Academy Model Kits

Galaxy_Stranger

Their later stuff is very good. By later, probably anything within the last 5 years or so. They make very nice things. Once upon a time, they used to be very affordably priced models as well, but lately, their stuff is just as expensive as many Japanese models like Hasegawa and Tamiya.

When Academy started, they often used Hasegawa stuff as the basis, but would change things like offering recessed panel lines instead of raised. The Academy A-10 and Early F-16 kits are a good example here (in 1/72 at least). These kits look almost identical, except they had recessed panel lines. Which is generally a really good thing. The fit and decals on those kits wasn't great though (especially the decals - wow!).

If you're into the F-35 or the F-4, their 1/72 F-35 and 1/48 F-4 are very nice kits.

Also, their F/A-18 1/72 scale hornets are very nice. So are their 1/32 offerings.

Nice, I'll have to hit those up. I've gotten into this thing where I'm finding the real squadrons that the various Valkyries were inspired by - Jolly Rogers & Thunderbirds, etc. Makes me want to build a Valkyrie side-by-side with it's original counterpart with traditional paint scheme. Also want to do the Sundowners and the Wolfpack. I think the Thunderbirds will be real nice and not too difficult to translate. I think the less-flashy Air Force style markings would be interesting as well.