Ghost in the Shell Anime Film 2015

IXTL

I hope it will be a bit more accessible than GITS Innocence.

Innocence is better on multiple views. And after reading the story from the manga. I don't think animation quality of this will be the same as Innocence though.

• 2 months later...

Motoko looks a bit better but this is confirmed an Arise movie now. I thought it was going to be something more.

Also it's never a good idea, even if it's an anniversary year, to show all the previous well regarded series then to preview the most recent one which isn't as good. It makes you wonder what happened with the new one.

• 3 weeks later...

So the Alternative Architecture remix of Arise began broadcasting last night. It adds two new episodes and then splits all 6 eps in two so they can get a 12 episode season.

Interestingly, they opted to START with episode 4 for some reason.

New opening by Maaya Sakamoto is nice.

Also, in the commercial break there was an advertisement for the new manga claiming that it has links to the upcoming Hollywood adaptation.

Hmmm...

So the Alternative Architecture remix of Arise began broadcasting last night. It adds two new episodes and then splits all 6 eps in two so they can get a 12 episode season.

Also, in the commercial break there was an advertisement for the new manga claiming that it has links to the upcoming Hollywood adaptation.

Hmmm...

Interesting. I wonder if they are going to add some scenes and do the previous 3 as a flashback or something?

If the Hollywwod gang adapting GITS are working together with Shirow, I feel a tad better about the upcoming adaption.

Hmmm...

Starting with the last and best episode of Arise is strange. It's like I posted somewhere that the direction of this series is strange. Like they didn't have a clear idea of where they were going with the series.

So far all the versions online cut out the new opening. Someone put up the music though. It is good and the best from the Arise series so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7DuRYkthjU

Did they show any artwork? This is the first I've heard of a new Ghost in the Shell manga.

I'm a huge GITS fan, Arise, while not the best, is still a good installment into the franchise. It delves into the formation of Section 9 (maybe not the way we all know and love it, but still...).

They could have made another SAC with the origin of Section 9. But maybe the people that worked on it were tired. And even then, the small bits we saw of younger Motoko in SAC were good enough for me. Sometimes we don't need the full history of a character unless it's something really interesting.

If the Hollywwod gang adapting GITS are working together with Shirow, I feel a tad better about the upcoming adaption.

I still haven't read Man Machine Interface yet. From what I heard it's not as good as the original.

As much as I prefer the original creator being involved you never know. Look at what happened to Star Wars. I think Quentin Tarantino might be right. He talked about how directors start going down when they get older. That might be true.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since I went through MMI, but I filed it under "unreadable" afterwards.

That bad. I just read about it being full of fan service somewhere. I'll probably get it soon to see for myself. Is there a version to get that isn't censored like the original Ghost in the Shell manga.

That bad. I just read about it being full of fan service somewhere. I'll probably get it soon to see for myself. Is there a version to get that isn't censored like the original Ghost in the Shell manga.

As far as I know, it was uncensored from the start. There was no two-page contentless sex scene to cut.

If it WAS censored, it was self-censored, and there's no actual inked pages to restore.

As I recall, there WAS a footnote in one of the pages where Shirow goes "technically, everyone should be naked here, but this was getting excessive even for me."

(Paraphrasing, I haven't flipped through it in a while)

Edited by JB0

Fanservice? In a Masamune Shirow manga? I'm absolutely shocked and appalled! Such a thing is inconceivable!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Odd to hear the Major's voice from all previous incarnations coming from a different character. Looks good, but nothing really new or groundbreaking.

SAC ended too soon.

Odd to hear the Major's voice from all previous incarnations coming from a different character. Looks good, but nothing really new or groundbreaking.

SAC ended too soon.

I know I certainly heard her SAC actress in the narration.

• 4 weeks later...