YF-29: 30 Anniversary Version "VF-1S Scheme"

ff95gj

i really hope that they give us a surprise and improve the valky with more tampo printing and some skulls in the fins

ban dai is now saving some surprises of the releases in the last models that doesn´t are in the promotional pics ,

and i can see that the paint of this valky in the promotional pics it´s hand made, so, the real one surely it´s different, maybe is not mate finish

in some pics we see that the paint is had made, also the skull, so the model haven´t the real tampo or paint, i really hopes that the finished one surprise me,

more because i already preordered hahaha

http://www.500rpm.co...71506142358.jpg

Edited by Drackie

I don't think that'll take away sales from Bandai. Those that will be interested in getting these non-canon color schemes probably have the money to get both this one and the YF-29.

I still think Bandai outsells Yamato by far if what veef says is true about Bandai's production runs being more than Yamato's, but are still selling out anyway while a lot of Yamato stuff ends up in clearance sales.

I don't think that'll take away sales from Bandai. Those that will be interested in getting these non-canon color schemes probably have the money to get both this one and the YF-29.

I still think Bandai outsells Yamato by far if what veef says is true about Bandai's production runs being more than Yamato's, but are still selling out anyway while a lot of Yamato stuff ends up in clearance sales.

It might also have to do with the fact that Yamato is releasing so similar products so close to each other. VF-19s and VF-19f, then you have VF-17s and VF-17d. How can these not end up on a sale if the initial retail price is almost the double!! The people who will go all out and buy each and every variant cannot be that many. You can buy almost as many as 3 VF-1s for the price of a VF-17, so it's not the same. It also did 3 batches of VF-19 Kai with only a few months intervals and eventually some stores have had to put that on sale too!

Edited by Dimis

.... :( I liked the green better.Made the thing pop out. The half Decepticon scheme gets eaten up by all the white: The cool contrast between black and pulple gets lost next to the white and just becomes a solid mass of dark.

Also miss the orange-ish finish....

Ami-ami has the new pics in all modes and in big size:

http://www.amiami.co...T-2516&page=top

Edited by Twoducks

.... :( I liked the green better.Made the thing pop out. The half Decepticon scheme gets eaten up by all the white: The cool contrast between black and pulple gets lost next to the white and just becomes a solid mass of dark.

Also miss the orange-ish finish....

Ami-ami has the new pics in all modes and in big size:

http://www.amiami.co...T-2516&page=top

I prefer the bright yellow but definitely wanted the fluorescent green canopy. Maybe they did it so as to keep the purple of the YF-29 as a color referring to the original, the way the yellow refers to the VF-1s? Although there was some green too on the nose. Come to think of it the YF-29 was rather busy!

Edited by Dimis

While I like the purple tint better, I too preferred the old yellow to the new color but it's not bad though. Biggest disappointment, for me, is that they still aren't putting skulls on the v. Stabs.

Chris

Well, if I had been able to pre-order one, I'd be cancelling it. I much preferred the green, but I *hate* the change in the yellow.

Fokker/Jolly Rogers yellow isn't "yellow". It's orange-yellow. That was even its official name years ago. (nowadays it's "insignia yellow" but it used to be called "orange-yellow")

That's an issue Bandai has always had, but Yamato usually got right---using a rich orange-yellow for Fokker's colors.

No!No!No! what have u done Kawamori SAN !!! it s just Awfull in this new scheme !!!

U have destroy my teenage dream with the new blu ray version of "macross do u remenber love censored version" and no you continue with this garbage new scheme ..fluo yellow everywhere purple and black don t match together the original scheme was so far better !!! it s a anniversary version not a clown version !!!!

I really dont know if I will keep it or resell it very quickly very very disapointed green match so much better with the black ....

Mr Kawamori stop to imitate spielberg altough Spielberg said that the 20th anniversary edition of E.T was an horrible mistake

How can people prefer this scheme to that and clearly the 1/72 yf 29 canopy was orange not purple :

post-1438-0-70591500-1348690370_thumb.png

post-1438-0-74752400-1348691238_thumb.jpg

Edited by isamu-ad

ATTN: Yamato...please release a VF-19 with THIS color scheme.

You'll take away sales from Bandai ten fold.

They would be better off selling "Blanks" and offering after market decal sheets for customers. Either way the customer can customize their valk however they want...

No!No!No! what have u done Kawamori SAN !!! it s just Awfull in this new scheme !!!

U have destroy my teenage dream with the new blu ray version of "macross do u remenber love censored version" and no you continue with this garbage new scheme ..fluo yellow everywhere purple and black don t match together the original scheme was so far better !!! it s a anniversary version not a clown version !!!!

I really dont know if I will keep it or resell it very quickly very very disapointed green match so much better with the black ....

Mr Kawamori stop to imitate spielberg altough Spielberg said that the 20th anniversary edition of E.T was an horrible mistake

How can people prefer this scheme to that and clearly the 1/72 yf 29 canopy was orange not purple :

Dude, I don't think it's that serious. The coloring could be a little better, but everyone's buying one, so in essence, you're just fine with it.

Honestly? My favorite scheme on this plane is the one I got from swapping around parts.

post-907-0-23296200-1348730245_thumb.jpg

I'm tempted to order a couple of the Ranka versions too to experiment, but mixing the darker blue pieces from the Sheryl version with the white fuselage from Alto's looks great. Not sure I love the orange canopy, but the purple clashed with the blue enough that it looks a little better.

I still can't believe anyone at Bandai actually considers that fugly scheme a "VF-1S tribute." Though, given the other things they've completely missed before, I suppose it's not that big of a surprise.

I like the scheme for the batroid mode, quiete nice (so was the original one too actually), but the fighter mode looks very strange, awkward actually with the black front and noce cone, yet the wings white.... In my opinion, this would be much nicer if they did the front white like the wings (nose cone and pilot area), and keep it black only from where the skull starts. As I would keep it most of the time in Batroid mode, it is not a disaster, but still, paying for this to be nice in at least 2 of the modes, otherwise one could just get the model....