Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

I'm glad to see that concept come to fruition, it really looks even better than we it was discussed earlier in the thread. ^_^

Knowing how hard they are to get now, I'm really scared to start painting over one of mine, but if they ever get re-released, I'll probably grab another to do this to. It's such a relatively simple job compared to some things, I don't think I could pass it up.

How much of it did you actually repaint, and did you actually just swap any parts around from other VF-19s? Only ask because the yellow color looks pretty close to the Fire Valk's.

I didn't swap anything. I painted the red head stripes black, then yellow on the outer sides of that. Then the head lasers black. Painted the Red Stripes to Black. repainted the lower ankle covers yellow, then the lower and upper fins. Did the top of the shoulders black, the bottoms a matching yellow. Did the black stripe down the back and then added the stickers.

Couldnt help myself....

IMG_3479_zps231c2c18.jpg

IMG_3477_zps56b8e77b.jpg

I finally used some blu-tack to keep the codpiece up. Hope my Basara custom doesn't suffer from the same problem.

Out of all the VF-19's I own, so far only 1 has the cod piece problem. It happened on one of my VF-19F's. I really did not handle it enough to figure out why it falls, but if I finagle it enough it stays up.

• 6 months later...