My Macross Fanart Gallery

nel2012

You know I love your art. But there is something strange going on with the directionality of the light in the Isamu pic. I think the shadow that his left arm is casting on his body is throwing me. It makes it look like he's being lit below, and directly toward his back, but obviously that's not the case.

• 3 months later...

Excuse me, mind if you could draw Minmay in her DYRL outfit? That's in time for her 20th Birthday this 10th October

Edited by needforspeed

Excuse me, mind if you could draw Minmay in her DYRL outfit? That's in time for her 20th Birthday this 10th October

not a bad idea, and it is time for me too to continue finishing this huge drawing I started exactly one year ago :)

not a bad idea, and it is time for me too to continue finishing this huge drawing I started exactly one year ago :)

OI! If it's this huge, then there is a concern it had reached a Zentradi height!

-CLUTCHKICK! (Basara Nekki)

it is really huge, today I finished Misa ... :) I am making a portrait of each character separately , then I´ll put allgether along with some valkyries too

MisaFinalcopia.jpg

Very Nice!!

Misa never get's the love Minmay does...

I always thought Misa had more fans than Minmay! I am one :D thanks Zinjo...

Here is Ishtar finished :)

Ishtar_tintas_final.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

*bumps* back in here, this is my latest macross related finished drawing, I started it months ago, and I also have to finish that big "anniversary poster" too :p

To Falconkpd: I do not plan to draw them , but why not , maybe some day, I love all macross characters, even the ones from the games :)

MrMarch: thanks! Ishtar is one of the sexiests uh? :p

This Alto picture was inspired on a cosplayer I saw over at DeviantArt (http://jaicca.deviantart.com/art/Macross-Frontier-Alto-Saotome-311488336) .

alto_s_dream_by_neldorwen-d75jmy9.jpg

Edited by nel2012

• 4 months later...

*bumps* the big macross poster project is back to life!

hi guys... here is Shin Kudo posing :D just three more to paint and then everyone will see the final ensemble.

Shin_finalcopia.jpg

Excellent work. I like the pose as well. I think maybe a more Earth-bound background would work better simply because most of Shin's story took place planet-side. But otherwise, great work as always.

thanks! I am only using this same background as a quick finishing for each of the drawings that I´ll put alltogether later in the final "poster" :)

Your poster idea is sounding like my future desktop wallpaper :p hehe

Excellent work!

Thanks!! then I´ll make sure to do both versions of it, portrait and landscape ^__^

Edited by nel2012

• 3 months later...

*bumps*
my big Macross project is about to be completed, after two years since I started it . You all will see it finished this week, which I am on my holidays , after so long....

Here is Silvie Gena , one of the last portraits I made of each of the characters :)

60afa5353032030.jpg

Edited by nel2012

*bumps*

my big Macross project is about to be completed, after two years since I started it . You all will see it finished this week, which I am on my holidays , after so long....

Here is Silvie Gena , one of the last portraits I made of each of the characters :)

60afa5353032030.jpg

This is going to be epic!

I really tried to draw her face with the "Mikimoto Style" so reading that it looks like it makes me happy , thank you Mr March. Here is Ranka-chan! only one left for the final "ensemble"

494807353304829.jpg

• 1 month later...

nel2012 this is very good work. The digital work is EXCELLENT. You are very accomplished in this area.

The initial drawing however do have some issues. Theses are mainly in the proportions and anatomy of the figures. From looking at your work I would hazard a guess that your initial figure construction is off.

In fact, for many of these, it appears as though you are not doing much if any figure construction before adding the clothes ( hence the radically long necks, legs and hips that don't connect properly with the torso etc). Also the foreshortening on the arms of your figures tends to be hit or miss with the result that often they appear to short.

With a little work ( studying anatomy and more figure drawing) I'm certain that you can overcome these small issues and improve you work quite a bit more - The skill is clearly apparent.

I would suggest drawing out the figures first, to get the construction and proportions to look right, and then adding the costumes etc after that has been accomplished.

My apologies If this is unwanted critique. It's just that you obviously enjoy what you do and I get the feeling that you want to be the best you can be at it So I thought I tell you what I see as areas where you could stretch yourself a bit.

If this post in anyway offends you ( I know this is a fan site not an art critique site) I apologize and you are (as everyone is) absolutely entitled to ignore everything I've written here.

Just to be fair, As you have shown your work feel free to have a look at some of mine, if you want. Some of it may be found at http://chas.portfoliobox.me.
Please don't let anything I've written discourage you in anyway. If you ignore everything I've said your work is still very good - as evidenced by all of the comments here and you should feel proud of it.

nel2012 this is very good work. The digital work is EXCELLENT. You are very accomplished in this area.

The initial drawing however do have some issues. Theses are mainly in the proportions and anatomy of the figures. From looking at your work I would hazard a guess that your initial figure construction is off.

In fact, for many of these, it appears as though you are not doing much if any figure construction before adding the clothes ( hence the radically long necks, legs and hips that don't connect properly with the torso etc). Also the foreshortening on the arms of your figures tends to be hit or miss with the result that often they appear to short.

With a little work ( studying anatomy and more figure drawing) I'm certain that you can overcome these small issues and improve you work quite a bit more - The skill is clearly apparent.

I would suggest drawing out the figures first, to get the construction and proportions to look right, and then adding the costumes etc after that has been accomplished.

My apologies If this is unwanted critique. It's just that you obviously enjoy what you do and I get the feeling that you want to be the best you can be at it So I thought I tell you what I see as areas where you could stretch yourself a bit.

If this post in anyway offends you ( I know this is a fan site not an art critique site) I apologize and you are (as everyone is) absolutely entitled to ignore everything I've written here.

Just to be fair, As you have shown your work feel free to have a look at some of mine, if you want. Some of it may be found at http://chas.portfoliobox.me.

Please don't let anything I've written discourage you in anyway. If you ignore everything I've said your work is still very good - as evidenced by all of the comments here and you should feel proud of it.

I really REALLY apreciatte THIS kind of feedback. Do not apologize, please! . Actually this is something I always wanted to hear (or read) about my drawings , because I tell you, I never studied drawing or illustration. NEVER. All I learn since I was little was by my own. Seeing the series on tv first, was the only thing I had. Then while growing up, I was able to find some source material. Even the use of photoshop in the last decade I learn it by myself, with tutorials, then the practice at work (I am a graphic designer) helped me a bit more. Sometimes , and is my biggest problem, I tend to draw too fast, because I am always in a lack of time. So I do not concentrate much in measures, proportions, or while coloring, the shades , as an example. I simply DRAW, freely, `know what I mean? ^^ so I thank you so much your words and I will take a look at your site! see you :)

• 6 months later...

*bumps* hi everyone, here I post my latest Macross drawing. It was a commissioned work for a huge poster, and before someone mentions it, yes, Misa has his tv series curls in her DYRL suit... lol! that was the only detail specially requested ^^

commission___macross_by_neldorwen-d8x5k7