Macross Frontier Movie 1,YES it is subbed now edition

sharky

Going by the varous comments, it looks REALLY similar to the treatment most of the characters got between SDFM and DYRL... as in, the focus shifted almost ENTIRELY to the triangle, with much less input from the other characters, even though they still fill out their roles.

DYRL was essentially focused on Hikaru the entire time, and split the time half and half (roughly) between Minmay and Misa.

This looks like it does the same, taking the events of the series, and tweaking them so that the focus becomes the main 3 again.

What I hope DOESN'T happen here though.. I don't want Ozma/Kathy to get relegated to the Max/Milia role in DYRL. M&M got reduced to the bare bones in DYRL, and I think that worked, but O&K (or maybe just OK? lol) had bigger roles throughout the series, and both of them have bigger connections to the main plot than M&M did (I mean, Max wasn't Minmay's legal guardian or anything, and Milia wasn't related to Global :lol:). The relationships between "minor" characters are a lot more fleshed out in MacF, and will need more coverage than in DYRL, since they're key elements of the plot. Fortunately, we've got two movies to do it in.

And I REALLY want Klan to have a bigger role than just mourning Michael (which it already looks like she does fortunately). I haven't watched DYRL for a while, but I don't remember if Claudia even had lines. :(

Edited by Chronocidal

I kinda saw something along those lines in one of the posts linked above. You know, I actually prefer the flightsuit...

Maybe now is a good time to remind us about Grace's cyborg body. You know the whole thing with "fake" women.... :unsure:

Any torrent files out for Macross Frontier movie??

Its probably going to be a couple of weeks for a cinema rip.

But for the real deal (quality fan subs and the works) we'll have to wait till the blu-ray comes out i guess.

Thanks for the heads up. I definitely like it better than Pink Monsoon. The Aimo bit is interesting (as much as I abhor spoilers, I figure it'll be awhile until I see it anyway). I'm not sure how I feel about some of the changes, at least on paper. I had a laugh over the "plus for Sheraru fans" in the form of him treating a wound. Ahh shippers, ever so desperate. :lol:

It has been noted before, but considering the fact that he turns 50 next year, Shoji Kawamori has no right to look like he is only about 30 tops. BASTARD!!!!!!!!

Taksraven

He looks 30. He is the main mind behind one of the most popular anime franchises ever. There must be something rotten somewhere in his life. Maybe his wife is a hideous, domineering, hairy madwoman

It has been noted before, but considering the fact that he turns 50 next year, Shoji Kawamori has no right to look like he is only about 30 tops. BASTARD!!!!!!!!

Taksraven

He is the real life Max Jenius, he looks so young because he is a genius :lol:

And I REALLY want Klan to have a bigger role than just mourning Michael (which it already looks like she does fortunately). I haven't watched DYRL for a while, but I don't remember if Claudia even had lines. :(

She had quite a few lines and I prefer they way they treated Roy's death in the movie as opposed to the series. Claudia came across as a good little soldier and never publically broke down over the news...

I'm trying to just interpret the movie based on the pictures on this page...

So...Ranka is revealed to be a cross dressing 30-something year old Japanese man?

As for Kawamori being 50 - my dad just turned 63 and looks like he's 40 tops, so it happens. My (ex?)girlfriend hit 43 and looks 35. Me, however, I'm 30 and I look like I'm 40, so I guess it goes both ways :)

Anyways, I will probably look forward to seeing this someday.

I hope the economy improves so I can one day visit Japan and watch a cool movie like this one :) They seem to have plenty of them... :)

Pete

I'm trying to just interpret the movie based on the pictures on this page...

So...Ranka is revealed to be a cross dressing 30-something year old Japanese man?

And a wrestler to boot. To bad there ain't any videos where he gets ambushed on the way to the ring, that might work off any lingering bad feelings I got towards the green moeblob.

She apparently speaks it at least, seeing as she wrote a note to Grace on her mirror in French once.

According to the series, Sheryl is Mao Nome's granddaughter. Considering that Mao comes from an island in the southwest Pacific area and that a large part of the islands in that area are french speaking, it wouldn't be surprising if the Nome's spoke french.

Remember that Sara Nome sang in french in Macross Zero.