Megalord, Unnamed, and Global.

Also, get 2 Quarters. One is Quarter, the other... I forget what I named him...

I really hope this can

OH MY GOD, IT HOLSTERED THE FLIGHT DECK!

:)

The name was not the Quarter, it was the Macross, and it was a 400meter class wasn't it?

The namesake Macross seems like the Starfleet tradition of having an Enterprise in the fleet at all times, it was just good luck.

Actually, it really was called the Macross Quarter and not just Macross. The class of ship is not known, but judging from things said by some of the characters in the show, it is likely the first of its line. It has the Macross name because of it being a vessel with transformation capabilities, but Quarter is part of its official name as well.

oh yeah you're right after a quick look up.

So the quarter is an odd scale of 1:1333. I wonder how accurate the statements of the Bandai quarter being half the height of the Yamato SDF

Math:

q=size of real quarter

r=size of model quarter

s=size of real SDF

t=size of model SDF

3q=1s

2r=1t

t=s/2000

So,

2r=s/2000

2r=3q/2000

r=3q/4000

r=q/1333

Hm... Sounds right. If we went by supposed scale, then the following is what I'd go by.

q=Quarter

r=RealQuarter

s=SDF

t=RealSDF

3r=t

2q=s

s=2

t=4000

so,

3r=4000

2q=2

therefore,

r=400

q=1

Corrected for true size:

2q=s

2(1)=2

2000(2)=4000

3(400)=1200

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that there's 3 Quarters to an SDF-1, and the SDF-1 is 1/2000 scale, and the Quarter model is 1/2 the size of the SDF-1 Model...

A bit complex and jumbled up, but...

The name was not the Quarter, it was the Macross, and it was a 400meter class wasn't it?

The namesake Macross seems like the Starfleet tradition of having an Enterprise in the fleet at all times, it was just good luck.

Name: Macross Quarter

Class: Quarter

I've got a bit of a fictional thing with another Quarter-class ship, and I forgot what I named it. I figured the class name would be MQ. Like MQ-1 Macross Quarter, and MQ-2 Macross I forget what I called it. I'm working on the story.

• 2 weeks later...

All I want to know is when and actual price. As long as it's not some stupid web exclusive I'm hoping the price won't be too bad. This and a 1/2000 Macross are going to be awesome when they come out.

I am really happy to know that the earlier rumors of it being a pocket sized toy were BS. The size sounds good to me and it looks amazing, Can't wait to see it in full color!!!

Thanks for posting the new pics guys!! B))