Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

HLJ wouldn't ship something like this via SAL as it has too high a list price. For EMS they automatically apply a 20% discount to the shipping cost, and in my experience HLJ tends to ship using smaller boxes and lighter packing material so there shipping prices tend to be a little lower on top of that discount. FedEx typically cost slightly more than EMS for smaller orders, but for larger/heavier orders it tends to be slightly less.

Would the blazer cost more than $300 shipped to the states with FedEx??

Can someone who bought the fire Valk from HLJ shine some light on this?

I am familiar with macross 7 as I have some of the bandai valkyries. However, I dont know the characters. Who is the pilot of this valkyrie?

A guy named Docker (did we ever get a first name for him?). He was in Diamond force with Gamlin then he went into a spiritia coma. A little while after Basara revived everyone he was assigned to the newly formed Emerald Force and given a shiny VF-19S.

post-2456-0-08424700-1317679009_thumb.jpg

A guy named Docker (did we ever get a first name for him?). He was in Diamond force with Gamlin then he went into a spiritia coma. A little while after Basara revived everyone he was assigned to the newly formed Emerald Force and given a shiny VF-19S.

post-2456-0-08424700-1317679009_thumb.jpg

i've seen a couple of ep. of mac7, but who flies the other vf-19f's? and any back story on emerald force? also i just pre-ordered it as well

i've seen a couple of ep. of mac7, but who flies the other vf-19f's? and any back story on emerald force? also i just pre-ordered it as well

I checked out episode 44 and Docker called them Voldick and Matthews after they got shot down like cannon fodders.

Emerald Force was supposed to replace Diamond Force, but Miria wanted to keep Diamond Force for protecting the city.

I guess I can't help it. I might get this one if my funding reaches that amount by Christmas time.

As much as I want to prioritize the 17, this one just really caught me upon seeing the colored product.

Oh, well, I guess I can grab this one since I might take up to Feb or March waiting for the 17 and watching reviews for any issues.

At least this one should be better than the Kai and the durability issues have been addressed.

Edited by kamadoma

Oh man that deep blue color is sexy as hell, this is so mine!

I wonder if we will actually get a clear plastic, tinted visor this time around.

I don't know why they painted the eyes on the kai. I know bandai has gotten away with it in the past, but I expect Yamato to use the clear parts on the visor section.

Edited by Loop

If you look on the HLJ sale page for the Kai, it says 2560 yen for EMS. So yeah, the Blazer should cost just under $300. Like $290 or so.

The VF-19S would get more love if, say, Max piloted one in one of the episodes.

I can't remember anyone likable or memorable in the Emerald Squad. That is a pity for VF-19S/F.

P.S. I may not like Gamlin if he is in another anime, but he is the most decent pilot in the series (besides Max, Millia and Chlore).

Oh man that deep blue color is sexy as hell, this is so mine!

I wonder if we will actually get a clear plastic, tinted visor this time around.

I don't know why they painted the eyes on the kai. I know bandai has gotten away with it in the past, but I expect Yamato to use the clear parts on the visor section.

Even the prototype pics of the VF-19S shows a red tinted clear visor, so I wouldn't worry. The fact that the Kai's eyes were painted had to do with the swappable faceplate.

The VF-19S would get more love if, say, Max piloted one in one of the episodes.

I can't remember anyone likable or memorable in the Emerald Squad. That is a pity for VF-19S/F.

P.S. I may not like Gamlin if he is in another anime, but he is the most decent pilot in the series (besides Max, Millia and Chlore).

Basara out pilots Gamlin. Even he admits it.

HLJ has the Fire valk for $259 right now plus $33.50 EMS shipping so $292 and change. FedEx is $37.50 so still just barrely under $300. It all depends on what the dollar to yen exchange rate does in the next... Month...

holy crap I had no idea this was coming so soon... :wacko:

Docker was a pretty good pilot and comparable to Gamlin, who loses his VF-17S to Glavil the same way (protodeviln kamikaze slam) as Docker.

Who cares who the pilot is lol, just buy it, its a VF-19!! And if you don't have the Fire Valk then this is a good alternative. I have the fire valk and will most likely be getting this one too.

That's precisely my feeling. I don't give a crap who the pilot is if I like the way the Valk looks. The pilot can be whoever I want to. Every single Valk I own could be simultaneously piloted by Bigger Johnson for all I care.

I figure the F can tide me over for a few years until they remake the YF-19. Anyone planning on doing any customs? Or at the very least doing some weathering/panel lining?

I think having a figure that belongs to a pilot you know or like does add a little something to the value of the toy. But design definitely trumps that. Plus with a grunt mecha you can add your own backstory to it, makes it a bit more personal.

Edited by Raptor One

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all the Emerald and Diamond Force pilots all wear the same style flightsuit anyway? Easy enough to just pretend it's Gamlin, or Kinryu.

Or, you know.. I'll probably get both the S and the F eventually, but I might repaint the S head with white stripes, and just stick the VF-22 Max figure in there. The yellow isn't all that bad, but I just like the white much better. Heck, I wonder how hard it would be to paint over tampo printing, even. Though, now that I think of it, I wonder what other colors might look good.

Blue with black stripes might go well with the darker details on the VF-19S. ^_^

Dangit Yamato, I want a paint-free gull-gray plastic version to put in VF-84 markings. :lol:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all the Emerald and Diamond Force pilots all wear the same style flightsuit anyway? Easy enough to just pretend it's Gamlin, or Kinryu.

Colors are different but otherwise the same.

post-32-0-33047000-1317794929_thumb.png

Well lets put it this way I don't really care who pilots the thing but Im kinda on the edge for buying due to the blue and docker doesn't help.

The blue is awesome, buy it!

Edited by anime52k8

I think they'd do it. Everyone whines about no locking chest and the gullet. Plus these new fatter robot modes make people go nuts. They'd be fools not to revisit imo Maybe macross plus isn't as popular in japan as 7, but the yf-19 is popular. I like this one the most because to me in robot mode it doesn't look like it is wearing pants. That frame around the ankle look bad imo.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

If they jut re-release the YF-19 with some sort of "neck cover" I'll seriously buy like 3 of them. The gullet I can live with but not the protruding neck/head >_< .

Being a fan of all three modes that would not suffice for me. It's too floppy in Gerwalk/Battroid for me to be happy with it.