What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

Inferno Cop is the best anime of all time.

As far as Sailor Moon Crystal goes, I like the premise of the new opening, and it's almost over-aggressive focus on the "girl power" angle. The original theme is entirely focused on the Usagi/Captain Capeman destined romance thing, and... well, that's only a small portion of the show, and not what ANYONE was watching it for. The new opening strikes me as far more appropriate to the content.

Also, I laughed when the single wistful romantic scene in the new opening animation was shut down by Luna and the girls. Best scene in the entire episode. :p

All that said, the original opening is a better tune.

Maybe they should've used the old english opening.

Don't hurt me! I'm sorry! I won't say it again!

Inferno Cop! Why has no one mentioned this series here, and go watch it right now!!

Inferno Cop! Why has no one mentioned this series here, and go watch it right now!!

It's bloody hilarious. And they're doing a sequel too!

Yes. It's a terrible thing, and you should feel terrible for it.

Fighting evil by moonlight... winning love by daylight...

Oh the hell with it!

Fighting evil by moonlight

Winning love by daylight

Never running from a real fright

She is the one called Sailor Moon!

She'll never turn her back on a friend

She's always there to THE end

She's the one on whom we can depend

She is the one named....

Sailor Venus

Sailor Mercury

Sailor Mars Mars Mars

Sailor Jupiter

Secret powers are so new to her

She is the one named Sailor Moon

(guitar solo)

Winning love daylight

Fighting evil by moonlight

With the Sailor Scouts to fight

She is the one named Sailor Moon

The one duh duh duh Sailor Moon!!!

(kill me please)

Watched the first 2 eps of Tokyo Ghoul, not bad.

I'm liking it too. Reminds me a bit of Shiki.

The second episode of Sword Art Online II was pretty decent. It seems they're taking their time developing their story this time around. It doesn't feel as hurried as the first episode was.

The second episode of Sword Art Online II was pretty decent. It seems they're taking their time developing their story this time around. It doesn't feel as hurried as the first episode was.

Yeah, it's WAY better than the first adaptation, which was... pretty godawful terrible.

Full disclosure: I've never watched past the second episode of the original, despite multiple attempts. It's POSSIBLE it completely reverses course and becomes tolerable after that, but I doubt it. Episode 2 is just such a MASSIVE hackjob of the story it's adapting that it immediately destroys any faith I could place in the rest of the show.

Also, Sinon apparently has a butt.

It's good that the animators are calling attention to this, I might not have realized it without their help.

Edited by JB0

Because for no reason this doubles as a news topic

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-07-15/retailer-media-blasters-to-release-holy-knight-anime-ova/.76708

WHY!?

Speaking of which, during my eroge anime adaption take on I am now diving into the infamous Muv Luv series that came out a couple years back. Horrid music aside "yes lets make this series start off about carnivorous aliens invading in the vain of Blue Gender and instead focus it on pointless racial dilemmas because social issues make stories good somehow for no real reason!" I expected the worst of this coming from bad fan service (which this has plenty of), but not from THAT.

Edited by DuelGundam2099

Watanabe's new show, Terror in Resonance, is a pretty good thriller/action series. Good story, good writing and OST by Yoko Kanno. 2 episodes in, I can warmly recommend it.

While I'm re-watching Attack on Titan I'm thinking about how awesome it would look if it was live action using a Hollywood budget. I bet it'd be bigger than The Hunger Games!

Yes, I know the Japanese are working on a live action film on their so based on that information my expectations are low :(

So, sailor moon crystal episode 2...

AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI

much squee. :wub:

While I'm re-watching Attack on Titan I'm thinking about how awesome it would look if it was live action using a Hollywood budget. I bet it'd be bigger than The Hunger Games!

Yes, I know the Japanese are working on a live action film on their so based on that information my expectations are low :(

well, here's at least a sneak peak of what it looks like in this commercial

http://youtu.be/NQkgmHEA5_E

Check out the how to make video as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbOOZM3hDMk

Edited by Gunbuster

So, sailor moon crystal episode 2...

AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI

much squee. :wub:

Quoted for truth, as they say.

• 2 weeks later...

I was cleaning up and ended up digging deep in my pile of dvds to pull out an old obscure classic... Miami Guns! Its pretty wacky, and more entertaining than I remember.

Miami Guns? I'm intrigued. I was sure it would be an 80's title with that name but a quick google search threw out that it was actually made in 2002. Any Don Johnson lookalikes running around?

Just watched GitS Arise - Border 3. It might sound like blasphemy, but I'm beginning to warm up to this version of Motoko, almost more than SAC Motoko. The Logicoma and her bike look pretty cool. Getting pretty used to the funny hair by now. Border 3 delves a little more into her private life, but I still prefer the Hideo Kuze story arc in 2nd Gig.

Still, Mamoru Oshii's version if my favorite by far.

Are Knights of Sidonia and Kill la Kill worth buying the DVD set for?

I'm a fan of both Sidonia and KLK som my bias says yes. Having said that, I'd recommend checking them out (both available for streaming) before taking the plunge.

In the case of KLK, Aniplex is continuing with it's Japanese style pricing model so it's 50 bucks for 4 episodes (i'm assuming you're based in the States) on DVD. I think the price for BD's is around 65. So it's really catered for fans.

As for Sidonia, I'm assuming that Netflix will let it sit exclusively on their system for while before a hard copy is made avalaible. This is their first anime co-production so I don't know what to expect from them pricewise.

Yeah, maybe I should stream a few eps of both show before getting the box sets.

Fortunately for me, I live in Malaysia, and for some reason, the box sets are dirt cheap; about 10-15 USD a set. They're not pirated, as they're sold at a pretty large video store, and have the original hologram stickers and all.