turbokit option? These jets get FPs? :p Interesting.

Whats the go everyone? Should i get the anime and watch it? Or is it too homo to bear? :p Innuendo isn't so bad just as long as they don't do a Will Farrel on us. What is with that guy, fricken 3 movies he's off frenching a guy at the end. >_< Taledega Nights was a laugh though. :lol:

Don't hesitate, take the anime, it's awesome.

The homo side isn't that odvious or disturbing unless you have a problem with that.

I don't care myself , I'm only interested by the fighter action and they 're among the best.

Hey! there's a copy of the amazing yukikaze artbook at a very nice price here:

yukikaze artbook on ebay

Geez I bought mine one hell of a price.

Edited by CAIN MKII

ruskiiVFaussie, the only thing you really have to worry about is that one of the main characters is the only anime character I know who was designed to look like a bearded lady. Other than that, theres hardly any kinky stuff at all.

Well, asides from that scene where Rei is painting the Yukikazes nose and bearded-lady-man is watching his sweaty, naked, back longingly... or all the stuff about thrust. And joysticks. Cockpits...

:p

And are? :p If anyone has a pic it will be really appreciated. :D

These are the only pictures I've found.

You'll have to deal with a blurry Youtube vid for in-flight action. Don't expect it to be some kind of add-on like the Fast Packs in Macross. The only extra are the extra air vents on top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE8D4Yzsh-4

post-1730-1201088988_thumb.jpg

post-1730-1201089016_thumb.jpg

Edited by TSP

ruskiiVFaussie, the only thing you really have to worry about is that one of the main characters is the only anime character I know who was designed to look like a bearded lady. Other than that, theres hardly any kinky stuff at all.

Well, asides from that scene where Rei is painting the Yukikazes nose and bearded-lady-man is watching his sweaty, naked, back longingly... or all the stuff about thrust. And joysticks. Cockpits...

:p

lol!! cool thanks man. :D I'm still not sold on it, too expensive. If i ever do need to grab a Yukikaze it will be a cheaper smaller make.

Cool! Thankyou TSP + electric indigo for digging those pics up. Looks kewl. :)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I was just looking at stuff at Amazon.jp (after seeing that my Blu-Ray box just shipped :D) and I noticed a couple new additions:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%90%E3%83%B3...8623&sr=8-5

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%90%E3%83%B3...8623&sr=8-4

Looks like the Yukikaze EX kits are being re-issued! Amazon says they're due out feb. 25th. I'm hoping that the Rafe will be re-issued along with them. I still need one of them.

Yes, This 1/38 model is a must have, a holy grail. Was it mass produced or just a one off.

I would like one but sadly I don't have room for such a monster.

Too bad there aren't more photos of the engine, so sweet.

Hey,you remembered the artbook on ebay. Geez the auction ended at 255 usd. :blink:

Finally no regrets,I didn't paid mine that much. ^_^

Edited by CAIN MKII

Hey! there's a copy of the amazing yukikaze art book at a very nice price here:

yukikaze artbook on ebay

Geez I bought mine one hell of a price.

Goddamn, it sold for $255! Looks like you got a good price on it after all!

I got my Yukikaze Blu-Ray set a couple days ago, and it's pretty impressive. I bought it mainly for the art book and the 1/200 diecast Mave, and I was quite pleased with both. The art book is a bit small, the size of a blu-ray case, but it's 200 pages long. It's mostly mecha art, with accompanying text, 35 pages of characters, and 25 of various settings. Lots of great art, much of which hadn't been published before.

The diecast Mave is great too. The proportions and paint job are all perfect. There's a couple gaps that are a bit large, but there's no screw holes or anything that'd make it look overly toy-like.

I don't have a blu-ray player yet, but I was able to watch a bit of it on a friend's PS3 yesterday. I watched a bit of episode 1, and it looked pretty damn good. And as promised, english audio and subtitles are available. The only bonus features are on disc 3, which is only 33 minutes long.

Definitely the best part of it is the 5 minute 'Yukikaze Experimental Movie'. I'm kind of at a loss to explain it tho. There's no subtitles, so I couldn't understand the narration, and there's no obvious story going on. There's a lot of short animation scenes, many of which are obviously new, but there doesn't seem to be anything tying them together. Nothing that would add to the story either. But then, I could be missing a lot from the dialog.

But it's definitely worth watching, if only for the new mecha scenes :D

The only other thing on disc 3 is a a conversation between Isaku Okabe (military affairs journalist) and Satoshi Akatsuka (aviation photographer). Okabe was also the mecha commentator in the Fairy Air Force at War DVD. Again, no subtitles :(

Thank you Valkyrie for the additional shots. Is there a way to contact the maker of the kit. Geez it's so focking great.

By the way, is there a lot of original sketches in the blue ray artbook we won't find in the "Fairy at war" booklet or in the unofficial dojinshi artbook?

Yukikaze Blu-ray set coming to the US for 150.00

http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/disc_reviews/7131.php

* Japanese 5.1 TrueHD Language

* English 5.1 TrueHD Language

* English Subtitles

* 6-minute Yukikaze Experimental Movie

* 28-minute feature “Aircrafts in YUKIKAZE from pilot’s eyes”

* 20-page full color SAF Flight Manual

* Deluxe packaging: An exclusively designed gorgeous box with outer Box illustration: original work by Yumi Tada (character design) and inner Jacket illustration: original works by Kohichi Hashimoto (animation character design)

We don't get the extra book and the toy. No big deal IMO

Rightstuf has this for 112.00

here

Wow, that's really surprising... I never would have guessed they'd be bringing it to america. I dunno how they're expecting to make money on it though, since it kinda flopped in america. That, and you can get the regular DVD set for a mere $30 already.

I kinda want it for the english version of the SAF Flight Manual. Bandai Visual does really good english liner notes. The subs on disc 3 would be nice too. But I don't think they're worth enough to me to get me to double dip on something this expensive.

And Cain, there's some duplicate art in all 3 books, but there's still a lot of new stuff in the blu-ray book.

I don't care about the US blu-ray if the artbook is missing. I love this kind of stuff and I won't take the chance to miss anything published on the mecha design.

I'm gonna email celga to catch the blu-ray ed for me on amazon.jp, just for the book. Looks pretty thick,must be loaded.

I don't care about the US blu-ray if the artbook is missing. I love this kind of stuff and I won't take the chance to miss anything published on the mecha design.

I'm gonna email celga to catch the blu-ray ed for me on amazon.jp, just for the book. Looks pretty thick,must be loaded.

Don't bother with Celga on that one. You can order it from amazon.jp yourself. There's a link on pretty much every page that changes the ordering information to english. The item description and stuff will remain in japanese, though.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-language...anguage=en%5FJP

This is a tempting purchase, if I were more sold on the Blue-Ray format, I'd jump on it. Glad I have a couple months to think about it. These is a good sign in general though, if BV is jumping on something BE already licensed, then there's an even better chance now that we could get the recently re-remastered Gundam Movie box with original audio, and the licensing gods permitting, DYRL!