The silhouette looks a little Su-47 Berkut-ish.

I hope there are design elements that clearly set it apart from -29/-30 although its obvious that's where it is being developed from.

We know the odds are very good that many elements from the YF-30 toy will be also true of the VF-31 (hence why Bandai bothered making the YF-30). Soooooo... pretty good bet the VF-31 is a YF-30 with different wings and some canards (which likely means a big missile pod). I really hope the real stabilizers on the VF-31 pivot upward to get tucked into the back... I really hate the way they drop down on the YF-30 battroid.

Given what the poster showed, I think the tails are much more incorporated into the wing structure this time, it looked like the tail roots stretched nearly the entire chord of the wing, so there's going to be no stupid spinny-pin-hinge tails this time. At best, they'll probably fold flat.

Now, if they can just get those hand covers to look a little more streamlined in fighter mode. The YF-30 ones weren't terrible, but they didn't blend in very well at all when the hands were inside.

Also, I'll be interested to see a new take on the gadget copter launcher, hopefully this one actually has the option of folding away.

loving that siloutte, im looking forward that VF-31.

ill pay anything they ask me for with this:

attachicon.giftumblr_mjlmlzPWd81s4rdzuo1_500.jpg

agreed!

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of wallets suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."

J5Qkv.gif

Screw the wallet.. I may as well just give Bandai direct debit access to my bank account! :rolleyes:

So the vf-31 silhouette is a yf-29 with winglets instead of tail-wings, huh?

apart from the style of the rear main wings which we still haven't gotten a proper look at but overall its silhouette more so resembles a 30.. I reckon anyway.

Edited by spanner76

Guest davidwhangchoi

at least initially NO STADIUM LIGHTS in the launch pic. (but i think i saw a shadow of it in the trailer) since it's not mandatory and optional. best news ever.

So all the VF pilots are chicks?

While most of the SV pilots are dudes?

I'm very interested in hearing about why there's an SV anything at all. I thought those were long gone before the first space war. I'm looking forward to finding out about the story for this series.