YF-29: 30 Anniversary Version "VF-1S Scheme"

ff95gj

The new super parts look much better than the ones that were meant for Alto's YF-29. I did not like the way they used colors that did not match the fighter on the original set. The new set is color matched and looks more seamless and natural on the fighter. I don't know why they chose that blue color on the original set, I thought it clashed with the red/white/black colors.

Got mine today from AE. Qc wise, a small yellow smudge on the white plastic next to the wing. Luckily was able to scratch off most of it with my fingernail. Fighter mode doesn't feel as tight fitting as my red one. All the joints are decently tight in battroid including the missile bay doors on the legs...for now. We all know they will get loose sitting in one position, but it is what it looks like, and am satisfied.

Just came across a pic of the green tinted scraped version :( ... Couldn't they at least leave the clear parts on the nose green like in the original 29 release? Lack of paint on the stand is also a bit of a slap in the face.

Just came across a pic of the green tinted scraped version :( ... Couldn't they at least leave the clear parts on the nose green like in the original 29 release? Lack of paint on the stand is also a bit of a slap in the face.

I agree Twoducks, they should have left the green for the clear parts on the nose and I was also surprised they did not paint the stand. They did the same thing on the VF-171EX when I feel like they should have put a NUNS logo on the base. As far as the YF-29 30th, it does not have any SMS logos on the wing but it does have the the markings on the leg. This to me is enough to include a stand with the SMS logo on it if that makes any sense.

I agree Twoducks, they should have left the green for the clear parts on the nose and I was also surprised they did not paint the stand. They did the same thing on the VF-171EX when I feel like they should have put a NUNS logo on the base. As far as the YF-29 30th, it does not have any SMS logos on the wing but it does have the the markings on the leg. This to me is enough to include a stand with the SMS logo on it if that makes any sense.

also haves SMS 030 in the back of the wings right ? white letters on white plastic ?

Edited by Drackie

I still would love to know what kind of insane (lack of) thought process they've got going on that would result in WHITE SKULLS PAINTED OVER WHITE PLASTIC.

Seriously. I mean, Bandai has made some pretty stupid decisions about their Macross Frontier stuff before, but that's a whole 'nother level of dumbassery.

Now.. I do wonder if there was some kind of mixup in terminology, and the skulls were supposed to go on the tails... But that just means whoever was doing the actual painting obviously has no clue about Macross, or aircraft in general.

Edited by Chronocidal

also haves SMS 030 in the back of the wings right ? white letters on white plastic ?

Weird, I only thought it had white skulls painted on the white part of the super parts. Will report in tomorrow after work, as it should be here.

I still would love to know what kind of insane (lack of) thought process they've got going on that would result in WHITE SKULLS PAINTED OVER WHITE PLASTIC.

Seriously. I mean, Bandai has made some pretty stupid decisions about their Macross Frontier stuff before, but that's a whole 'nother level of dumbassery.

You never know, maybe they will change it by May. They made changes to the fighter before release. Here's to hoping they are smart enough to catch it.

**Edit**

I just looked at one of the gallery's that was posted a page or 2 back, and sure nuff Bandai is dumb enough to tampo white markings on white plastic. I never noticed the SMS on the wing... Maybe this in not a anniversary edition but a "special edition" :wacko:

Edited by Loop

this image (and isn't the only one) is what i refer, look at the right wing:

Maybe some monitor configurations doesn't let to see the white letters

I have a pretty nice S-IPS monitor that is pretty accurate in colors although I had the mode set wrong. I was not really looking at the pics cause I have one coming in. I just thought of one good thing about the white on white lol, at least you won't notice the paint chipping like on other Bandai valks.

When the valk starts to yellow we'll get to see the white markings. Maybe a special effect that bandai was plannig ahead?

:lol:

The white markings on white should win Bandai the “Gurren Lagann kick reason to the curb” special prize in recognition for ballzy and crazy scheme designing. Have to tilt laptop screen to see them…

Those clear parts are molded in color or can they be tinted to another color? I've seen modelers do it from transparent to tinted on the MF valk model kits.

Edited by Twoducks

sugoii nice pics !

i can´t wait to have it :3 i ordered but will take some time, but with this pictures again confirm, that i like the white even more than the red one :) i have a fast pack for the red one (but the valky don´t) , i will use that pack on my 30th version :3 i hope that be cool hhaha maybe don´t :p .. I can´t wait !!!

I gotta be honest, I actually kinda dig the white tampograph against the white plastic. It's subtle but I actually like the way it looks. Probably in a minority opinion here though.

those SMS 030 are ok, the real problem is on the superparts... they put the skull white on white wings ... that´s what i´m worried about :S, the SMS 030 means that they are really capable to do it... i hope they put the skulls black or gray...

Edited by Drackie