VF Girls

polidread

Hi Ho! Polidread here, just dumping my stuff to share with kindred spirits.

Maybe someday i'll get to put them somewhere like a formal arranged webspace or page so browsing can be better for all of us.

someday and somewhere. :D

and for our first beauty: VF-1 with swapped parts

post-5-1090437446_thumb.jpg

and then, another one, or another TWO.

still rendered in markers and pencils, caveman me should go out and learn graphics programs for coloring this crock, huh?

obviously, as this is the internet, i can never stop you from "borrowing" these images, but the only legitimate editing you can do to these babies is resizing them.

otherwise i'd cry my eyes out. nyah nyah

post-5-1090439803_thumb.jpg

the more i look at the first pic the more it looks like it's more or less based off the vf on the cover of the old snes macross game

here's a link to an image from the game's case...

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/games/...sscrambledf.jpg

Very nice, but your VF-1S has many VF-19 elements to it, helmet, shoulders, gunpod, like them all though.

Thanks for pointing that out, yup, the VF1 girl does have some parts from the VF19, that's why i said she had some swapped parts...there must be other parts from other VFs in there, since i wasnt using a reference for the first drawing when i did it...

the more i look at the first pic the more it looks like it's more or less based off the vf on the cover of the old snes macross game

here's a link to an image from the game's case...

What a nice coincidence, but nope, that's the first time i saw that cover art...

must be something like a case of great minds thinking alike :p

there's a 3d Macross game for the snes?!?

Now it would be really cool if someone had the desire to design an actual costume and get someone (females only please, as I would hate to see some dude wearing bikini underwear) to wear it...

Sir, one of the VF Girls costume is under works, by the same group who came up with these three costumes:

You'd have to be in the Philippines to catch them tho :p

post-5-1090514183_thumb.jpg

Now it would be really cool if someone had the desire to design an actual costume and get someone (females only please, as I would hate to see some dude wearing bikini underwear) to wear it...

Sir, one of the VF Girls costume is under works, by the same group who came up with these three costumes:

You'd have to be in the Philippines to catch them tho :p

Oooohhhh!!! So Gundam Girl's gonna wear the costume from one of those sketches?

Those flight suits aren't half bad, a little more work and they would be fantastic, the beef up the forearms and lower leg units and widen the shoulders. The helmets look nice too, almost as good as those Yammie Helmets.

I absolutely love it! Let's see some more!

I wonder if this signals the return of valkgirl month or something...

VALK GIRLS! VALK GIRLS! VALK GIRLS! VALK GIRLS! VALK GIRLS! VALK GIRLS!VALK GIRLS! VALK GIRLS! VALK GIRLS! VALK GIRLS! :wub::D

Those flight suits aren't half bad, a little more work and they would be fantastic, the beef up the forearms and lower leg units and widen the shoulders. The helmets look nice too, almost as good as those Yammie Helmets.

I was hurriedly finishing these costumes for a local convention, so i wasnt able to give them correct details. <_<

And after spending some more time looking at still pictures and screen caps, im more confident in the corrections im going to give those flight suit parts that youve mentioned; along with the chest monitors, backpacks, belts, and other accessories.

For the Helmets, those Yammie helmets should give me a great reference...

I'm installing more foam padding and chin straps, just to secure it for the wearer(going to be more uncomfortable wearing them in a room without cold air conditioning tho :p)

...i'll have them finished just in time for completing the rest of the Skull Squadron,(along with the Valk Girl costume!) when's that? i have no idea :rolleyes:

thanks for the input Knight. :)

post-5-1090567266_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
just curious but...do you have a penciled version of the -21 you colored?

i did begin drawing them with pencils, but ive inked them already.

i have inked lineart of all the VF girls scanned in, and if you guys have tips on how to (photoshop) color them better, i'd like to learn from you too :)

im sure im still just standing on the tip of the CGI iceberg when it comes to my artwork, im more used to the traditional methods of coloring

... like color markers for my earlier VF Girls!

ValkyrieValkyrieGirlava.jpgExcaliburExcaliburGirlava.jpg

ThunderboltThunderboltGirlava.jpg

post-5-1099192034_thumb.jpg

Edited by polidread