Another Century's Episode R

macross_fan99

MF-99 Thanks for the info. I have the old "hardware" reverse compatible PS3.

Glad that I well be able to play the Japanese PS3 games.

Looks like yes-asia will be getting some of my money.

One more thing. Movies will be region locked. Even blu-ray movies.

So games are ok, but all movies will be region locked.

One more thing. Movies will be region locked. Even blu-ray movies.

So games are ok, but all movies will be region locked.

Yep, although North America and Japan are in the same Blu-ray region (Region A) so at least Blu-ray discs from Japan should work in North America as well (not saying that the entire world consists of North America though, but it is a step up from DVD region codes).

• 2 weeks later...

i've read in the neogaf forums that the Another Century series is pretty import-friendly, so i don't think language will be a barrier

I have both the PS2 Another Century games but.....

I will be doing what I did for the PS2.... waiting till they release a Macross game on the PS3 be for I buy one. I already have Blu-ray capabilities and HD-DVD on my Mediacanter set up in my living room.

My Mint condition Ceramic white Japan only PS2 slim needs a friend though. The three games I have for it would all play nicely on a PS3 smile.gif

Edited by big F

I haven't bought a video game in over a year

www.play-asia.com seems to it have a good price at $78.90 compared to NCS $86.90

I never used Play Asia are they any good?

I tried to order a game from Play Asia a few months ago. It was "in stock" and supposed to be shipped in 3-4 days. But my order sat in processing for about 2 weeks. Then suddenly it was "out of stock" with an estimated restock time of 4-6 weeks. I cancelled my order and pretty much demanded a refund. Which they did give.

Play-Asia is cool, they've been around for quite a while, and I've never had a problem with them.Though I usually only go with them for used stuff, which is always in surprisingly good condition.

PV 2 is to air July 20th from what I have read.

EDIT new screens- few days old seems we were behind in noticing- also the site updated to show the Original Mech

http://www.gpara.com/comingsoon/ace-game_r/100625/

http://superrobotwar.wordpress.com/2010/06/16/this-week%e2%80%99s-famtsu-magazine-4/

http://superrobotwar.wordpress.com/2010/06/03/this-week%e2%80%99s-famtsu-magazine-3/

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20100625_376784.html

Edited by Sorata

Ozma's pimped out vf25 sure looks sweet in that shot. For the non-space missions though, the texturing on the environments does look a little asstacular. Will be picking this up but may wait a month or 2 to save a bit by getting it 2nd hand. Am kinda broke right now anyway.

And Graham - I'll 2nd the blu ray player argument. The ps3 is a great Blu player. Comeon man, I'm sure you can pull one somehow!

If you could still play PS1/2 games on the PS3 I might consider buying one, but so far there is really nothing apart from this game that I can see justifying a new console purchase. If and when DYRL comes out on BluRay then I might consider it.

If you could still play PS1/2 games on the PS3 I might consider buying one, but so far there is really nothing apart from this game that I can see justifying a new console purchase. If and when DYRL comes out on BluRay then I might consider it.

The new PS3's don't play PS2 games but they all play PS1 games. But the PS1 games are region locked. Only PS3 games are open region.

And its definitely not worth buying a console for 1 game but I'm sure you could find a few more games that would justify the console purchase. The Uncharted games for example.

I can't even tell you how much value I've gotten out of MGS4 & MGS online. Adhoc party, Ratchet & Clank, SFIV & SSIV, not to mention the bluray & dvd upscaling benefits. If you have an HD TV and no bluray player, you'll only stand to benefit from a PS3.

I know, but I'm not really going to be using it all the time or anything. There's nothing on BluRay that interests me right now (at least not enough so I feel I must get a player), and the DVD upscaler sounds good for HD DYRL goodness, but I would then need to invest in a separate 5.1 system, as my DVD player already has it built in, with all the output sockets right there at the back of the deck. Sound is a big deal for me, but I cannot keep up with all this HDMI, HDCP, DTS HD and DD HD BS.

For the time being, I will sit on the fence until I hear that this game is the best thing ever, or that there are worthwhile features on the Macross Frontier movie BR. Otherwise, I'm happy with my 5.1 DVDs and Macross Ultimate Frontier on PSP (which looks great on the TV screen anyway).

The new PS3's don't play PS2 games but they all play PS1 games. But the PS1 games are region locked. Only PS3 games are open region.

Thanks. But it makes little difference, as I can play my PS1 games on the PC with no real issues anyway. I own the Macross PS2 game and MGS3 but don't have a console for those... argh. Damn you, Sony, for taking away the one thing which would have actually tipped me over to your side of the fence. Oh well, your loss. :p

ARX-7!! Imma cry tears of hearts!

Damn... now I have to buy a PS3.......

So, you guys think they chose Zero and F stuff to include from Macross cause those designs have the most consistent transformations (due to the shows being in CG)? Or was this covered already?

Also, is this being done by From Software again or what?

Edited by Product9

I own the Macross PS2 game and MGS3 but don't have a console for those... argh. Damn you, Sony, for taking away the one thing which would have actually tipped me over to your side of the fence. Oh well, your loss. :p

Wouldn't have made a difference with the Macross game; the PS2 games were still region locked when using backwards compatability.

• 2 weeks later...

This game looks interesting. How do they tie in these various universes into the game? I've never played any of these types of games where they tie in a bunch of mecha from various franchises. Do they end up feeling generic? Sort of reminds me of Super Smash Bros where they just grab a bunch of random popular characters and throw them into a game.

I'm considering this game or that other Macross F game coming for the PS3 if it does turn out to be a full game release at some point.

I still haven't gotten any games for my PS3 yet as I've only been using it to watch movies on Netflix, Blu-Ray, DVD or streaming the media from my PC. That's fine though, because that was my primary reason for getting it. The fact it also plays games is just gravy.

This game looks interesting. How do they tie in these various universes into the game? I've never played any of these types of games where they tie in a bunch of mecha from various franchises. Do they end up feeling generic? Sort of reminds me of Super Smash Bros where they just grab a bunch of random popular characters and throw them into a game.

There's usually some kind of story and plot behind it all, although sometimes they either ignore timeline issues, or they think up creative ways as to why everyone is in the same era. But the stories definitely don't end up canonical, kind of like those crossovers between Marvel and DC or Marvel and Image in the comic book world.

I believe some of the writers in this particular game have come from the Super Robot Wars world (wasn't necessarily true for the other ACE games), so they definitely have experience in tying multiple storylines and continuities together. But if you can't understand Japanese, it doesn't really matter. In any case, ACE games usually have great gameplay, so even if the plot was lacking, you'd still have fun playing it.

The presence of the Orguss is enough to give story writers free reign to create any kind of crossover, hell, they could put the X-Men or Lord of the Rings worlds in there if they wanted to. Such is the power of the Space-time Oscillation Bomb B))

Thanks Keith for the link in the movie thread. Preordered laugh.gif

The link in the other thread is for the Itsuwarino Utahime/Trial Frontier hybrid pack, Not ACE-R, both are quite worth pre-ordering though.

The link in the other thread is for the Itsuwarino Utahime/Trial Frontier hybrid pack, Not ACE-R, both are quite worth pre-ordering though.

Yeah I posted in the wrong thread. But good news I already preordered ACE R yep they will both be worth it.

Looks like some people have gotten their copy early on 2ch and it looks like you can have Custom Soundtracks based on situation (Normal, Boss, Chase, etc). That'll be so cool!

Can't wait for this game to arrive; problem is that it'll probably take two weeks to get to me since I got it from YesAsia using the free shipping method :(

http://superrobotwar.wordpress.com/2010/08/17/a-c-er-released/

Edited by sdf2501

Looks like some people have gotten their copy early on 2ch and it looks like you can have Custom Soundtracks based on situation (Normal, Boss, Chase, etc). That'll be so cool!

Can't wait for this game to arrive; problem is that it'll probably take two weeks to get to me since I got it from YesAsia using the free shipping method sad.gif

http://superrobotwar...-c-er-released/

You konw, I think Ultimate Frontier woke up Japan to the custom soundtrack option, and really, it's about damned time.