Macross Books

Penguin

Those three official creator's magazines look nice - can you post the ISBN's so it's easier for me to find?

I only have the Sheryl Nome photobooks and the movie guides. Womp womp.

From memory they don't have ISBNs because they were only ever sold at events and via the anime center in Akiba, not thru regular retail chains.

BUT there will be signed editions available as prizes at from satellite at Otakon this weekend ;-) (2 sets of three).

Edited by Tochiro

From memory they don't have ISBNs because they were only ever sold at events and via the anime center in Akiba, not thru regular retail chains.

BUT there will be signed editions available as prizes at from satellite at Otakon this weekend ;-) (2 sets of three).

Thanks for the info and links!

What's that 6000 yen one? Is that a single book of all 3 books?

• 2 weeks later...

Meet my new acquisition. Not sure exactly which one this is, but it's pretty much all Mylene. If anyone has info on which book this actually is, I'd appreciate it.

That's the Macross 7 Sketchbook B.....it is the much easier to find of the two Macross 7 sketchbooks (actually, there is a Macross Dynamite 7 sketchbook that has proven to be even more difficult to find).....here is the Macross 7 Sketchbook A....it took me a while to find it.....

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=29133&view=findpost&p=967163

That's the Macross 7 Sketchbook B.....it is the much easier to find of the two Macross 7 sketchbooks (actually, there is a Macross Dynamite 7 sketchbook that has proven to be even more difficult to find).....here is the Macross 7 Sketchbook A....it took me a while to find it.....

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=29133&view=findpost&p=967163

Yeah, I've been on the lookout for that one since I saw it about 4 years ago on a website. Found this one, and although I knew it wasn't A, I wasn't sure if there was a C, or D book either. Got this for about $20.

Yeah, I've been on the lookout for that one since I saw it about 4 years ago on a website. Found this one, and although I knew it wasn't A, I wasn't sure if there was a C, or D book either. Got this for about $20.

Only A and B from what I have found...of course, it seems I find new books/printed media that I never knew existed all of the time.......the thrill of the hunt makes this part of the hobby fun.....wish I felt the same about recent Bandai releases....maybe in 30 years? :rolleyes:

Macross Character Special Volume 22

gallery_12176_640_13992.jpg

gallery_12176_640_35814.jpg

Macross Mechanic Special Volume 23

gallery_12176_640_61823.jpg

gallery_12176_640_45460.jpg

If you already own these: http://www.macrosswo...ries_tia1_2.htm Then you are good to go......basically lineart/character art and storyboards for 2 episodes...just like the "red" and "blue" "This is animation" books :)

Edited by jvmacross

As far as I knew there was 8 volumes of the Arii/Imai Macross "Magazine for Anime and Hobby Fan" booklets.......Volume 8 is probably the hardest to find......

This booklet is not numbered, however, it is also an Arii/Imai booklet....it seems to be announcing the arrival of the SDFM TV show (most likely shameless promotion to drum up interest for their upcoming kits! ^_^ )....

I had never run into this one before so I assume most have ended up in many a Japanese landfill..... :(

I'll call it "Magazine for Anime and Hobby Fans" Volume Zero! :D

gallery_12176_640_18354.jpg

gallery_12176_640_39715.jpg

gallery_12176_640_29090.jpg

gallery_12176_640_124710.jpg

gallery_12176_640_84072.jpg

gallery_12176_640_120988.jpg

gallery_12176_640_86039.jpg

gallery_12176_640_29217.jpg

Same size as the other ARII/IMAI booklets.....

gallery_12176_640_71081.jpg

Edited by jvmacross

Is there a thread discussing the BOOK referenced on the news on Macrossworld's front page?

http://www.macrossworld.com/3014/macross-the-movie-gold-book-released-as-e-book-for-30th-anniversary/

I would love to order this but I am not in Japan so not sure if it will work or not. I could not find a thread relating to it in search or looking around, so I figured I'd ask in this books thread.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Are there any books with schematics/ortographic depictions for all Valkyries/Destroids and Zentradi variants?

Not for all of them and definitely not all in one book....

The Master Files books are probably your best bet for the VF-1...they also have covered the VF-19, VF-25 and soon the VF-0...plus they are easy to find as they are newer releases.

Older Macross books do have what you are looking for but, again, not for EVERY VF.....as for the Zentradi weapons....I think only the Regult has been given a nice schematic representation....

For destroids, I can only remember the Spartan having a nice schematic done....I would need to go through my books to see if other destroids have had a schematic illustration made for them...

Speaking of Destroids, a Master Files book covering all of them should definitely be considered by GA Graphic!!!......Maybe someone in Japan can suggest that to them? :rolleyes:

Guest Courfid

Not for all of them and definitely not all in one book....

Indeed, that would be quite the undertaking!

It's easier to find good reference pictures in general for Valkyries, so I'm more interested in the Destroids, mainly because they are more detailed and have more boxy designs that are hard to draw freehand as opposed to the more sleek Zentradi/Meltrandi designs.

I understand if you don't want to scour your books for pictures like this, but perhaps you could tell me which books I should be on the lookout for, or if there's an online source aside from the Macross Manual? I'm really interested in seeing the Regult and Spartan schematics you mentioned.

As for the Destroids in general, a Master File book would indeed be a god send, but I'm going to keep my expectations in check on that front for now. They just aren't very popular in comparison to their airborne siblings.

Edited by Courfid

Is there a thread discussing the BOOK referenced on the news on Macrossworld's front page?

http://www.macrosswo...th-anniversary/

I would love to order this but I am not in Japan so not sure if it will work or not. I could not find a thread relating to it in search or looking around, so I figured I'd ask in this books thread.

Thanks!

There sure is, here is the most recently active one AFAIK:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=15775&hl=%2Bgold+%2Bbook&fromsearch=1

But if you search the forums for the words "Gold Book", then you can access many more similar threads from the past.

Guest Courfid

Do any other fellow Macross book collectors know if the lineart found on the Takatoku Toy boxes and the promo posters: http://www.macrosswo...tional-posters/ can be found in a previously published Macross book?

I have looked in what I would have imagined to be the best source, the Perfect Memory Book, but I cannot find them. ;)

I would like to know this as well.

• 1 month later...

Very very impressive Veffidas....

Especially one of the last four doujins (Blue Mind) ....

Don't you have some difficulties to obtain it??

Maybe it's against you i've tried to won it....without hope...

Well thanks to show them...

Just add this, seen here few years ago..

Haruring World

post-1010-1237590496_thumb.jpg

And an another one but i don't find the pic for the moment...

The famous "Macross Special featured volume 0 " by Art Material.

akim.

Just to say there is this doujin "Haruring World" is back on Yahoo auction!

ccmrd700-img418x576-1349831905lms46611545.jpg

http://page10.auctio...tion/m101122762

http://www.macrosswo...attach_id=64756

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Still have yet to buy the SDFM version...but has anyone purchased this one yet? Really like the cover....Tenjin? I can only assume a Mac F volume will be released....would be nice if they did at least a combo book for Mac 0 and Plus....if stand-alone books are not possible....

518gmd7rxSL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I have no clue what it is, or what's in it.