Macross VFs in Mekton

Andras

I registered a little while ago but haven't posted much. I've been working on doing up Macross mecha in Mekton over the years I thought I'd toss up what I have and let you guys look it over and nitpick :D Be sure to read my notes please.

Question, have VF-22s ever used FAST Packs in one of the series? I haven't seen Frontier or the spin off movies.

ETA_ Instead of linking to specific documents I'm sharing the folder so I don't have to keep updating the links when I make a revision

Edited by Andras

Thanks, I watched a couple vids on YT of how the VF22 models transformed and I decided to make the lower leg covers separate 'pods' that will hold a SRM launcher and a missile hdpt bay. The internal dorsal launcher was reduced by half as before I had them all in one big launcher.

Edited by Andras

• 2 weeks later...

I've gone back and cleaned up some things.

I researched all the gunpods and tried to bring them into a structured order.

I put the gunpods into the pdf w hardpoint missiles and FAST packs as well as with each appropriate mecha

Gunpods that only do 1 damage get tracer ammo, Gunpods that do 2 or more damage get AP ammo.

I added the AAMS-02 advanced SRMs to the Hdpt missiles list

The VF-22 has to use the hdpt bays to hold the gunpods unless carrying missiles

Fold Booster is designed as a FTL Mecha Rider that can attach to a VF weighing up to 80 tons. When attached the VFs MV is -3.

I'm sharing the folder instead of individual files to make it easier to keep up with changes, so check back every now and then.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2MWVpzB0HSIcjdnbjRXMDVxS28&usp=sharing

RTG still has it. They are working on a new edition with faster combat geared towards role playing instad of tabletop

http://rtalsoriangames.wordpress.com/2013/06/04/mekton-zero-the-designers-notes-2-3/#more-340

So let’s get things clear from the start—Mekton Zero isn’t going to replace Mekton Zeta andZeta Plus. It’s actually meant to enhance them. See, M-Zeta and Zeta+ are great construction systems. You can build freaking anything with them—I have seen hardcore gearheads make toasters with the system just to prove it’s possible. If the parts aren’t there in Zeta, you can even use Zeta+ to MAKE the parts you’ll need in Zeta. So it’s incredibly cool and flexible.

What it isn’t is roleplaying friendly.

So Mekton Zero uses several tricks to simplify this process; a unified hit system derived in part from theMekton SI system in the Mekton Referee’s Screen; several multi-layered damage systems that can be resolved by rolling dice instead of ticking off numbers, and an attack system that modularizes combat into “katas” that accurately reflect a series of actions in a single technique rather than a series of discrete moves. All of these changes are designed to speed combat and better simulate the action you would actually see in a real mecha anime show.

Mekton was, after all, designed to be a roleplaying game, not a tabletop wargame. So by adding afilter level to the original rules; the gaming equivalent of a simple programming language translating underlying binary code, roleplayers can now concentrate on the activities of roleplaying, not mecha building, mecha book keeping and tabletop wargame mechanics.