VF-0S “PHOENIX” – 1/72 HASEGAWA MODEL KIT

Andrea

Dear all,

I’m new here and I joined this forum because I’m a great fun of “Macross” since I was a kid.

I’m a military modeler and, of course, I’m very excited every time Hasegawa announces a new model kit dedicated to “Macross” saga!

Vf-0s.jpg

The first model I built (2006), was the VF-0S piloted by Roy Focker in “Macross Zero”, the prequel to the original series produced on 2002. The Hasegawa kit has a level equal to its historical models and it is quite easy to built. Only little modifications was carried out by me: the frontal landing gear was turned on the left and I moved the control surface as if the plane was moving on the runway.

I painted my VF-0S by airbrush with different tones of light gray. An hard weathering work was made by me using oil colors but I suppose to have exaggerated the number and the intensity of the drips of dirty. At least considering that we are talking about an operational fighter.

At last, the model was fixed on a very high base in order to avoid the squashing sensation typical of any airplane diorama.

VF-0S01-1.jpg

VF-0S03-1.jpg

VF-0S04-1.jpg

VF-0S05-1.jpg

VF-0S06-1.jpg

VF-0S07-1.jpg

VF-0S08-1.jpg

VF-0S10-1.jpg

VF-0S11-1.jpg

VF-0S12-1.jpg

VF-0S16.jpg

I know that my VF-0S is not perfect but let me say that I’m very proud of this model that won several awards included a bronze medal at the World Model Expo 2014 in Stresa (Italy).

I hope you like this model and let me say thank you for all works present in this forums because they are beautiful and a great source of inspiration.

If you are interested in my models, please, visit my blog (under construction):

www.nonsolopanzer.com

or

http://nonsolopanzer.com/2014/07/22/vf-0s-phoenix-172-hasegawa-model-kit/

Thanks

ANDREA

Italy

Dear All,

Thank you very much for your comments about my Vf-0S!!

I’m very touched!

Let me say thank you also to Coronadlux and Electric Indigo for their visit to my blog. It is under construction so, please, suggest me any possible amelioration.

Yes, Electric Indigo, the Sv-51 that you have seen was made by me. It is the second and, at this moment, last Macross model built by me. I think it is better that this Vf-0S (it was more recent than this last one) and I’m going to show you it very soon.

Have a nice day!

ANDREA

(Italy)

Dear All,

Let me say thank you for placing my VF-0S in the MacrossWorld Facebook page!

Unfortunately Im not able to reply to the comments inserted there, so I would answer here to Nigel Hill who says: Beautiful, except that it is filled in behind the wing at the rear so the wings would not be able to sweep back. Is that normal or just a mod on this build?

Dear Nigel, you are right and you have remarked one of the worst defect of my model. When I made it, no additional parts were available and I chose to close the space necessary for the movement of the wings. Im not proud of this choice but, at that time, I thought it was the best one in order to hide the void inside the fuselage. Now I would proceed differently.

I'm very sorry but I hope you all like my VF-0S despite this default.

Edited by Andrea

Dear All,

Let me say thank you for placing my VF-0S in the MacrossWorld Facebook page!

Unfortunately Im not able to reply to the comments inserted there, so I would answer here to Nigel Hill who says: Beautiful, except that it is filled in behind the wing at the rear so the wings would not be able to sweep back. Is that normal or just a mod on this build?

Dear Nigel, you are right and you have remarked one of the worst defect of my model. When I made it, no additional parts were available and I chose to close the space necessary for the movement of the wings. Im not proud of this choice but, at that time, I thought it was the best one in order to hide the void inside the fuselage. Now I would proceed differently.

I'm very sorry but I hope you all like my VF-0S despite this default.

I"ll forward the message along!

Thanks very much again!!!

Dear PetarB, in 2006 I painted my VF-0S with Testors enamel colors but at this moment I prefer to use Mr Hobby/Gunze acrylic paints. For the Sv-51 I used them.

• 2 weeks later...

May be is not perfect for you... But it's perfect for many of us!! I hope that when I built my VF-0, it looks like yours!! It's gorgeous! And now... I'll go to your blog!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you again my friends!

Ter Ter, the Hasegawa kits don’t allow to move the control surfaces (flaps, etc.). It is necessary to separate them from the wings and tails using a cutter, rebuild them and place the new surfaces with the orientation desired. I made that both for this VF-0S and the Sv-51 showed in another discussion.

If you made the cutting work with great careful, it will be not necessary to rebuild new control surfaces. You’ll be able to use the same cut parts provided that, with putty and plastic card, you remake perfectly their perimeter.

It’s easier to do that than explain it by words…

p.s.

The VF-0S showed today in the home page is beautiful! I like very much the alternative liveries!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hello! What's the protocol for posting pictures of one's model kit on an older thread?

I searched "VF-0 Hasegawa MacrossWorld," which took me to this thread. However, it looks like this thread was made specifically by and for Andrea's model.

I built a VF-0 Hasegawa kit, and I'd like to show it off. Would it be appropriate if I did so in this thread? Thanks.

Just now, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

Hello! What's the protocol for posting pictures of one's model kit on an older thread?

I searched "VF-0 Hasegawa MacrossWorld," which took me to this thread. However, it looks like this thread was made specifically by and for Andrea's model.

I built a VF-0 Hasegawa kit, and I'd like to show it off. Would it be appropriate if I did so in this thread? Thanks.

If you'd like to show off your model, you should start your own thread! Strut Your Stuff!!:D