The Walk is an upcoming 3D biographical film directed by Robert Zemeckis (Used Cars, Beowulf) about French high-wire artist Philippe Petit's walk across the World Trade Center's twin towers in 1974. Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Arthur in Inception, Johnny in Sin City: A Dame to Kill For) stars as Petit.

The film opens on October 2.

The Walk @ IMDb

• 4 months later...

That's a horrid trailer. I've seen the wonderful documentary on this event (Man on Wire), and I'm not sure why we now need a drama about it shot in 3D.

Completey agreed, the trailer looks pathetic. Hopefully Zemeckis has something up his sleeve with this movie because it's underwhelming at this point

That's a horrid trailer. I've seen the wonderful documentary on this event (Man on Wire), and I'm not sure why we now need a drama about it shot in 3D.

have to agree also.. I too have seen the documentary and I didn't think there was enough depth to it or any reason to dramatize it into a full fledged movie let alone shoot it in 3D? Meh.