Macross General SCOOPUDA thread

azrael

Newtype Ace 2012 Vol.11 is out.

Macross content:

Document of Macross No.004: DYRL. [to answer any questions about it using pre or post restored BR DYRL footage: NEITHER! It's all about the design work that went into the film. :p] Next issue will be "Design of the Macross"

NA (don't you just love the shorthand for the mag?) Anime Station: SDFM Macross 30th anniversary projects:

event 1: Macross the Musical

event 2: M7 Fire Bomber live performance

Playback in divas: Princess Aruto [nope, didn't see that one coming.] Luckily, it's only 4 pages long...

30th anniversary news:

08.11~08.15: Macross Caravan ☆ 30

08.10~-8.22: The Macross Keyframes

10.03~10.08: Macross the Musical

M7 Project: M7 BR complete Fire box: 1st set 10.26, 2nd set 11.13

TV broadcast: Macross Super Dimensional Seminar

Projects whose advancement is continuing:

- "Fire Bomber" live convert

- "Macross FB7" (tentative)

Smartphone social game: "Macross SP Cross-deculture!!!"

DYRL Hybrid pack:

2 pg w/ Kawamori interview on the HD remaster.

Macross Goods Express:

Bandai 1/100 Armoured Factory

Hasegawa VF-19 SVF-569 Lightnings w/ high-manuever missiles

Yamato 1/60 theatrical VF-1A, VF-1S Roy & VF-1S Hikaru with option parts.

Manga:

Macross the First: Minmei's birthday party and Hikaru's grounded by Fokker for disobeying orders. It's a really, really interesting retelling of how Hikaru gives Minmei her birthday gift. Gosh darn it, Minmei is hot, hot, HOT in a China-dress. Kakizaki and Max have impeccable timing... poor Hikaru!

Alas, MtF is taking a break next month, and will be back in NA Vol.13.

Next issue (NA Vol.12) will see the return of "Macross FF".

BR DYRL

M7 BR complete Fire box

I'm terribly, terribly sorry but I just can't leave this alone.

It is BD, not BR.

Blu-ray Disc

Same as

LD = Laserdisc

CD = Compact Disc

DVD = Digital Video/Versatile Disc

The format has been public for over a decade and on the shelves for 6 years. BD-R, BD-RE, BD-ROM, BD+, BD-Live, BDMV, etc.

BR = Brazil

Macross Fortissimo (AKA Macross FF): just glanced at it. Not sure what to make of it. First few pages are Ranka and Sheryl in their underwear. Followed by a recap of the first arc of MF (Aruto joining SMS.) As Sheryl and Ranka are on stage singing together later in the story... really not sure where it fits into the timeline.

Yeah I just realised and updated accordingly, thanks! Had thought that the Mobage platform would have meant it WASNT strictly on Android devices only - seems like a silly decision since the Android market is relatively small in Japan compared to iOS devices.... oh well. Thanks for the heads up!

Edited by Tochiro

I'm terribly, terribly sorry but I just can't leave this alone.

It is BD, not BR.

Blu-ray Disc

Same as

LD = Laserdisc

CD = Compact Disc

DVD = Digital Video/Versatile Disc

The format has been public for over a decade and on the shelves for 6 years. BD-R, BD-RE, BD-ROM, BD+, BD-Live, BDMV, etc.

BR = Brazil

Indeed... However the term BRrip is more popular/commonly used than the term BDrip. Try searching both of them in any torrent engine and you will see way much more results under BRrip than BDrip. Just saying. =)

Indeed... However the term BRrip is more popular/commonly used than the term BDrip. Try searching both of them in any torrent engine and you will see way much more results under BRrip than BDrip. Just saying. =)

Well just because a group of torrent listers abreviate BDRip into BRip doesn't make abbreviated term correct... B))

Not so scoop thing.

Rebroadcast of Macross Frontier starts from Jul 29th on TV Saitama (Teletama). Every Sunday night 11:30.

http://www.teletama....nime/index.html

From the web page above, I want to re-watch Hiatari Ryoukou. The character, Shin Mikimoto's name went to Haruhiko Mikimoto's pen name. So nostalgic.

Gundam 0079 and Heidi. Hmm, I want to watch them、too.

Dengeki Hobby September 2012 #9

Macross content:

DX Chougoukin:

YF-29 30th anniversary colouring: ¥17,850. Planned release: end of October.

VF-25G Michael Blanc Renewal Ver.: ¥14,700. Planned release: end of September.

VF-171EX Nightmare Plus use Armour Parts: ¥5,040. Planned release: December.

Figure Arts:

Sheryl Nome (Black Rabbit): ¥4,725. Planned release: beginning of October.

Yamato:

VF-4G: ¥undecided. Planned release: end of 2012 [pictured is completed fighter form with landing gear extended and canopy open]

Macross characters are "Pikuriru!" (phone) strap: Macross characters trading straps. 10 types (9 normal + 1 secret). ¥450 per piece. ¥4,500 per box. Planned released: September

Characters: Mao Nome, Lynn Minmei, Saotome Aruto, Ranka Lee, Sheryl Nome, Kuran Kuran, Sharon Apple, Mylene Flare Jiinasu, Nekki Basara, Ranka Lee DYRL Unified Forces pilot.

Macross Genga-ten: Aug. 10~22. Seibu Ikebukuro main store, 2nd floor gallery. General admission: ¥700.

Everyone's shopping street is doing "Macross!": Aug. 11~15. Yamatokoriyama Aeon Mall.

Macross 7 BDB Complete Fire. #1: Oct. 26 (Eps. 1~29). #2 December 21 (Eps. 30~49 + the 3 additional episodes + 4 OVA). Both ¥29,400 each.

Lotteria Macross Collaboration: campaign starts July 26. 1) Lotteria Original drink cup. 2) Lotteria original folding fan.

Macross Super Dimensional Seminar (see elsewhere in MW for details)

Macross the Musical: cast and characters have been decided. Playing: Oct 3 ~ 8; 8 showings. Tickets: ¥6,800

Eggplane at Macross the Ride: article about the VF-1J Double Plus Ver. and YF-19 Nothung Ver.

Little off topic: someone was asking about the ASF-X Shinden II kit that appears in Ace Combat: Assault Horizon.

The 1/72 Hasegawa kit is available, now. ¥3,570

(Mag's related article has two build-ups, normal mode and STOVL mode. Also an interview with the games producer and Kawamori Shouji's lineart of it in STOVL mode.)

The Dengeki October issue is advertised as having Macross 30th anniversary as the #2 special feature. Tentatively titled: "30 years of Variable Fighters"

This was included in the DYRL BD Box set.

Macross FB 7... In theatres this autumn!!

As I suspected, it's most likely going to be a one-off OVA, with this screening being a promotional event like the Yamato 2199 ones. Still no clear details, though.

post-1318-0-11504900-1343274307_thumb.jpg

Still no clear details, though.

They may be now adjusting the schedule not to overlap the rival movie's screenings. So many opponents in this fall. Tiger & Bunny, Madoka Magika, Cyborg 009, Evangelion, and Yamato 2199.

Macross 30th anniversary train tickets are sold from Aug. 10th at Ikebukuro, Tokorozawa and Seibu-Shinjuku Stations.

The special tickets are 14 pages of booklet style including the each visual works from the Macross series with 4 anniversary tickets.

1,000 yen and 3,000 sets are sold.

Source: http://www.seibu-group.co.jp/railways/news/news-release/2012/__icsFiles/afieldfile/2012/07/19/20120719macross.pdf

(Seibu group official news release)

and

http://response.jp/article/2012/07/20/178207.html

They may be now adjusting the schedule not to overlap the rival movie's screenings. So many opponents in this fall. Tiger & Bunny, Madoka Magika, Cyborg 009, Evangelion, and Yamato 2199.

Macross 30th anniversary train tickets are sold from Aug. 10th at Ikebukuro, Tokorozawa and Seibu-Shinjuku Stations.

The special tickets are 14 pages of booklet style including the each visual works from the Macross series with 4 anniversary tickets.

1,000 yen and 3,000 sets are sold.

Source: http://www.seibu-gro...0719macross.pdf

(Seibu group official news release)

and

http://response.jp/a.../20/178207.html

Just to give everyone some context, this is a collaborative train that will coincide with the upcoming genga exhibition.

There is quite a likeness going on there between them!

When my mother first met my girlfriend, one of the first things she said to my gf was that she should be a hand model. I immediately thought of this movie when I heard her say that. Of course, my gf looks up at me like "wtf?". I just shrugged and walked away chuckling.

Latest Anniversary News

http://www.macrosswo...sary-news-0727/

At a glance of the key visual of the MUSICULTURE, it reminds me of that of Natsuiro Kiseki. Ah, the same character designer, Minami-san's work.

The female character with silver hair is Daryl Walgria, hmm.

Daryl is a male name.

You know, Camille is a female name...

Argh. I've said it before, I'll say it again: DARYL HANNAH??

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000435/

Oh, the most famous Dar®yl is Darryl Hall to me. B))

"Watch out boy, watch out boy."

You wanna hit me as if I were Jerid Messa? ;)

Edited by antibiotictab

Some new regarding the upcoming Megaroad Launch Ceremony - it's just been announced that in addition to Mika Doi (Misa), Aya Endo (Sheryl) and Megumi Nakajima (Ranka), special guests will now also include Tomo Sakurai (Mylene) and Sho Hayami (Maximillian Jenus)!

Definitely sounds like the event will cater to oldskool fans as much as new ones! Also, given the mix of Frontier and 7 cast members, could we possibly hear more about the upcoming Macriss FB7 project? :-)

The Macross Original Art Exhibition.

Megumi Nakajima's talk show on Aug 21st.

Hidetaka Tenjin's autograph session on Aug 18th.

Kazutaka Miyatake's autograph session on Aug 19th.

Source: http://www.macross-g...ecial.html#show

Edited by antibiotictab